Timberwolves @ Suns Sunday Playoff game thread 4-28-2024 - Game 4

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
It must be nice to do subpar work, blame your boss who gets fired if you stink, and still get a massive paycheck every two weeks. All of this while people who want you to do better work who also make less per year than your average month talk about it on forums. What a weird world we live in. :)

Gambler

Rookie
Reaction score
So, no team has ever come back from 0-3 in a 7 games series. The odds must be astronomical. I was trying to find the odds for the Suns doing just that but I could not find it on any betting site. Anyone know what the odds are and on what site? I know I would have a better chance pissing out a forest fire, but just curious.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So, no team has ever come back from 0-3 in a 7 games series. The odds must be astronomical. I was trying to find the odds for the Suns doing just that but I could not find it on any betting site. Anyone know what the odds are and on what site? I know I would have a better chance pissing out a forest fire, but just curious.

It's happened in the MLB but never in the NBA. Any sports book should offer a prop bet for it if you look up the Suns. Could always bet big on each game here on out and keep rolling it over. If for some reason you end up big you can back out before they choke.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Threw down a crazy parlay that can win me a few grand if the big three can all show up and score over 20 each and a few 3s. Maybe they can win me some money at least if they go down swinging. Hopefully they don’t just roll over hate to see the Lakers outlast us lol…

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Teams witha 3-0 lead are 151-0 in NBA history. Only 4 of those 151 teams that were down made it to a game 7 (and all lost).

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Teams witha 3-0 lead are 151-0 in NBA history. Only 4 of those 151 teams that were down made it to a game 7 (and all lost).
More telling for today’s game is how many times has a team at 0-3 actually won game 4 on their home court.

The Lakers grabbed a rabbit but how likely is that?

Never mind, in the scheme of my day I don’t care.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unless this team makes history, any wins in this series are just delaying the inevitable. I think all the players know it as well which psychologically becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. These guys know the likelihood of pulling it off.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Spark a round and start IT
Weird obsession people have with this dude who’s been out of the league for years. Hasn’t been here long enough to gel with the team if he tried to go with the starters especially this MINN team they would abuse him on D he’s way too small! I’m all for using the bench to get the starters playing less minutes but starting end of the bench guys is nonsense!

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Weird obsession people have with this dude who’s been out of the league for years. Hasn’t been here long enough to gel with the team if he tried to go with the starters especially this MINN team they would abuse him on D he’s way too small! I’m all for using the bench to get the starters playing less minutes but starting end of the bench guys is nonsense!
The thought being why not…

We might lose, now that is funny!

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I find it interesting it has happened in the NHL a few times. The Red Sox did it in MLB. But never in the NBA. I suppose that is because single players, goalies and pitchers, can have such a dominant impact.

It will happen in the NBA some day. But it is not going to be the Suns v the Wolves.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
doesn't matter what kd does - doesn't matter what beal does - nurk either - grayson or no grayson - it doesn't matter who's vogel subs in - or how the bench performs - and the end of the day it's still basketball

if you're an assassin you get yourself open and you score buckets

if you're a smart assassin - and they start doubling and playing the passing lanes - you see it coming and don't turn it over

this is my long winded highly indica way of saying there's nothing in the world that can stop devin booker from having a bad game today xcept himself - it's put up or shut up - and this is coming from one of his biggest fans

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't have any expectations for this game at all except hopefully this team showing one ounce of freaking heart.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Don't have a good feeling about this one. Can see the team giving up after they get down, and then eventually be a 20+ point loss.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Grayson Allen is OUT.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
this means oneale will start and we'll see more of bol bol - theoretically - but honestly who knows

will vogel finally change course or just keep heading straight towards the iceberg?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this means oneale will start and we'll see more of bol bol - theoretically - but honestly who knows

will vogel finally change course or just keep heading straight towards the iceberg?

I vote for the iceberg. Even if the Suns could win game 4, they don't have the horses to win four games in a row.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Don't have a good feeling about this one. Can see the team giving up after they get down, and then eventually be a 20+ point loss.
I could see anything between a last-minute desperation to win one game and I could see everyone pull a Kobe Game 7 and just quit

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I could see anything between a last-minute desperation to win one game and I could see everyone pull a Kobe Game 7 and just quit
Yeah… part of me thinks we see the former, but only to prolong our season long misery one more game.

Like a win tonight would pretty much feel like punishment, forcing us to waste even more time on Tuesday where we’d eventually get killed.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I only see us getting rolled and down by 20 by the end of the 1st quarter, if not worse. Mentally, this team is done.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I have a new rule I thought of watching the Indiana game. No team can call a time out when the score is more than twenty point difference with less than two minutes left in the game.