Suns @ Kings Friday game thread 4-12-2023

1982baskets

Veteran
Reaction score
The Suns can finish no worse than 7th in the West.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Two cracks to make the playoffs. I believe, both games will be in Arizona, even if you lose the first one.

This season has been filled with ups and downs. But this group has shown cohesion and that they will stay together. I just don't see enough consistency from them, to make up for the holes they have, where I think they can beat higher seeded teams.

But before any or all of that, lets at least get into the post season!

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Two cracks to make the playoffs. I believe, both games will be in Arizona, even if you lose the first one.

This season has been filled with ups and downs. But this group has shown cohesion and that they will stay together. I just don't see enough consistency from them, to make up for the holes they have, where I think they can beat higher seeded teams.

But before any or all of that, lets at least get into the post season!
WE are guaranteed a spot. If you mean the sixth seed, we need to win the next game and the Pels have to lose theirs. Had we beat the Pels when we played them last, we would be controlling our fate at this point most likely. However, the recent Suns can never take the easy road.

Last edited:

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I really like beal. I think I would have absolutely loved him if he were a sun during his prime.
The season before we got him, I saw him live against us here in PHX. He almost single handedly beat us in the fourth quarter. I came away really impressed because rumors were he was washed up, etc. It was funny, my kids and I were talking after the game how unlikely it would be that we could add him to the Suns roster. LOL!

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They totally stole that win.
I get why you say that. But to me, they played with a lot of heart in that second half and had an answer every time the Kings went on a run. Sure, we got a little lucky at the end to win and needed two critical foul calls on Sabonis to make it happen; they were legit foul calls (VERY deserved) but he'd been getting away with that 2 hand shove in the back all night so it was nice to see the refs step up in crunch time.

Our season will likely end fairly soon but this was one of our better performances given the physicality and quickness we were up against.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get why you say that. But to me, they played with a lot of heart in that second half and had an answer every time the Kings went on a run. Sure, we got a little lucky at the end to win and needed two critical foul calls on Sabonis to make it happen; they were legit foul calls (VERY deserved) but he'd been getting away with that 2 hand shove in the back all night so it was nice to see the refs step up in crunch time.

Our season will likely end fairly soon but this was one of our better performances given the physicality and quickness we were up against.
Oh, I agree. I wish we wouldn't start so late, but it's actually pretty sweet to pull out a win like that compared to blowing them out.

It was incredible what they let Sabonis get away with. If it's been like that the whole season, no wonder he had that long run of double -doubles.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
That game was 100% brad beal willing them to victory. Dude had multiple tough shots in the lane, got fouled, and without his quick hands the last 3 mins on defense suns would have lost
he is a problem. I have not had the chance to see a lot of him yet. In the last game vs. dallas he was out and the mavs capitalized off of that. the mavs expert that I listen to dwelled on that being a huge swing for dallas to earn the tiebreaker vs. phoenix. the fact that the suns have 3 go-to guys is a good thing that can help them win in the playoffs. Is Booker ok? I assume that he is, but I saw that nasty ankle turn on his 3 point attempt early in the game where he got fouled.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
That game was 100% brad beal willing them to victory. Dude had multiple tough shots in the lane, got fouled, and without his quick hands the last 3 mins on defense suns would have lost
That steal and one man fast break to cut the lead from 4 to 2 with a minuteish left was huge. The block on the Fox jumper was another highlight too. He was on a mission.

clyde2tw

All Star
Reaction score
That steal and one man fast break to cut the lead from 4 to 2 with a minuteish left was huge. The block on the Fox jumper was another highlight too. He was on a mission.
And when he was the only of our big-3 on court in the 2nd half, he exploded, and that when we greatly reduced the deficit. We need to start RO in place of Allen, partially to not overload Beal with early defense even though he is the most willing one on D.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison