2024-2025 Around the NBA Thread

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If anyone is interested, one can watch Team USA play Germany at noon on Fox.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Spencer Dinwiddie agrees to deal with Mavericks.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have to say considering the Warriors didn't make the playoffs let alone make a long run, Curry looks really lethargic in these games? I don't know if he just is rounding back into shape or isn't used to coming in and out so much but he seems to really slow compared to regular season Steph. He's still great but I hope this is just out of shape and not a sign he's finally showing his age

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reggie Jackson plans to sign with the 76ers.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I have to say considering the Warriors didn't make the playoffs let alone make a long run, Curry looks really lethargic in these games? I don't know if he just is rounding back into shape or isn't used to coming in and out so much but he seems to really slow compared to regular season Steph. He's still great but I hope this is just out of shape and not a sign he's finally showing his age
I noticed he isn't vintage Steph. Trying to figure out if these guys are just mailing in these friendlies. Embiid looking lethargic too.

Last edited:

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kyle Lowry and Reggie Jackson. One of them isn't going to get any playing time.

It'll be interesting to see because Maxey can play SG. I wonder if that's the plan, run Maxey next to Lowry/Reggie while PG13, someone, and Embiid man the frontcourt.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I like what Portland is doing. With consistency, they should be able to compete with anyone.

A lot of very good young talent on that team. I trust that Scoot and Anfernee will make a jump this season, but if Ayton plays like he did to end the season, Portland will be very dangerous

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Too many vets is not necessarily a recipe for success. I doubt Philly can make it to the finals. I think NYK and Boston have better chances, but NY lost a couple of key players. We'll see. Looking forward to next season but I think I have to start paying attention to the NFL first.

Anyone tried subscribing to NFL like NBA league pass. What is it like (price, quality)?

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Watching USA vs Germany. Booker looks quite passive so far. What is your impression? At least he should focus on defence and getting open for catch and shoot. Not play like it is an All Star game were it's just jogging 3pt line to 3pt line.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A lot of very good young talent on that team. I trust that Scoot and Anfernee will make a jump this season, but if Ayton plays like he did to end the season, Portland will be very dangerous

It's all about consistency with Ayton and bringing it every night. He is young enough where anything is possible.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watching USA vs Germany. Booker looks quite passive so far. What is your impression? At least he should focus on defence and getting open for catch and shoot. Not play like it is an All Star game were it's just jogging 3pt line to 3pt line.

Steve Kerr thinks Booker is a perfect FIBA player.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Too many vets is not necessarily a recipe for success. I doubt Philly can make it to the finals. I think NYK and Boston have better chances, but NY lost a couple of key players. We'll see. Looking forward to next season but I think I have to start paying attention to the NFL first.

Anyone tried subscribing to NFL like NBA league pass. What is it like (price, quality)?

The East keeps getting better at the top.

In regard to the NFL, I just get the local channels as I mostly follow the Arizona Cardinals.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I believe Boston and New York are 1 and 2 in the East but Philadelphia is in that next tier where if they gel and get hot at the right time they could make a legit run. I think they're closer than the Suns because they're in the East, which has less depth. The Sixers have made some solid upgrades where they should be #3 in the East and that makes them closer than the Suns at #5 or below in the West. The Suns are behind OKC, Dallas, Minnesota, and Denver at the least.

Gordon's role will be more defined. He'll be replacing Buddy Hield as a shooter. Here his role changed a lot due to injuries. He had to be more than a shooter.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cam Johnson remains a target for the Kings, Lakers and Magic.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Sunday ticket is expensive (like $300-400) but you get every game (can’t do it on a team basis like league pass). But the freedom to watch whatever you game your want in real time is superb.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sunday ticket is expensive (like $300-400) but you get every game (can’t do it on a team basis like league pass). But the freedom to watch whatever you game your want in real time is superb.
Have things changed since NFL Sunday ticket moved? I never paid full price for NFL Sunday ticket when I had SAT. I used to play the cancel my subscription game and used to get NFL Sunday Ticket at a big discount. Have not kept up since ditching SAT and it moving.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have things changed since NFL Sunday ticket moved? I never paid full price for NFL Sunday ticket when I had SAT. I used to play the cancel my subscription game and used to get NFL Sunday Ticket at a big discount. Have not kept up since ditching SAT and it moving.
I think I paid 69 dollars for it when I first signed up for it on DTV in 94 but as I recall, it was only a partial season. I think it was 1995 before you could buy a full season on Directv and it was 99 bucks for early signup that first full year and jumped to 129 the next and 159 the year after - something like that. It probably wasn't until year 5 on DTV that I started having to negotiate to get the price more reasonable and having to play that game every year was part of why I finally left Directv.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I paid 69 dollars for it when I first signed up for it on DTV in 94 but as I recall, it was only a partial season. I think it was 1995 before you could buy a full season on Directv and it was 99 bucks for early signup that first full year and jumped to 129 the next and 159 the year after - something like that. It probably wasn't until year 5 on DTV that I started having to negotiate to get the price more reasonable and having to play that game every year was part of why I finally left Directv.
I got DirectTV year one I think. Played the game every single year unless like you mentioned there was some deal I took advantage. Towards the end I just got sick of playing games to get the best NFL Sunday Ticket Deal. Just give it to your loyal customers at the discounted deal. I eventually ditched both NFL Sunday Ticket and DirectTV.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got DirectTV year one I think. Played the game every single year unless like you mentioned there was some deal I took advantage. Towards the end I just got sick of playing games to get the best NFL Sunday Ticket Deal. Just give it to your loyal customers at the discounted deal. I eventually ditched both NFL Sunday Ticket and DirectTV.
Do you remember the first year, the partial year? I was so looking forward to DTV adding the NFL package but it was somewhere around midseason 1994 before they finally signed the deal. I know it existed elsewhere before DTV but I'd never had access to it until DTV bought the rights.

And back then, having just retired, I woke up every morning excited by all the sports viewing options Directv offered. Fox had yet to buy and then destroy all the local sports networks so it was a sports lovers dream. I used to spend a few hours every week ironing out my sports viewing/recording plans for the upcoming week.

Until Tivo came out a year or two later I was having to rely on 4 VCRs to record what I couldn't view during real time but still, it was sports heaven AFAIC. Tivo upped the game even more though when they let me put 4 devices in the same room, each one capable of recording two feeds simultaneously but that didn't happen until their second year release that allowed for addressable remotes.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you remember the first year, the partial year? I was so looking forward to DTV adding the NFL package but it was somewhere around midseason 1994 before they finally signed the deal. I know it existed elsewhere before DTV but I'd never had access to it until DTV bought the rights.

And back then, having just retired, I woke up every morning excited by all the sports viewing options Directv offered. Fox had yet to buy and then destroy all the local sports networks so it was a sports lovers dream. I used to spend a few hours every week ironing out my sports viewing/recording plans for the upcoming week.

Until Tivo came out a year or two later I was having to rely on 4 VCRs to record what I couldn't view during real time but still, it was sports heaven AFAIC. Tivo upped the game even more though when they let me put 4 devices in the same room, each one capable of recording two feeds simultaneously but that didn't happen until their second year release that allowed for addressable remotes.
HA. I do remember that. I also remember having a smaller form factor SAT caused all kinds of havoc with apartment complexes. Year one I was in an apartment. There was a raging battle if you were allowed to put up your own SAT's on your balcony. My complex said no but I did it anyway. As long as I didn't permanently attach they didn't fight me on it.

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I’ve never gotten much of a discount. But with its move to YouTube tv I don’t even know if those cancellation games are even available to the consumer anymore.