Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Howard Balzer
@HBalzer721
·
7m
Zaven Collins now under contract thru 2026. If $14 million report is accurate, that’s $11.337M of new money. His salary this year was set to be $2.663M with cap hit of $4.674M. Key will be how much of reported $11.25 guaranteed is fully gtd at signing and what signing bonus is.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Well if he has a breakout year we suddenly have a huge value. I guess the coaches saw enough from him in camp to tell Monti to lock him down. Honestly this is fair for what his production was last year (he did do things very well outside of sack #)

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Howard Balzer
@HBalzer721
·
2m
His previous base salary for this year was guaranteed, so another question is whether reported $11.25M guaranteed is new guarantee or includes previous 2024 base.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
It is for a legit edge. He took Dennis Gardeck money as a guy with a top 20 draft pick pedigree.
On a good D, Gardeck is a special teams demon and injury replacement/very low totem pole edge rusher. Cards making starter dreams come true!

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
On a good D, Gardeck is a special teams demon and injury replacement/very low totem pole edge rusher. Cards making starter dreams come true!
I think Gardeck, ideally, is a rotational edge guy. His best work was when he was let loose just to rush the passer.

A silly stat projection I noticed was that Gardeck would have actually had more pressures than Will Anderson if he had played as many stats.

I wouldn't make that argument though, because I understand that more snaps can actually cut both ways, either more productive or less productive, but Gardeck isn't a bad player when used in smaller doses.

Hopefully someone else can play some snaps that BJ would have played.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gardeck only makes about $3Mper year

Gardeck has never had more than $3.3m APY which is less than half.

Considering his career arc I think this is smart of him. It's fair money for just 2 more years. Gives him a nice pay day. If he finds his feet at Edge he's getting paid again at 26/27.

This is Mike Danna, Samson Ebukam, Arden Key, DJ Wonnum type money. Which is about where he is.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05