Your pick at #7 overall?

Pick YOUR choice at #7 overall!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
The scenario: The three tackles are gone. Dion Jordon is gone. Dee Milliner is gone. You can't get value for moving down. Who do you choose?

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
In that a scenario, I think it's a no brainer that you draft the best pass rusher. Jarvis Jones is the best pass rusher in this draft.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Chance Warmack...
his technique is terrible....which means he is the best lineman in the country purely on physical ability.... and technique can still be taught

OP
OP
Totally_Red

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Chance Warmack...
his technique is terrible....which means he is the best lineman in the country purely on physical ability.... and technique can still be taught

Just read a story that because Alabama players are so well-coached by Sabin's staff, what you see is what you get. In other words, there isn't much capacity for them to be 'coached up' in the NFL. In that regard, they're similar to Iowa offensive linemen.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just read a story that because Alabama players are so well-coached by Sabin's staff, what you see is what you get. In other words, there isn't much capacity for them to be 'coached up' in the NFL. In that regard, they're similar to Iowa offensive linemen.

Top 10 picks absolutely, positively have to be game changers. QB's, Pass Rushers, Left tackles. I really do like Warmack, but players similar in talent can be had later. Even if one of the tackles are there, I might still pick Jones. Whoever drafts that kid is getting a football player, who by the way, will come in with a huge chip on his shoulder. If we don't draft him, I'll bet one of our divisional rivals will & he'll be harrassing the crap out of us for years to come. Forget that stenosis crap, this kid will be have a full career.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Top 10 picks absolutely, positively have to be game changers. QB's, Pass Rushers, Left tackles. I really do like Warmack, but players similar in talent can be had later. Even if one of the tackles are there, I might still pick Jones. Whoever drafts that kid is getting a football player, who by the way, will come in with a huge chip on his shoulder. If we don't draft him, I'll bet one of our divisional rivals will & he'll be harrassing the crap out of us for years to come. Forget that stenosis crap, this kid will be have a full career.

RIP: Marcus McNeil

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
It's hard to find difference makers. Although Warmack is tempting I'd go OLB here and follow with Pugh in the 2nd Rd. I might go OL Schwenke/ Jones/ Winters in the 3rd.

1- Jarvis Jones - OLB
2- J. Pugh - G/T
3- Schwenke - C/ Jones - C / B. Winters - G

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

Nick Saban is a good coach....but anyone who has watched Warmack play can see his technique is bad....perhaps Nick allows some players to get buy on their ability alone when they are very productive.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Warmack, you take the best player regardless of position. It also just happens to be the teams biggest need.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I voted Warmack.. But I think we trade down. We'll know in a couple hours!

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Warmack, you take the best player regardless of position. It also just happens to be the teams biggest need.

I think that is tough to say when Levi is still your LT. Not much difference between him and College.

I'll take Levi all day at RT for now.

ndhillst

Rookie
Reaction score

This describes how I feel exactly.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I think that is tough to say when Levi is still your LT. Not much difference between him and College.

I'll take Levi all day at RT for now.

Well I believe that Levi is an average NFL OT, not a Pro Bowler but better than a lot give him credit for...I don't think Colledge or Snyder are average NFL OG's by any stretch though, they should be strictly depth guys.

FWIW I would take both Warmack and Cooper over Lane Johnson.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
McNeil started 82 games in a 6 year career. 3 times he played in all 16 games. He's now actually talking about making a comeback. If we get 6 years out of Jones, he'll make 4 Pro Bowls! I'll take that.

Thanks for the guarantee. Where can I cash that cheque? ;)

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It's hard to find difference makers. Although Warmack is tempting I'd go OLB here and follow with Pugh in the 2nd Rd. I might go OL Schwenke/ Jones/ Winters in the 3rd.

1- Jarvis Jones - OLB
2- J. Pugh - G/T
3- Schwenke - C/ Jones - C / B. Winters - G

Rumors are both Pugh and Winters are gone in the 1st. Better take Warmack IF you have a chance.

I've recently read Warmack and all three tackles might be gone by the time we pick.