You Guys Are Forgetting

Lomax15

Reaction score
There are 2 things that you guys are forgetting. Isnt the referee from yesterday's game the same moron who blew the coin toss a couple of years ago between the Steelers and Lions on Thanksgiving with Bettis calling heads and the ref ruling that he called tails. Secondly, some of you have pointed out that the referee shouldnt have thrown a flag on the review since that wasnt being challenged which reminded me of our game against the 49ers a couple of weeks ago when Terrell Owens was forced out of bounds in the endzone but since that wasnt called on the field the referee correctly didnt enforce it after reviewing the play and we won the challenge since he only had one foot in bounds.

Redmark

Registered
Reaction score
Originally posted by Lomax15
There are 2 things that you guys are forgetting. Isnt the referee from yesterday's game the same moron who blew the coin toss a couple of years ago between the Steelers and Lions on Thanksgiving with Bettis calling heads and the ref ruling that he called tails. Secondly, some of you have pointed out that the referee shouldnt have thrown a flag on the review since that wasnt being challenged which reminded me of our game against the 49ers a couple of weeks ago when Terrell Owens was forced out of bounds in the endzone but since that wasnt called on the field the referee correctly didnt enforce it after reviewing the play and we won the challenge since he only had one foot in bounds.

I believe that was Phil Liggett not Jeff Triplette. Still an idiot and neither one should be an NFL referee.

Jim O

Reaction score
Phil Luckett botched the coin toss and Jeff Triplette is the guy who threw the flag which injured Orlando Brown of Cleveland.

The Owens play was a completely different situation from Bryant Johnson's play.

OP
OP
L

Lomax15

Reaction score
Jim,
my point in comparing the 2 plays was that in the 49er game Coach Mac challenged that he didnt have 2 feet in bounds which was correct, but the referee didnt come back and say that in spite of the challenge being correct he was forced out and therefore award the 49ers a TD. Yesterday, the referee reversed the ruling on the field that WASNT being challenged.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Lomax15
Jim,
my point in comparing the 2 plays was that in the 49er game Coach Mac challenged that he didnt have 2 feet in bounds which was correct, but the referee didnt come back and say that in spite of the challenge being correct he was forced out and therefore award the 49ers a TD. Yesterday, the referee reversed the ruling on the field that WASNT being challenged.

the gist is that both were bad callas all the way around. Do you guys watch a lot of games other than the Cards? I do - officiating is horrible all the way around the league - good teams overcome officials - plain and simple.

mulpwr

Reaction score
Originally posted by cheesebeef
the gist is that both were bad callas all the way around. Do you guys watch a lot of games other than the Cards? I do - officiating is horrible all the way around the league - good teams overcome officials - plain and simple.

Its a shame it has to come to that to. :(

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by cheesebeef

I watched the Tampa Bay/Carolina game yesterday. Keenan McCardell was raped on several playes with no whistle. On one play he was past 5 yards and the DB pulled him down without a penalty.

Was it the Saints that had the apology from the league because of bad officiating. I like instant replay, I don't think that was the cause of the problem yesterday (it could have given us a touchdown) the problem IMO is part time refs. This isn't their job, it's a hobby. MLB has full time refs whose only job to focus on the entire year is officiating. The NFL has doctors and lawyers devoting a few months out of the year to this. No matter what their will ALWAYS be botched calls, but I think that would help.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
The Steelers a few years ago received 3 official letters of apology from the NFL. What a crock the officiating has turned into in this league.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan