Timberwolves @ Suns Sunday Playoff game thread 4-28-2024 - Game 4

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
The Suns play game 4 in Phoenix on Sunday with the Timberwolves up 3-0.

This is a must win game, otherwise the season is over for the Suns.

When: Sunday, 4-28-2024

Television: Suns Live, Arizona's Family 3TV / Arizona's Family Sports, TNT

Radio: KMVP 98.7 / S: KSUN

Time: 6:30 pm Arizona time

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
(Bold) Predictions for Game 4:

Devin Booker says that while the Suns "have just been chillin'" for the first 3 games, they are finally ready to "get serious" for games 4 to 7. Booker than proceeds to go out and score 11 points on 4-22 shooting and gets ejected with one minute left in the game when he loses his temper and tries to karate kick Minnesota's 12th man.

Kevin Durant scores a respectable 28 points but also commits an NBA playoff record 20 turnovers. In the post-game conference, KD declines to comment on the game but repeatedly asks the press if anyone has some "Twinkies, Fritos, Jack in the Box mini-tacos... anything?"

Grayson Allen (ankle sprain) and Bradley Beal (eyebrow sprain) are the only two Suns listed on the pregame injury report. Both appear to be fine to play but are held out by the Suns anyway to "ensure they are ready to go for Game 5."

And after insisting in his pregame comments that the Suns were prepared to "play the game of their lives" to extend the series, Head Coach Frank Vogel accidentally locks himself in the team equipment closet just before the team goes out on the court. Meanwhile, the Suns are not aware of his absence and go on to play the "half of their lives" and end the first half leading Minnesota by 30 points.

Unfortunately, at halftime, the team equipment manager lets Vogel out and with him coaching the entire second half, Minnesota outscores Phoenix 70-20, completing the greatest comeback in NBA history to beat the Suns by 20 and sweep the series. In the postgame presser when asked how his team could have blown such a large lead, Vogel muses "I don't know. Sometimes you just don't get the breaks." while affecting an expression that makes him look like he just stepped out of one of those "Big Eye" paintings.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Minny isn’t 20 points better than us talent wise but they are 20 points better than us team wise if that makes sense. They are a legit team they communicate they trust eachother they do all the small things we don’t.

James Jones has squandered the best chance we ever had. I will hate him for the rest of my life.

People on here really thought Nurkic was good? The mismanagement of the Ayton situation will haunt this team. The second you started shopping him you had to pull the trigger. You could of had Sabonis(23/14/7 his last game)

Not drafting Halliburton is 1B(18/16/10 his last game). I know he said he didn’t want to be here cause we had Paul but damn you hold his ass hostage and take the best player.

I think I’d still do the KD trade.

Beal? Yikes, we owe him like 160 million over the next 3 years. This team is completely handicapped for a rebuild.

I see Booker doing what Booker does and quitting in game 4. Nobody left to blame now Suns fans.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Minny isn’t 20 points better than us talent wise but they are 20 points better than us team wise if that makes sense. They are a legit team they communicate they trust eachother they do all the small things we don’t.

James Jones has squandered the best chance we ever had. I will hate him for the rest of my life.

People on here really thought Nurkic was good? The mismanagement of the Ayton situation will haunt this team. The second you started shopping him you had to pull the trigger. You could of had Sabonis(23/14/7 his last game)

Not drafting Halliburton is 1B(18/16/10 his last game). I know he said he didn’t want to be here cause we had Paul but damn you hold his ass hostage and take the best player.

Beal? Yikes, we owe him like 160 million over the next 3 years. This team is completely handicapped for a rebuild.

I see Booker doing what Booker does and quitting in game 4. Nobody left to blame now Suns fans.

Not drafting Haliburton was Jones' biggest mistake... by a country mile.

That said... Ishbia/Thomas would have probably recklessly thrown him into the KD trade too.

I'm only half kidding...

Nah... I am not kidding at all.

Still agreeing with the KD trade is insanity. We ruined the chemistry, we destroyed the future, he's overrated, I think he's toxic, I don't think he wants to "work" for anything.

The rest I agree with.

wagon mound 464

Veteran
Reaction score
I have tickets to this game.

Among the most regrettable purchases of my life.
Phraz,,,, You may be able to sell these tickets to some Minn fans
who will bring their brooms to the game? Otherwise, they are worth about 10 cents on the dollar, sorry to say.

It's a 48 minute game but the Suns seem to go full-blast for 24-30 minutes and then run out of energy, and pizz-away the rest of the game.
Matt I. must be fuming thinking about all of the luxury tax to pay after thinking Jones and Vogel would bring PHX a title contender? He would have done better playing the horses and betting on the 'also-ran' hags. If he wasn't so wealthy I'd feel sorry for him.

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
(Bold) Predictions for Game 4:

Devin Booker says that while the Suns "have just been chillin'" for the first 3 games, they are finally ready to "get serious" for games 4 to 7. Booker than proceeds to go out and score 11 points on 4-22 shooting and gets ejected with one minute left in the game when he loses his temper and tries to karate kick Minnesota's 12th man.

Kevin Durant scores a respectable 28 points but also commits an NBA playoff record 20 turnovers. In the post-game conference, KD declines to comment on the game but repeatedly asks the press if anyone has some "Twinkies, Fritos, Jack in the Box mini-tacos... anything?"

Sounds like KD(oobie?) was low on munchies. That can happen I guess. At least they were "chillin", because that's why these guys are getting paid millions. Boy, these guys aren't doing anything to dispel my theory, I hope I am wrong though.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I will handle this game as I did the previous two

Set the recording

Go about my day

Get up the next morning and when all other news has been exhausted check the headline stories on the Suns game

Delete the recording without viewing

Shake my head in amusement and not let the outcome affect the remaining part of my day

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
elimination game - it's only game 4 and it's an elimination game - someone help me out here - how do we typically fair in elimination games?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

I agreed with you on the other points until you mentioned the Durant trade. The Suns way overpaid for him.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Not drafting Haliburton was Jones' biggest mistake... by a country mile.

That said... Ishbia/Thomas would have probably recklessly thrown him into the KD trade too.

I'm only half kidding...

Nah... I am not kidding at all.

Still agreeing with the KD trade is insanity. We ruined the chemistry, we destroyed the future, he's overrated, I think he's toxic, I don't think he wants to "work" for anything.

The rest I agree with.

Yeah, the Suns would have included Haliburton in the Durant trade, plus everything else the Nets wanted.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Please, the players and coach shouldn't disrespect the fans with their comments.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ive never rooted for a Suns team to lose in the playoffs, let alone to be swept, but I want Vogel gone and James Jones to follow him out the door. A sweep almost ensures Vogel and Jones are gone. I think Vogel is gone barring the chance this is the first team to claw back to win after being down 0-3. Jones I'm less sure about but a sweep should cause chaos in the Suns front office and no one should be safe. Title contenders to swept 6th seed, what a season.

KD needs to be moved quickly as well. I'd tell him to keep his mouth shut and we'll find him a new home but if he makes a public trade demand then he's sitting out his contract here. I'd call Golden State and try and get a package around Kuminga. They actually have a chance to fall below the tax line so it should be possible. If not GS then OKC and Houston would be the teams I tried sending him too. Both have lots of young players and some picks they can part with.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Ive never rooted for a Suns team to lose in the playoffs, let alone to be swept, but I want Vogel gone and James Jones to follow him out the door. A sweep almost ensures Vogel and Jones are gone. I think Vogel is gone barring the chance this is the first team to claw back to win after being down 0-3. Jones I'm less sure about but a sweep should cause chaos in the Suns front office and no one should be safe. Title contenders to swept 6th seed, what a season.

KD needs to be moved quickly as well. I'd tell him to keep his mouth shut and we'll find him a new home but if he makes a public trade demand then he's sitting out his contract here. I'd call Golden State and try and get a package around Kuminga. They actually have a chance to fall below the tax line so it should be possible. If not GS then OKC and Houston would be the teams I tried sending him too. Both have lots of young players and some picks they can part with.
I’d be ok with making a run on the upcoming season with relatively the same players but a new coach and staff led by a new GM. I want to know where the problem lies.

Visually the players quit on this coach long ago.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I doubt those teams give up anything g for old, cancerous KD. Also, because of the apron, can we even trade him for multiple pieces? One team we should look at is Philly. They’re going to have a ton of cap room and they’re still one player away and the clock’s ticking on Embiid’s knees totally failing him for good.

Maybe they can make a little more cap room and we can unload KD for a couple first rounders. Or, we can try to get four firsts and bite the Booker bullet and trade him to the Sixers. He’d be the perfect 3rd piece for a “healthy” Sixers. But also, that is one team that could totally implode with one more Embiid injury and then we could reap the windfall of high Sixer picks a couple years down the road.

Question: with the pick swaps, does anyone know if those swaps carry over to any first round picks we might trade for in the future? Or are the swaps just on Suns specific first rounders?

If we were smart, we’d unload both Booker and KD this offseason. But we’re not. We’ll try a new coach, any kind of PG and a bunch of hopium only to watch both of those heartless “superstars” embarrass themselves in the playoffs for the fourth straight season.