Suns @ Kings Friday game thread 4-12-2023

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only two games left in the season.

The Suns finally beat the Clippers tonight. They are now 47-33 on the season.

They play the Kings on Friday and at the Timberwolves on Sunday.

When: Wednesday, 4-12-2024

Television: Suns Live, Arizona's Family 3TV / Arizona's Family Sports, NBA TV

Radio: KMVP 98.7 / S: KSUN

Time: 7:30 pm Arizona time

Last edited:

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hope right suns team shows vs kings fox team

Im guessin high 120s gm from both teams

Fingers bong crossed.....

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
For us to clinch the 6th spot, is it either 1) win out the last three games ; or 2) have Pels lose one of their upcoming games?

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
For us to clinch the 6th spot, is it either 1) win out the last three games ; or 2) have Pels lose one of their upcoming games?
Comparing strictly against NOP only, the magic number is 3. Any combination of 3 Suns wins and Pels losses gets them the 6th seed. Note, Phoenix only has 2 remaining games, so yes, NOP has to lose one

Nope, i was wrong. I forgot Phoenix has the tie breaker. What you said was correct, but Phoenix has 2 games left.

Last edited:

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Comparing strictly against NOP only, the magic number is 3. Any combination of 3 Suns wins and Pels losses gets them the 6th seed. Note, Phoenix only has 2 remaining games, so yes, NOP has to lose one
Don't we have the tie breaker against New Orleans?

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
After those two Clipper games I have lost all remaining faith in this team. Both performances were just atrocious when you consider all the factors. The Clippers bench was literally laughing at how pathetic we are.

I just don't believe this team can beat anyone in a meaningful game right now. I really don't think they will make it into the playoffs at this point.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After those two Clipper games I have lost all remaining faith in this team. Both performances were just atrocious when you consider all the factors. The Clippers bench was literally laughing at how pathetic we are.

I just don't believe this team can beat anyone in a meaningful game right now. I really don't think they will make it into the playoffs at this point.
They have shown they can beat the occasional good team.

What they haven't shown is that they can do it more than once in a row.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

This is the way I understand it.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damion Lee remains OUT.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
this game - with the kings being nearly identical to us in record and them playing on a back to back - is going to show us exactly who we are - and that's terrifying
Who here among us doesn’t relish the chance to go into the second to last game of the year against an equal opponent with crucial seeding on the line “terrified?” What a fun season.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will be at Disney but watching the game closely on my phone. I hope just to get the win tonight.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
This is all much ado about nothing. Damion Lee is a great teammate and everyone loves him here. His presence wasn't hurting anything and him taking up a roster spot meant nothing. If Saben Lee and Azibuke were good enough to promote, then sure, Damion would probably have been cut to make room. But they didn't need to because they weren't good enough.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
this game - with the kings being nearly identical to us in record and them playing on a back to back - is going to show us exactly who we are - and that's terrifying
The thing is, we'll probably be in better shape with a chance to play the Kings in the play-in rather than Lakers or Warriors, if we lose tonight. If that's the plan, I can't be too mad at our players.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
The thing is, we'll probably be in better shape with a chance to play the Kings in the play-in rather than Lakers or Warriors, if we lose tonight. If that's the plan, I can't be too mad at our players.
The scenarios are really interesting. The Pelicans final game is against the Lakers, and they will likely go all out due to seeding. In fact, I would think all 5 teams will be full strength trying to win -- Suns/Pelicans/Lakers/Warriors/Kings.

The Wolves will likely go all out in our game because the #2 seed is still up for grabs between them and OKC. So neither game will be easy for us.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
The scenarios are really interesting. The Pelicans final game is against the Lakers, and they will likely go all out due to seeding. In fact, I would think all 5 teams will be full strength trying to win -- Suns/Pelicans/Lakers/Warriors/Kings.

The Wolves will likely go all out in our game because the #2 seed is still up for grabs between them and OKC. So neither game will be easy for us.
Yeah, you're right. There is too much up in the air to try and manufacture anything. Still even a chance to nap the 6th seed and avoid play-in. Might as well go all out. At least tonight and then re-evaluate for Sunday.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Who here among us doesn’t relish the chance to go into the second to last game of the year against an equal opponent with crucial seeding on the line “terrified?” What a fun season.
I'm basically at the point of just not really caring anymore. Even if we do make the playoffs, unless this team is pulling one of the greatest games of possum of all time, we're not going to make any noise anyway.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison