I'm really rooting for Elijah Jones

BritCard

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Same. I like him and he's a good player.

I like him more at the same stage than I did Garrett Williams last year based on his college film.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

I like him more at the same stage than I did Garrett Williams last year based on his college film.
Eh I don't agree... because Jones is a fifth year player.

The cornerback group is now a lot more talented, the Cardinals just need someone to emerge.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
He’s 18 months older than Garrett Williams.

What's that got to to with my liking what I've seen of him more than Williams last year?

I thought Williams was worth a flyer in the 3rd but watching him at Syracuse it wasn't apparent he was better CB than that spot.

Williams might develop more and end up better, he might not. That's not something you have ever allowed to factor into your Beej discussions.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
What's that got to to with my liking what I've seen of him more than Williams last year?

I thought Williams was worth a flyer in the 3rd but watching him at Syracuse it wasn't apparent he was better CB than that spot.

Williams might develop more and end up better, he might not. That's not something you have ever allowed to factor into your Beej discussions.
Because he’s a man playing among boys if you’re watching 2023 tape. Williams played in 32 college games. Jones played in 60.

You can be impressed or whatever. Doesn’t mean anything to me. But you’re being impressed by a full-grown man playing against children and future personal trainers most of the time.

I wasn’t impressed with Beej’s college tape, either. Saw the same stuff his rookie year.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
What I like about the Cardinals plan at CB is that they hedged their bets AND built some young depth. Even if Max Melton doesn't work out, the Cardinals also have Jones and Williams.

SMB is a decent NFL CB, not a star, but a decent player.
He’s also on essentially a deal where the Cards have an option on him every year. he’s not that much better than Hamilton.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
He's better than Hamilton for sure, though Hamilton is a solid NFL player.
Hamilton is solid in that...he can play NFL football. Just dont look at his stats after the game. But honestly he is the guy that should be getting called up from the practice squad a few times a season.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Hamilton is solid in that...he can play NFL football. Just dont look at his stats after the game. But honestly he is the guy that should be getting called up from the practice squad a few times a season.
Coverage stats place him at giving up a 90.8 QB Rating, with the average QB Rating in the modern NFL being a 92, Hamilton is pretty much giving you league average play.

The only CB on the Cardinals roster who played better was Garrett Williams. Cardinals fans are mostly sleeping on him, but he did give up only a 79.6 QB Rating while also only missing 4.2% of his tackles. Williams was already plus defender last year on limited snaps.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Coverage stats place him at giving up a 90.8 QB Rating, with the average QB Rating in the modern NFL being a 92, Hamilton is pretty much giving you league average play.

The only CB on the Cardinals roster who played better was Garrett Williams. Cardinals fans are mostly sleeping on him, but he did give up only a 79.6 QB Rating while also only missing 4.2% of his tackles. Williams was already plus defender last year on limited snaps.
Coverage stats are garbage tho

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Really? Garrett Williams had 1st round tape. It was only because of the knee injury that he dropped. Williams will make the biggest 2nd season improvement.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Which one?

Edit: I should also ask - would you have taken them and considered them an upgrade over Wilson, or not signed Zay Jones?
I think the Jags think Zay Jones is cooked.

Jalen McMillian, Luke McCaffrey, Javon Baker.

I also liked Devontez Walker and would have been ok with Troy Franklin there as well.

I like Wilson. Seems like he's had an awesome offseason. I think health is just such a gamble that I would have wanted more protection. And guys like McMillian, MCCaffrey and Baker might have been able to step into the slot day 1 over Dortch.

I obviously hope all the guys we have become awesome. Just cynical side of me sees injury prone wr, possibly cooked Wr and a 5'7" WR as our main depth. Again they may be awesome this year though. Hope so.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
How do Marco Wilson’s 2022 coverage stats look?
Fine, and he seemingly took a step forward in 2022....and then blew major chunks just like he did in 2021.

You're knowledgeable enough to know that is common with CBs. Even some really bad CBs have played reasonably well for a season or two. Marco Wilson was awful 2/3 seasons so far.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sparky