Suns trade for Beal

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
In a recent interview with SLAM Magazine, Bradley Beal talked about how it’s the side of the ball he’s not known for that he wants to work on. “I would say the biggest individual piece is getting back to being one of the best two-way players in the league. Showing that I can really compete at a high level and play a meaningful game.”

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
However, Phoenix was really fortunate the Bradley Beal situation came along. Otherwise, it's hard to see the Suns putting a roster together that could contend and the wave of good fortune that followed.
Nobody could have dreamed that CP and Shamwow would turn into Beal - even if Beal is overpaid by 20%, who the hell cares!
Also, the Wizards came out of the situation much better than I could have dreamed.
That would seem to depend on how Jordan Poole turns out, no?

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
From Slam Magazine via Bright Side:

“In terms of our balance, we’ve talked subtly about how this thing can work,” Beal informed SLAM. “We know it won’t be easy. It’ll be a challenge, but the biggest thing is understanding one goal at the end of the day is winning. You know, we’re all gonna have our own individual goals, but I think the beauty about our group is that we’re so unselfish.”

Defense is defined by unselfishness, and that is where this team needs to be special. We know they’ll score. We know they’ll light up that scoreboard at the Footprint Center and give us an exciting brand of basketball. But if they can employ Coach Vogel’s defensive strategies? This team will be flat out unstoppable. If Bradley Beal can lock in on both sides of the floor? This team could finally win a ring.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nobody could have dreamed that CP and Shamwow would turn into Beal - even if Beal is overpaid by 20%, who the hell cares!

Using the word serendipitous might have been going a bit light.

That would seem to depend on how Jordan Poole turns out, no?

The Wizards couldn't expect much more than a 24 year old potential star in return.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's how I see it today.

As you mentioned, getting something of value for Paul and Shamet is amazing.
The KD/Book combo is drawing talent here they may not have materialized otherwise. Having said that? If you had told me we could trade a player with a massive contract that is old and often injured for anything of value I would have been shocked. Then if you told me you managed to trade another bad contract for a bench player that simply never materialized I would have been surprised. The fact they both were traded to the same team and you got Beal out of it? I would have thought you were out of your damn mind.

It still feels like highway robbery.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The KD/Book combo is drawing talent here they may not have materialized otherwise. Having said that? If you had told me we could trade a player with a massive contract that is old and often injured for anything of value I would have been shocked. Then if you told me you managed to trade another bad contract for a bench player that simply never materialized I would have been surprised. The fact they both were traded to the same team and you got Beal out of it? I would have thought you were out of your damn mind.

It still feels like highway robbery.

Including Shamet in the trade almost seemed unfair. I feared for the worst.

You must be registered for see images attach

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That's one view. The fact that he was traded for the corpse of CP is a bit troublesome, right?

Its low risk for the Warriors. Clearly they couldn't keep Poole and their options were limited in finding a suitor. Paul is essentially an expiring deal and they're so far into the luxury tax that I think they prefer paying no one over paying Poole. Poole brought out the worst in Draymond and frustrated Kerr, Curry, and Klay so he had to go. CP3 won't rock the boat. They have someone now who can initiate a halfcourt offense other than Draymond also, which they could use when Steph and/or Klay isn't shooting lights out.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
and they're so far into the luxury tax that I think they prefer paying no one over paying Poole. Poole brought out the worst in Draymond and frustrated Kerr, Curry, and Klay so he had to go. CP3 won't rock the boat. They have someone now who can initiate a halfcourt offense other than Draymond also, which they could use when Steph and/or Klay isn't shooting lights out.
Don’t buy this for a second.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
cp3 3pt percentage so far for GSW...6.3%...1 of 16 :shock:

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
According to the radio guys Tim Ring said on the postgame show last night that he saw Beal walking around “gingerly”. Go try imitating a jump shot without bending your lower back, it’s impossible. He’s toast for a while they should just announce it.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Book 50+
KD 40+
KD 40+
Book 40+

Media not mentioning Bradley Beal lately, who's not only a legit catalyst on this team but a freakin NBA scoring champion who can hit 3s and drive the ball - less mid range jump shots more contact

I'm thinking Beal drops 40+ on this road trip - guaranteed

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Book 50+
KD 40+
KD 40+
Book 40+

Media not mentioning Bradley Beal lately, who's not only a legit catalyst on this team but a freakin NBA scoring champion who can hit 3s and drive the ball - less mid range jump shots more contact

I'm thinking Beal drops 40+ on this road trip - guaranteed
It's nice if he does but what Beal brings it timely scoring. There are times when Book/KD are getting doubled and Beal straight up keeps some momentum going. To me that is much more important them him dropping 40 but I will take that too.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
It's nice if he does but what Beal brings it timely scoring. There are times when Book/KD are getting doubled and Beal straight up keeps some momentum going. To me that is much more important them him dropping 40 but I will take that too.
Nobody said Beal scoring 40 was important - this is why I never respond to you - the guy who likes to call others casual fans because they can't understand basic basketball - now go regurgitate some other's words while Beal goes off this week

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nobody said Beal scoring 40 was important - this is why I never respond to you - the guy who likes to call others casual fans because they can't understand basic basketball - now go regurgitate some other's words while Beal goes off this week
Did you miss the part where I liked your comment? I was just saying that scoring 40 is cool and all but his timely scoring is what's important. You read into that too much. Also, stop making crap up. That's a lie. That NEVER happened. Show me where I call casual fans out all the time.

I will wait.

I couldn't care less if fans are casual or hardcore. I love them both. I interact with both at games all the time and here. The only problem I had is you came in guns a blazing telling fans who are here all the time what they were thinking and misrepresenting what people were saying even though you were never here. YOU ARE DOING IT AGAIN.

Stop fishing for reasons to hate. Here is a refresher of what I said after multiple people here called you out:

"If something I said doesn't fly with you that's because there is a misunderstanding or you are not reading what is being said. Let me clear it up from my perspective.

Nobody is questioning your basketball knowledge. Nobody is questioning your love or fandom of the Suns. What is being said is that you have been critical of people you don't know without context of previous conversations or knowing that person (meaning you don't interact with us on regular basis). Maybe you can change that approach. That's it. Nothing more.

I am not asking you to go anywhere. The more the merrier IMO. We all love this team. There is already too much drama here sometimes. Olive branches are good!!"

Last edited:

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
I am more comfortable with Beal bringing the ball up the court, he has the best handles of the 3 for sure. Book does not need to exert more energy bringing the ball up. Beal would run past a double team easy and create an advantage on offense that teams would try to avoid

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am more comfortable with Beal bringing the ball up the court, he has the best handles of the 3 for sure. Book does not need to exert more energy bringing the ball up. Beal would run past a double team easy and create an advantage on offense that teams would try to avoid
I am with you. Yes, Durant and Book can handle the ball but I am more comfortable with Beal doing it too.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

This was highly unnecessary and a 3 day break

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
And again, it frees up book to play off ball and SCORE SCORE SCORE which is his strength. Along the way he will create as well, but I’d rather have 29pts on good efficiency with 4 assists and 2 TOs than 22pts on mid-to-poor efficiency with 8 assists and 4 TOs.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I am with you. Yes, Durant and Book can handle the ball but I am more comfortable with Beal doing it too.
What's lost in all of is how different the offense can look play-to-play just based on who is bringing the ball up. Can really have a lot of interesting combinations. A pick-and-roll with Book and Nurk is a lot different than a pick-and-roll with KD and Nurk, for example. Or a pick-and-roll with Beal and KD. Just a lot of options, and they all can throw defenses for a loop.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's lost in all of is how different the offense can look play-to-play just based on who is bringing the ball up. Can really have a lot of interesting combinations. A pick-and-roll with Book and Nurk is a lot different than a pick-and-roll with KD and Nurk, for example. Or a pick-and-roll with Beal and KD. Just a lot of options, and they all can throw defenses for a loop.
Yep. I think the "pick your poison" part of this team is finally starting to take shape.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ive mentioned in a few game threads but Beal's ability to effectively and efficiently play hero/iso ball is huge when the offense gets bogged down. I want Book to take a last second shot, KD to find a shot with little time on the clock, and Beal to have the ball for a full possession with the game on the line. There isn't as much of an overlap to the big 3's skills as someone would assume but you really need to watch how they gel to see what each brings to the table.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ive mentioned in a few game threads but Beal's ability to effectively and efficiently play hero/iso ball is huge when the offense gets bogged down. I want Book to take a last second shot, KD to find a shot with little time on the clock, and Beal to have the ball for a full possession with the game on the line. There isn't as much of an overlap to the big 3's skills as someone would assume but you really need to watch how they gel to see what each brings to the table.

Agreed it is not the overlap everyone was stating.