Suns @ Timberwolves Sunday game thread 4-14-2023

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My thing is, can you beat a team 7 times in one season? It's hard to do. Especially on a team that has won more games than you.
Handful of games more than us I’d argue if we were healthy all year we’d have been a top 3 seed instead of them… And we seem to matchup with them very well compared to other teams we could have ended up facing…

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Oh man… I hate our guys saying this. Reminds me of Book talking about being on a “revenge tour” right after we took a 2-0 Dallas lead and then melted down. That team, like this team so far, has accomplished nothing. Save your talk for when you’ve done something.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oh man… I hate our guys saying this. Reminds me of Book talking about being on a “revenge tour” right after we took a 2-0 Dallas lead and then melted down. That team, like this team so far, has accomplished nothing. Save your talk for when you’ve done something.
Nah this team needs some edge and swagger and Beal is bringing it! Would you rather hear Book or KD say we just chillin’…

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
For team that struggles to show any motivation?

Yeah, I have no problem with this. Wolves already have bulletin board material anyway.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nah this team needs some edge and swagger and Beal is bringing it! Would you rather hear Book or KD say we just chillin’…

I don't know what it takes, but if this is what the Suns need, then bring it. I'm tired of the chillin talk as well.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
One, we are entering the playoffs healthy. Two, we avoided the play in. Both things I was looking at when we started the season. If you told me back then we would have both of those things entering the post season, I would have been happy with that.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
One, we are entering the playoffs healthy. Two, we avoided the play in. Both things I was looking at when we started the season. If you told me back then we would have both of those things entering the post season, I would have been happy with that.
Dude, if we were told 10 GAMES ago that both those things would be true, whoever said it would have been laughed off the board.

1982baskets

Veteran
Reaction score
Yet everyone will blame the coach if we don't win the title. This team has had Beal 53 games, and we're seeing what Beal is capable of when healthy. I just don't see a team winning a title with 4 series of no home court. When you look at our bench and lack of a PG on that bench, or even depth to bring some value, I feel a sixth seed finish where we were 8 games out of first seed is pretty solid.

Hoping for a competitive series. I can't say I think the Suns are the better team. I will say, since December 29 when Beal came back from his all his on/off injuries, if you look at that point to present, we've been one of the best teams in the league.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yet everyone will blame the coach if we don't win the title.

Sorry but this is ridiculous. Vogel is a poor coach, period. We won in spite of him and not because of him. This had been a historically bad 4th quarter team. The scoring margin between us and our opponents is the worst in the league this season and the 29th, 28th, and 27th teams combined don't equal the point disparity we've accumulated all season. The problems are more than lacking a PG, which we've had most seasons albeit not top tier PG's that Suns fans are accustomed to. Throughout this season we've had Goodwin, Saban Lee, and Isiah Thomas. Vogel doesn't play any of them enough to get comfortable, his rotations have been dog poo all season. Our turnover issues are prevalent before we even get to bringing guys off the bench most games also. I lost track of how often we'd be in double digit turnovers before halftime. Our offense is slow, plodding, and predictable yet he continues to utilize the same sets over and over as if change is what causes our turnovers.

Make excuses all you want, Beal played enough we got to see who this team was with him and while they are better that doesn't absolve Vogel of blame. It kind of shows how Vogel couldn't coach this team without him and a coach who can't win without a team's #3 player isn't a very good coach. Remove the 3rd best player from any team that's supposed to be a contender and you'll see a slip but you won't see them struggle as mightily as the Suns did. The Suns were 16-13 without Beal. That doesn't cut it.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Sorry but this is ridiculous. Vogel is a poor coach, period. We won in spite of him and not because of him. This had been a historically bad 4th quarter team. The scoring margin between us and our opponents is the worst in the league this season and the 29th, 28th, and 27th teams combined don't equal the point disparity we've accumulated all season. The problems are more than lacking a PG, which we've had most seasons albeit not top tier PG's that Suns fans are accustomed to. Throughout this season we've had Goodwin, Saban Lee, and Isiah Thomas. Vogel doesn't play any of them enough to get comfortable, his rotations have been dog poo all season. Our turnover issues are prevalent before we even get to bringing guys off the bench most games also. I lost track of how often we'd be in double digit turnovers before halftime. Our offense is slow, plodding, and predictable yet he continues to utilize the same sets over and over as if change is what causes our turnovers.

Make excuses all you want, Beal played enough we got to see who this team was with him and while they are better that doesn't absolve Vogel of blame. It kind of shows how Vogel couldn't coach this team without him and a coach who can't win without a team's #3 player isn't a very good coach. Remove the 3rd best player from any team that's supposed to be a contender and you'll see a slip but you won't see them struggle as mightily as the Suns did. The Suns were 16-13 without Beal. That doesn't cut it.
I get what you are saying, but it does kind of depend on the player. If it was CP3 out, everyone would say we lost our PG so we would lose games. Maybe not so much if that guys is a wing player. But I hear what you are saying. Heck the Lakers can win when AD goes down. I see it on other teams, too.