You guys have a long way to go yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

SixBurgh

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
To be considered a reputable franchise, you have to lose with dignity and win with dignity. You frankly have put a lot of seahawk fans to shame with some of your incessant whining. You need to learn to win and lose with dignity before you will be considered any type of good team.

Bad calls happen all the time in football, it’s the human element of the game, it happens its sports. Good teams overcome bad calls, and they don’t whine they overcome that is because their a good team. Steelers have been screwed more times than I can name, afc playoff game vs colts, troys int is overturned Clear INT, Last year vs jags obvious holding david Garrard easily gets the first. How bout the heads tails game on thanksgiving.

I implore you to please stop having sour grapes, realize that in losses you learn more about your team than in wins. You guys caught lightning in a bottle, you weren’t that great of a team all year, but you did have your shot and have done a lot to gain respect. Please don’t bring that down your small base by making your small and up coming fan base with ignorant,racist and bias comments, it does not make you look mature at all.

Yes in football there is always questionable calls, in the superbowl as quick as you are to point out the steelers faults, what about the uncalled pass interference vs the eagles in the nfc championship game. Selective retention I suppose, but the steelers both overcome bad or non calls. Ben could have very well ben in if you look at enough angles on the first play. James Harrison is held by the neck in just about every play. That was pretty ticky tack hold in the endzone with that much on the line at that point. You see what you awnt to see, and you guys are being awfully, AWFULLY immature, with some of the stuff your saying, calling santonio a wife beater, even though larry fitzgerald your savior did the same thing. Disdaining our players doesn’t make you look good, it actually makes you guys look like jokes ait pretty much shows me how cardinal fans are. Calling out Harrison cause he lost his cool, who hasn’t lost their cool, if you played football it happens and he was flagged rightfully so. Calling for a phantom block in the back, when it was a block to the side, but even if called because of the facemask we would have gotten another play. Grow the hell up, learn every game of football has controversy, Calling out Tomlin or the Rooney’s or Santonio or any of our vaunted defense is immature.

All the respect I had for the Cardinals, after coming back and scaring me was put in the trash, when I read the stuff here. You guys are WORSE than SeaHawks by a large margin, because your throwing race into and and some other idiotic statements.

So I implore you to take the high road, Say GG, move on your team has come a long way, Losing in superbowl makes you stronger, After Odonnnel threw 3 pics to larry brown, yes it hurt bad, then we went through the Kordell era, but I stuck with them through thick and thin. Stop playing the what if games, cause what if my aunt had balls she would be my uncle.

Good luck next season guys, but please stop hating on the 6 time champs we earned it.

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
Wow, not gonna lie, this post will not be well received.

To me, winning with dignity involves not going to the other team's board and chastising them, kicking them while they're down.

But to each his own.

joshstmarie

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
let me be the first to say shut the funk up. The title of your thread gives your douchebaggery arrogance away. in fact, i didnt even read more than the first sentence. what does it say for your overrated team that you came within two minutes of losing to "the worst team EVER to make the playoffs". i mean, you realize we HANDED you that game right? why dont you take your own advice and take "the high way". dick.

on another note...im ready for my ban.

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
What site did you copy+paste that from?

I can't think of any other reason why you would have a different font.

Lol. clown.

OP
OP
S

SixBurgh

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Well ill explain im not arrogant by any means, you guys gave us a helluva a superbowl but reading all these threads. I was lurking but felt something had to be said, if you cant speak civally thats fine. The font is different because i wrote it in word, because i kept trying to type it, and then that pop up thing for tags came up. So i saved it in word.

OP
OP
S

SixBurgh

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If you didnt read more than the first sentence, then how would you know?

Losing builds characters, we have lost numerous afc championships, the cowboy superbowl, lost to chargers, lost to the patriots.

It makes your team stronger in long run i assure, you

OP
OP
S

SixBurgh

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
No you know plenty about losing, but losing big games. This will build alot of character for your squad.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's always easy for the winner to say, "We wouldn't act like you are now". Whatever. I'll believe that when I see it. It's human nature to try to make yourself feel better about a loss...especially one of that magnitude. Most people on here have said that the officiating didn't necessarily change the outcome, and we just didn't get the job done. To complain about what was wrong, however, is natural.

Take your condescending ******** elsewhere.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
To be considered a reputable franchise, you have to lose with dignity and win with dignity. You frankly have put a lot of seahawk fans to shame with some of your incessant whining. You need to learn to win and lose with dignity before you will be considered any type of good team.

Bad calls happen all the time in football, it’s the human element of the game, it happens its sports. Good teams overcome bad calls, and they don’t whine they overcome that is because their a good team. Steelers have been screwed more times than I can name, afc playoff game vs colts, troys int is overturned Clear INT, Last year vs jags obvious holding david Garrard easily gets the first. How bout the heads tails game on thanksgiving.

I implore you to please stop having sour grapes, realize that in losses you learn more about your team than in wins. You guys caught lightning in a bottle, you weren’t that great of a team all year, but you did have your shot and have done a lot to gain respect. Please don’t bring that down your small base by making your small and up coming fan base with ignorant,racist and bias comments, it does not make you look mature at all.

Yes in football there is always questionable calls, in the superbowl as quick as you are to point out the steelers faults, what about the uncalled pass interference vs the eagles in the nfc championship game. Selective retention I suppose, but the steelers both overcome bad or non calls. Ben could have very well ben in if you look at enough angles on the first play. James Harrison is held by the neck in just about every play. That was pretty ticky tack hold in the endzone with that much on the line at that point. You see what you awnt to see, and you guys are being awfully, AWFULLY immature, with some of the stuff your saying, calling santonio a wife beater, even though larry fitzgerald your savior did the same thing. Disdaining our players doesn’t make you look good, it actually makes you guys look like jokes ait pretty much shows me how cardinal fans are. Calling out Harrison cause he lost his cool, who hasn’t lost their cool, if you played football it happens and he was flagged rightfully so. Calling for a phantom block in the back, when it was a block to the side, but even if called because of the facemask we would have gotten another play. Grow the hell up, learn every game of football has controversy, Calling out Tomlin or the Rooney’s or Santonio or any of our vaunted defense is immature.

All the respect I had for the Cardinals, after coming back and scaring me was put in the trash, when I read the stuff here. You guys are WORSE than SeaHawks by a large margin, because your throwing race into and and some other idiotic statements.

So I implore you to take the high road, Say GG, move on your team has come a long way, Losing in superbowl makes you stronger, After Odonnnel threw 3 pics to larry brown, yes it hurt bad, then we went through the Kordell era, but I stuck with them through thick and thin. Stop playing the what if games, cause what if my aunt had balls she would be my uncle.

Good luck next season guys, but please stop hating on the 6 time champs we earned it.

Congrats to your team!!! But, if the shoe was on the other foot every Steeler fan in the world would be crying and bitching also and you know it. Win with dignity and quit worrying and belittling Cards fans.

ANDY440

Registered
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Just a small point, if Ben was in it was because he was pulled in by his lineman which I belive is against the rules.

Oh and yes there has been some sour grapes here but plenty of arrogant Steeler gloating all over the internet.

Last edited:

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
No you know plenty about losing, but losing big games. This will build alot of character for your squad.

Its been said by other posters here, but I'll repeat it:

Go celebrate your win with Pittsburgh fans, nothing you can say means shiat to us.

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
All the respect I had for the Cardinals, after coming back and scaring me was put in the trash, when I read the stuff here.
So you base your respect for an NFL team and it's players on how well some of their fans post on an Internet message board?

All of the intense focus, perseverance, and warrior-like effort this team has displayed over the past month, including overcoming the largest deficit to take the lead in Super Bowl history, all of that heart and desire is all down the drain because a few of us in cyberspace are devastated and can't get over it yet, even though it's only been two days?

I can only assume that our players and team don't need or want your respect anyway.

OP
OP
S

SixBurgh

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I rooted for cards throughout in the NFC, that stopped when they played my boys. You can feel bad, but dont pull race, or bias, or any of that thats completly uncalled for.

I been celebrating with my peeps, i was too drunk on that day, and well its been like a nice ride, I had this place bookmarked because i like to see what other teams thing before big game. I wanted to make a statement, we consider you pittsburgh west, but some stuff is jus nit picking, race,tomlin didnt congratulate us, tomlin is over rated or something about fireworks.

rode kardinaal

Registered
Reaction score
To be considered a reputable franchise, you have to lose with dignity and win with dignity.
Looking at the comments of your coach, or the lack of comments whichever way you way you want to put it, and looking at all the "classy" Steelers posters on this and other boards, we're not the only ones who have along way to go then.

As a matter of fact, our coaches and players never whined or bitched, they gave the Steelers all the props in the world without taking even the slightest thing away from them. That means that our up to this season perennial losing team is a lot further on it's way to being reputable than yours.

Good day sir. May the internet for some strange reason disconnect for all Steelerfans for a long long time.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score

It must be nice to be emotionally ******** so that you aren't aware of just how monumental of a loser you are personally.

They always say ignorance is bliss and I would imagine you're just one contented POS.

So nevermind the blinking red signs of emotional scars and deep insecurity in your post, just cash your unemployment check and buy your depends.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To be considered a reputable franchise, you have to lose with dignity and win with dignity.
So, the Steelers are not a reputable franchise, either? Because you sure aren't winning with dignity. Your post is just as "poor winner" as any of our "poor loser" posts. And we're doing it in the comfort of our "home". WE (this message board) aren't doing it on YOUR message board. Take this crap to yours if that's where you're seeing it.
you weren’t that great of a team all year,
So the Steelers BARELY beat a "not that great team"? Good job, Steelers! You must be proud.

what about the uncalled pass interference vs the eagles in the nfc championship game. Selective retention I suppose
The VICE PRESIDENT of officiating said it wasn't pass interference because at the time their feet got tangled, Hood was looking for the ball. HE said it was the right call. What more do you want?

That was pretty ticky tack hold in the endzone with that much on the line at that point.
Ticky tack? Even Madden said there was a choice of 3 different players you could have called it on, and when it's THAT blatant, you have to call it. Not exactly "ticky-tack"

calling santonio a wife beater, even though larry fitzgerald your savior did the same thing.
From what I understand, she hit him; he threw her to the ground & held her there. Not quite the same thing. Acceptable? No. Same league? No, again.

Calling for a phantom block in the back, when it was a block to the side
His one hand is squarely on the numbers...what video are you looking at?

, After Odonnnel threw 3 pics to larry brown, yes it hurt bad, then we went through the Kordell era, but I stuck with them through thick and thin.
Congratulations, you must be so proud of yourself for sticking with your team. So many of the people here really need a lesson on how to stick with their team through thick & thin. We appreciate this valuable tidbit...we know nothing about what you are referring to.

English on tour

Eng-gur-land Eng-gur-land
Reaction score
[/font][/size] Congratulations, you must be so proud of yourself for sticking with your team. So many of the people here really need a lesson on how to stick with their team through thick & thin. We appreciate this valuable tidbit...we know nothing about what you are referring to.

:lmao: ..there is just so much we can learn from this guy!

OP
OP
S

SixBurgh

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Im also an avid pirate fan, when i was about 12 we were good, i know how it feels to support a crappy team. A few notes

Mike Pereira was asked about 4 controversial plays from superbowl and had this to say
1) Why wasn't Santonio flagged for using the ball as a prop? Answer: he would have been if they'd seen it. The ref watched for about a half minute (above and beyond the call of duty) before they went to set up the extra point. One camera angle showed that the official turned his back just before Santonio's celebration. Most illegal celebrations happen right after the TD.

2) Fumble at the end of the game: It was reviewed, they just decided in the booth that it was the right call instead of buzzing down to the field. It was also the right call because Warner had to have control of the ball with his arm going forward, and it was spinning while his arm was still going back.

3) Harrison's TD return: Steelers would have gotten another play anyway because of the face mask. And while I hadn't noticed this before, he crossed the goal line before time ran out.

4) Roughing the holder: Easy call, and that rule isn't well known but it is in the book. (Even the announcers didn't question that one--they said Wilson made a stupid play).

Record wise they were not good, did they play very well in playoffs yes but regular season is part of the football season.

Madden is about as Senile as any football announcer these days, i wouldnt take much credence in what he says

Ill let yall go for now, thanks for the somewhat mature replies from some of yall.

Peace

Osbern61

Insomniac
Reaction score
I'm not going to blame the officials for the loss. Holmes got his feet in, Kurt's last play was a fumble, the Cards should have been able to get a linebacker down with 100 yards to do it in, even if 20 blocks in the back occured. Now get out.

Napier

Pond Hopping
Reaction score
I really don't see the point in coming over to an opponents board with this kind of post; what does it matter how we feel about the loss, no more than it matters to me how Pittsburgh fans feel about the win. If Cards fans want to call out the officiating on a Cardinals board I don't see where there is a problem?

We know all about sticking with our team through the 'thick and thin'; for what its worth, we don't need to be told how to be fans of our team either, but thanks...

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Well ill explain im not arrogant by any means, you guys gave us a helluva a superbowl but reading all these threads. I was lurking but felt something had to be said, if you cant speak civally thats fine. The font is different because i wrote it in word, because i kept trying to type it, and then that pop up thing for tags came up. So i saved it in word.

So Cardinals can't co-miserate on our own message board because in fear that it might up insult the mighty Steelers fans ?

ARE YOU SERIOUS ?

You might be the most arrogant, high and mighty ******* that has stopped by yet.

You talk about class but your team didn't show, your fans haven't shown it, and you are a serious *******.

It has been 3 days since the game ended. And I have seen more Steeler fans at this board than before the game.

Instead of celebrating your Superbowl win, you come over here to preach to us on how to be fans ?

I know why you all come here. To rub it in our faces. Classless, and pathetic just like you, and your high and mighty attitude.

The first day or so we all gave your team congratulations, on the game and season. But that wasn't good enough. You Steeler jerkoffs kept poking, prodding, and preaching. Telling us what we should be talking about and what we should be using OUR board for.

And you wonder why you get a bad attitude from us? You must be an idiot.

I can't wait for the Steelers to lose Art Rooney and go through some hard times. We will see how loyal your fan base is. Just like how loyal your city was to the Penguins...whoops, I forgot they were very close to moving cause your city dropped them like a bad habit.

Pittsburg fans are pretty obnoxious, and Pittsburg itself is a hole of a city. Eveytime I go there I wonder why I didn't just watch the hockey game at home.

Leave and don't come back. We will continue to use the board how we seem fit. If we are not well recieved from Pittsburg fans so be it, we all could care less.

Status
Not open for further replies.