You guys have a long way to go yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Know, that when the Steelers fans talk about Pittsburgh West-it is considered a compliment, though I understand you all may not see it like that. I do think the Cards organization is beginning to be ran like the Steelers organization and Whiz has a lot to do with that.

Most of us would probably sell our mothers to be Pittsburgh West.

We aren't there yet, but we are slowly moving in that direction. The Steelers are a model franchise for how to get it done, IMO. I do call us Pittsburgh West, but know we are a ways from it still.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
However, I am never sure why people don't realize when they are on other teams fanboards, they are "guests." This board has had a couple come over to my "homeboard" and do a bit of trolling as well. It happens, but I won't judge the entire board, nor the entire fanbase. I have a feeling most of you are the same towards us Steelers fans.

Steelers = Cowboys North.

That is the tag line I have for your fans. Sorry, I have never seen such bile come from a fan base. EVER.

The refs? OK, fine we have people complaining about it. I don't agree with them, the calls are the calls in my book. But is it ridiculous ? NO IT CERTAINLY IS NOT. Especially when the national media is talking about it as well.

Furthermore, these fans are entitled to talk about what they want to on this board. This is a Cardinals message board, and Cardinals fans get to talk about what they want. It is bad enough when we try to censor ourselves, but when some arrogant Pittsburgh schmuck tries to come here 24 hrs after a heart breaking loss and starts throwing insults, and arrogance around it is not going to be taken as a sign of respect, or taken lightly.

I have said it a million times. You guys cam here, we said good game, and that should have been it. But you all stayed around acting like schmucks and now you are surprised that we are bashing you ?

Sorry that is some niave thinking in my book.

Don't piss down my back and tell me its raining. Save it and cram it.

72 hours of listening to Pittsburgh bile is enough. Why can't these Steeler fans just go back to there own fricking place in internet land and a leave us alone to discuss what we want ?

It is like having a roach problem in here.

Last edited:

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Art Rooney has been dead for over twenty years, good call.

You do realize that our fans and government officials were a large part of the reason the Pens stayed in Pittsburgh?

It's obvious you know nothing about the city of Pittsburgh (nor do you know how to spell it properly). Just give it up.

Also, I wouldn't argue fan loyalties. Isn't this the metro area that has trouble selling out playoff games in two professional leagues? Even Atlanta can't say the same.

You have a great team that would have been more than deserving to win that game. However, a lot of you on here are starting to enter Ohio State fan territory with your whining up to the game about no respect and whining after the game about being hosed.

Talk to me about attendance. I went to Pirate games in the late 70's when they were an awesome team and nobody was there. It was unbelievable. A football town yes. A sports town. Not on your life.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Who else thinks "Sixburgh" is freakin' weak? If they win another SB will they be "Sevenburgh"? Lame.

Just had to get that out there.
maybe that's really the mayor of Pittsburgh, you know the guy who changed his name from Ravenstahl to steelerstahl for a week :( .

Somehow steeler and stall seems to go together better.

Preacher

Rookie
Reaction score
Steelers = Cowboys North.

That is the tag line I have for your fans. Sorry, I have never seen such bile come from a fan base. EVER.

The refs? OK, fine we have people complaining about it. I don't agree with them, the calls are the calls in my book. But is it ridiculous ? NO IT CERTAINLY IS NOT. Especially when the national media is talking about it as well.

Furthermore, these fans are entitled to talk about what they want to on this board. This is a Cardinals message board, and Cardinals fans get to talk about what they want. It is bad enough when we try to censor ourselves, but when some arrogant Pittsburgh schmuck tries to come here 24 hrs after a heart breaking loss and starts throwing insults, and arrogance around it is not going to be taken as a sign of respect, or taken lightly.

I have said it a million times. You guys cam here, we said good game, and that should have been it. But you all stayed around acting like schmucks and now you are surprised that we are bashing you ?

Sorry that is some niave thinking in my book.

Don't piss down my back and tell me its raining. Save it and cram it.

72 hours of listening to Pittsburgh bile is enough. Why can't these Steeler fans just go back to there own fricking place in internet land and a leave us alone to discuss what we want ?

It is like having a roach problem in here.

May I suggest you re-read my post, as I, in essence agreed with what you said.

Preacher

Rookie
Reaction score
It is the height of ignorance for the Stealer troll to compare Fitz's lady problem with that of Holmes. There is a huge difference between a rap sheet and a restraining order. Larry has never been charged nor convicted of a crime--just a "she said" deal.

Also, why should we be surprised that Holmes waited until the refs back was turned to do something illegal in the NFL. He's had a lot of experience breaking laws!

Yes, the guy beat us with his catch, but he is not worthy to carry Larry's athletic or character jock!!

Actually, there is no rap sheet on Holmes when it comes to women. The charges were filed right around the time of the draft and dropped some time after. While in my position as a Pastor I am VERY careful concerning domestic abuse (go read my rant about Harrison on my homeboard), in all honesty, the charge against Holmes was opportunistic at best. Holmes continues to see his son and has had no problems in any way, shape, or form since.

She, unlike Harrison's babymomma, was simply seeing dollar signs.

Reaction score
Don't let it get to you guys. I actually would like to see the Cards become an Elite team in the NFC.

We are in a transition time fore the NFL. The Golden Boy Tom Brady went down and we dont know how good he is going to be. The Colts lost Dungy, the Bucs lost gruden, the Broncos los Shannahan, and the Ravens lost the D-coordinator.

Your team proved to the world that the statistical favorites don't always make it to the big show. I see blueprints to a great franchise in the making. Whis will not let your guys forget this game, the new stadium definately helps the 12th man (ya im talkin about u guys!!), and not to mention u still got A LOT of cap room!

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
You really can't blame us for discussing the calls and if you paid attention we worked it out of our system on our own time.

It's human nature to avoid losing at all costs and then the last vestiges of that are questioning the refs but it wasn't just us the national media piled on too.

In the end no team with six titles can possibly understand how one who has none could feel right now.

I'm a cardinal baseball fan and it's impossible for the Cubs and the Cardinals to play in a WS but if they did and if the Cardinals won then I'd feel sorry for them and basically post a good game an leave them to their misery, you all can't possibly know what this feels like.

I'll even go a step further and suggest a scenario where in the bottom of the 9th with the Cubs leading here comes up some guy who smacks a three run homer basically over the foul poll that goes directly over it, could be in could be out and it's ruled a fair ball they lose, we win there is controversy and i go over there and go, ah shutup you bunch of whiners, losers it was a fair ball, quit your whining, oh btw good game and all thanks for another title, why are you guys so sore?

Last edited:

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Wow, this losesr takes the time to come to a Cardinal board to say the franchise sucks because dihards are discussing and releasing their frustrations at what was viewed by many non Cardinals observers to be highly questionable calls.

This idiot hasn't even taken the time to realize that the majority of us dont blame the loss on the refs, for the Cards overcame those obstacles to take the lead and couldn't hold back the Steelers.

That doesn't mean we should just STHU about the poor officating.

This is a CARDINALS boad DIXSBURGH...

Status
Not open for further replies.