Zaven Collins re-signs for two more years

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think people forget that while he was moved to ILB, his rookie year they moved him back to edge and he was awful.
But that wasn’t where they trained him through camp. It was a bandaid. As soon as he was fully deployed in his natural position he exploded.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yes this is the thought process of losers. There's zero chance this contract isn't available in December or January if he does the exact stuff he did last year.
Lol. Tell us how you really feel.

It’s also the thought process of happy, content risk averse people. A lot of successful people like certainty over upside. Just different mindsets.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
2024 - 6.8
2025 - 5.75
2026 - 6 (this is the get out year for AZ if they feel they need to. Can save 4.35 if they cut him)

Age 25-27 seasons.

Per OTC

@Stout I think you will find this more agreeable. Puts him in the DJ Wonnum / AJ Epenesa / Deatrich Wise range.
Yes, it does make it better. Now I'll still gripe, but that's because he was an awful Keim first rounder and I bear grudges :D

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He did receive a 5.1 mil signing bonus and he is financially protected for injuries. Definitely a risk-averse move.
Like I said day of signing, I do not think it was a coincidence that he did this right after Ojulari blew his knee out. The natural thought is "That could be me, and what would happen to my next contract? Would I even get one?" Easy decision. Sign and bank millions of dollars. He's got a family to think about. I don't think he is married or has kids yet, but you still want to lock down some security.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Breathe brother, come on...4 seconds in.....4 seconds out....
It was the "Oh, we lost our only hope at edge and, oh, btw Stout, the same day we also extended that stupid Keim pick just to rub your face in it" reaction that got me :) Indeed, if he were a fifth-round pick, I'm sure I wouldn't have given as much of a toss.

And, by my language, you can tell I've been watching loads of British TV :D

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes this is the thought process of losers. There's zero chance this contract isn't available in December or January if he does the exact stuff he did last year.
Yes the guy that’s under 25 YO and got himself an average of almost 6.5 mill per year after just average play is a real loser… screw that guy.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Lol. Tell us how you really feel.

It’s also the thought process of happy, content risk averse people. A lot of successful people like certainty over upside. Just different mindsets.

Yup. One mindset is shared by the best professional athletes and top competitors. The other is shared by the Roy Lopez's of the NFL.

We have plenty of Roy Lopez's on this roster, they're thick on the ground in the NFL. We just rewarded one for reasons unknown.

Now I understand why JJ Watt decided to bully Collins.

Yes the guy that’s under 25 YO and got himself an average of almost 6.5 mill per year after just average play is a real loser… screw that guy.

I mean... yeah? He's 25. He's definitely not the alpha we were promised.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He’s been solid this year, but correctly me if I’m wrong, didn’t he start last year playing well and then faded as the season went on?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05