WOW, Laker fans are complete morons

JWF

Veteran
Reaction score
Bynum and Brown stopping Amare....wow I needed a good laugh.

Brown is a joke of a player, and actually looked servicable against us last year only because we didnt even have a real PF to put on him. Bynum has some talent, but is horribly raw, and hardly dominating on either end of the court.

The lakers are a solid team, but I really dont see them matching up well with us. We finally have Amare and Kurt to provide interior defense and better rebounding. Diaw and Marion are back where they belong, and dont have to guard as many Bigs. Outside of SG, I dont think the Lakers have single advantage at any position.

Nash>>>>>>Parker
Kobe>>>>>Bell
Diaw>Walton (Slightly, because while both are solid offensively and passing, Diaw is a better rebounder and more capable of playing 3-5 positions)
Marion>Odom (odom is a good player, but Marion is more versatile. Odom cant really guard anyone but PFs and bigger SFs
Amare>>>>>Brown and Bynum

Suns have an obvious offensive advantage, and have been playing about on par with the Lakers defensively over this streak.

pointless rant....over.

Last edited:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nash>>>>>>Parker
Kobe>>>>>Bell
Diaw>Walton (only because of his passing and rebounding. Walton is a solid player though. Very dangerous from the 3 point line)
Marion>Odom (odom is a good player, but Marion is more versatile. Odom cant really guard anyone but PFs and bigger SFs
Amare>>>>>Brown and Bynum

I agree with most of your assessments. The X-factor here is Amare. As long as Amare and to a lesser extent Diaw continue to crash the defensive boards, the Suns will be fine against the Lakers. The biggest problem against the Lakers is defensive rebounding. When Amare realizes that he will get his looks on offense, and leaves the fast break to Bell/Barbosa/Marion, we will be a much better team come playoff time.

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
I got banned from clublakers for posting an intro thread...oh well, it'll save me from going insane after reading any more posts by those morons.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Being in LA, I meet all kinds of laker fans, and the majority of them are myopians. Most of them think they are title contenders this season, yet fail to realize that they have taken advantage of a very accomidating schedule. The big picture is evidently too big for them to see.

I read one post where they were trying to undermind the 14 game winning streak, saying most of the teams we beat are poor. Irrespective of the level of competition, it is tough to maintain a winning streak that long going against any stretch of NBA teams. Not only that, we were playing a lot of back-to-backs and going on the road, where fatigue and complacency can esily set in for most undisciplined teams.

Give the Lakers the same schedule, they come out 6-8 at best!!! GO SUNS!!!

LakeShowMan

Registered
Reaction score
Being in LA, I meet all kinds of laker fans, and the majority of them are myopians. Most of them think they are title contenders this season, yet fail to realize that they have taken advantage of a very accomidating schedule. The big picture is evidently too big for them to see.

I read one post where they were trying to undermind the 14 game winning streak, saying most of the teams we beat are poor. Irrespective of the level of competition, it is tough to maintain a winning streak that long going against any stretch of NBA teams. Not only that, we were playing a lot of back-to-backs and going on the road, where fatigue and complacency can esily set in for most undisciplined teams.

Give the Lakers the same schedule, they come out 6-8 at best!!! GO SUNS!!!

That depends, are you saying that they would be 6-8 at best, with Lamar Odom or w/out Lamar Odom? With Lamar Odom, we'd probably be 10-4 or so in that same stretch. Without Lamar, 7-7 sounds about right.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
That depends, are you saying that they would be 6-8 at best, with Lamar Odom or w/out Lamar Odom? With Lamar Odom, we'd probably be 10-4 or so in that same stretch. Without Lamar, 7-7 sounds about right.

Wait, injuries to star players matter? Funny, no Laker fan seemed able to acknowledge that when the Suns played without Stoudemire all last season.

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
Wait, injuries to star players matter? Funny, no Laker fan seemed able to acknowledge that when the Suns played without Stoudemire all last season.

Well remember even though now we have him he would be completely shut down by the demi-god defense of Bynum and Kwame Brown obviously!

Best interior defenders in the league!!!!!!!

LakeShowMan

Registered
Reaction score

I don't think I ever discounted what you guys did without Amare last year, although feel free to correct me if I am wrong. In fact I don't think I even insulted your team this year.

All I said was that the Lakers would have a much better 14 game record (with most of the games on the road) if Lamar was available.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well remember even though now we have him he would be completely shut down by the demi-god defense of Bynum and Kwame Brown obviously!

Best interior defenders in the league!!!!!!!

How about we all wait until they face each other to start running our mouths? That's probably the best bet.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
How about we all wait until they face each other to start running our mouths? That's probably the best bet.

Didn't the Suns already face the "new and improved" Brown seven times in last summer's playoffs?

CaptainInsano

Reaction score

The only thing I was waiting for was the Amare vs Dwight matchup, and Amare CRUSHED him. So yeah, I am jumping to conclusions and I do think if Amare doesn't have an off-night he will completely dismantle the lakers interior defenders in our next matchup.

*And the only reason I make such a point about this is because most lakers fans are sticking to the notion that Amare won't make much of a difference.

Last edited:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn't the Suns already face the "new and improved" Brown seven times in last summer's playoffs?

Yeah, he pretty much played great until an "accusation" when he suprisingly lost his focus. And you barely squeaked by in those seven games to a team most of you thought you'd sweep.

And no, he hasn't played Amare.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
*And the only reason I make such a point about this is because most lakers fans are sticking to the notion that Amare won't make much of a difference.

The twelve year olds on the Lakers forums are not "most Lakers fans."

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, he pretty much played great until an "accusation" when he suprisingly lost his focus.

uh, D-Dogg - he went 14-15 on FGs and scored 14 and 17 (equaling and eclipsing his previous series highs) while getting 12 boards in the first two games following the "accusation" - seems like he was doing pretty much the exact same thing as what he did in the rest of the series... unless you're saying that 3 games later that accusation made him lose his focus where he and the rest of the Lakers crapped the bed... which would seem pretty weird... not to mention just a bad excuse.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
all that being said, with a healthy Odom, this Laker team is probably the 5th best team in the entire league, no matter what they're schedule has been so far.

It really doesn't make sense to me that above a Suns fan says it's ridiculous that people are taking the Suns to task for playing the most cupcake schedule any of us have probably ever seen and then turns around and takes the Lakers to task for the very same thing. It's a dumb argument either way - you play who's on the schedule in front of you.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
uh, D-Dogg - he went 14-15 on FGs and scored 14 and 17 (equaling and eclipsing his previous series highs) while getting 12 boards in the first two games following the "accusation" - seems like he was doing pretty much the exact same thing as what he did in the rest of the series... unless you're saying that 3 games later that accusation made him lose his focus where he and the rest of the Lakers crapped the bed... which would seem pretty weird... not to mention just a bad excuse.

Hmmm, you are right. I forgot that he wasn't phased by it...I think I was expecting him to be, and that's what I remembered.

Well, the new and improved Kwame had a pretty good series then...

Sundance

Registered
Reaction score
"I hate when people say Kobe gets Superstar treatment. I will probably say he is the only superstar who dosent get thos shadow calls, that Dwayne, Lebron, or Areanas get. Thats why Kobe suppossely takes all these crazy shots. But when the others do it, they get the foul, and its a Smart Play by them.

And you would think he would get that kinda treatment."

^^^

After tonight's loss to the Bulls.:D

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, he pretty much played great until an "accusation" when he suprisingly lost his focus. And you barely squeaked by in those seven games to a team most of you thought you'd sweep.

And no, he hasn't played Amare.

Well, Greg Anthony publically stated that the Lakers would win the series. He hasn't left the Lakers bandwagon since.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I don't remember the "accusation" issue, but the player who killed the Suns early in the series was Odom, not Brown. Brown started off playing a minor role, and went downhill from there.