Week 14 of the Arizona Cardinals off season. 04/08/24-04/14/24

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
With a week to go, is it safe to say that the team's Big Board is set? And, if not does anyone know when teams usually finalize their Boards?

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Thanks. Just would think that the 'in person' interviews, which I believe ended, yesterday, would possibly change some rankings. Or, am I nit picking?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
lol. I was listening to The Athletic Football Podcast the other day and they mentioned that most teams’ boards are set shortly after pro days.

There used to be an even longer gap between the combine and draft and teams would hate it because there’d be paralysis by analysis and like the owner would come in with some opinions.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
My point being of course that while Olave is a good player and would be a fine addition to this roster he's not the generational talent people are absolutely certain MHJ is going to be, and that's my point.

There is way too much certainly that we must pick MHJ because he is absolutely 100% going to be awesome. It just doesn't work that way.

If the Giants offer #6 and we can get Odunze plus a high 2nd round pick we have to consider that. There is very little between the 2 players, and Odunze may turn out better.
I think part of what makes him “generational” is his floor. I view him as a “generational prospect” not a “generational player.” We can’t know the latter until he plays. What we can oline on is what kind of prospect he is. Rare are the players whose floor you believe a potential pro bowler (I’ll bet olave makes a couple pro bowls in his career). That’s partially what makes him “generational” in my eyes - not only can’t bust but at worst he’s a likely 10+ year high end starter. At best he’s the best receiver in the league.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I think part of what makes him “generational” is his floor. I view him as a “generational prospect” not a “generational player.” We can’t know the latter until he plays. What we can oline on is what kind of prospect he is. Rare are the players whose floor you believe a potential pro bowler (I’ll bet olave makes a couple pro bowls in his career). That’s partially what makes him “generational” in my eyes - not only can’t bust but at worst he’s a likely 10+ year high end starter. At best he’s the best receiver in the league.
Also, if you remember a few months ago this same poster was extremely confident that MHJ would likely be as good as Justin Jefferson.

Some folks just like to fight on the internet.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard