You're the new owner of the Mavericks, how do you fix the team?

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
i would trade all of my players for all of the suns players and then move my team to phoenix and call them the suns.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honest attempt ...

First thing I do is I give over the day-to-day ops to Donn Nelson and tell him the only time he needs approval from me is he's trading Dirk or giving away more than $10 million a year salary.

Then I transform myself into Donn Nelson and I ...

- Wave goodbye to Stackhouse and his ridiculously bad defense and poor shot choice. I also be happy Croshere's and Eschmeyer's salaries are off the books.

- I call the Hawks to see if they'd be interested in taking back Jason Terry and the No. 34 pick for their No. 11 pick.

- Assuming the Hawks agree, I promote Devin Harris to starting PG, force him to spend the entire summer learning the two-man game with Dirk and hitting 18-footers off the dribble. In the draft I take either: Spencer Hawes or Acie Law. Probably Hawes, though. In the second round I take Finland PG Petteri Koponen.

- In free agency, I make my best run at Rashard Lewis, offering him the starting small forward spot while pushing Josh Howard to the 2.

I guess that's not really fixing this team as setting it up to be younger and perhaps make another serious run in two years.

ma_falaa_50

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If I was the mavericks, I would get players with talent that would diversify the bench. Second, I would look for a Playmaking PG. third, Find an offensive identity. you can not play like a chameleon and win. Lastly, have avery scout a player that is similar to his molding so They can have a leader out there. I see a chris paul but I dont think he is going anywhere.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05