YouTube TV NFL Sunday ticket renewals.

EndZone

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It is that time of year again. Anyone already renew? Any tips for discounts?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna wait for the lawsuit to settle and be over.
that's probably gonna be through at least another season, with likely appeals all the way to the Supreme Court if the NFL loses.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I never really got an answer last year. Does anybody know now that we’ve had a full season on YouTube if you have to actually subscribe to monthly YouTube to get the Sunday ticket? Or can you get it stand alone?

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I never really got an answer last year. Does anybody know now that we’ve had a full season on YouTube if you have to actually subscribe to monthly YouTube to get the Sunday ticket? Or can you get it stand alone?
Pretty sure you can get it stand alone. It just costs about a $100 more from what I understand. I didn’t get it last year but I plan on looking into it this year. I currently have sling tv but I’m willing to switch if it save a significant amount. However, I think YouTubeTV monthly cost is more than sling, so not sure about long term costs

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure you can get it stand alone. It just costs about a $100 more from what I understand. I didn’t get it last year but I plan on looking into it this year. I currently have sling tv but I’m willing to switch if it save a significant amount. However, I think YouTubeTV monthly cost is more than sling, so not sure about long term costs
It’s def more then sling I tried to sign up standalone last year, but it wouldn’t work. It was making me take a monthly and I couldn’t work around it… but I could’ve swore people said here that you could do it

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I had it as stand alone last year, no monthly subscription

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score
I had the Red Zone channel as part of my NFL Network package on Directv and it was close to as good as the NFL Package. I would split the screen or just watch the Red Zone channel only. They really don't want you to know this little secret.

Cardinal Bob

Glutton for Punishment
Reaction score
I had it as a Stand alone pkg last year...and it's set to renew next week for $449. Personally, I think YouTube TV's presentation of Sunday Ticket was complete crap-ola, & I hate to pay so much for a lousy product. But if I want to watch the Cards every week, and I do, there aren't really any better options out there. :shrug:

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
I had it as a Stand alone pkg last year...and it's set to renew next week for $449. Personally, I think YouTube TV's presentation of Sunday Ticket was complete crap-ola, & I hate to pay so much for a lousy product. But if I want to watch the Cards every week, and I do, there aren't really any better options out there. :shrug:
They charged me yesterday. $479

tennis-player

Veteran
Reaction score
They charged me yesterday. $479
Last year I subscribed to YouTube Sunday ticket. I was not going to renew this year, but I thought I had until September to cancel. Today I was charged $479.

I tried to cancel this morning, and it was extremely difficult. I got nowhere with Google, who does the billing for YouTube, and there is no way to chat or talk to a representative at Google.

YouTube states on the website that you cannot cancel or get a refund once you have been billed. It took me forever, but I finally talked to a representative, who canceled Sunday Ticket for me, and issued a refund.

Overall, it was my fault for not cancelling sooner, but I wonder how many people read on YouTube that they cannot cancel once paid, and don't follow through. I had Direct TV Sunday Ticket for about 20 years and loved it. YouTube is much more expensive, and has terrible customer service.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I actually bit the bullet and got the Sunday ticket, along with the YouTubeTV package. The Sunday Ticket ended up being $279 after discounts.
I have had SlingTV for the last 3-4 years but switched over to YouTube for the discount.
I'm going to test it out and see how it goes. Last night was the first night I had the YouTubeTV and I did notice some buffering and loading delays that I did not experience with Sling. I'm going to keep and eye on that. It better not be that way with the Sunday Ticket.

Cardinal Bob

Glutton for Punishment
Reaction score
I actually bit the bullet and got the Sunday ticket, along with the YouTubeTV package. The Sunday Ticket ended up being $279 after discounts.
I have had SlingTV for the last 3-4 years but switched over to YouTube for the discount.
I'm going to test it out and see how it goes. Last night was the first night I had the YouTubeTV and I did notice some buffering and loading delays that I did not experience with Sling. I'm going to keep and eye on that. It better not be that way with the Sunday Ticket.

My experience last season was that the buffering & loading delays always seemed to happen in the 4th qtr...exactly when you DON'T want that to happen. I'm hoping YouTubeTV fixed a lot of the bad from last year, but we'll see.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I got blindsided for the $479+ tax as well. I'm just glad I get paid $0.01 for everyone's posts here or I couldn't afford it.
Ok Mr. 5 million points

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used Youtube last year and cancelled the base Youtube package right after the season. I got an offer to get Sunday ticket without the base Youtube and a discount on Sunday ticket for around $320. I took it. I love being able to watch the games even I am not home.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pprat