Suns 2024-2025 Season Discussions

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is what a soft upper body looks like:
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Luka is doing all this in second gear like the Nash Rambler song "Beep Beep." Too bad the Suns didn't draft this guy.

In the past, Jokic has received some of the same criticism.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How the hell is Covington still available? Did I miss something last season? That dude can play defense and shoot threes.

This was my initial thought as well, but his career appears in decline.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

16 minutes per game? This happens all the time. We remember the guy he used to be while being completely unaware of what he has become.

clyde2tw

All Star
Reaction score

None of the 5 is worth freeing a spot by waiving and stretching Little's 22mil. If they needed a 15th man bench filler, they'd better just stick to Liddle's min contract.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
None of the 5 is worth freeing a spot by waiving and stretching Little's 22mil. If they needed a 15th man bench filler, they'd better just stick to Liddle's min contract.

Jae Crowder, Cedi Osman and Lonnie Walker come the closest, but what the Suns really need is a 4/5 with some size who can get minutes.

They could also create another roster spot by waiving Damion Lee if they were so inclined.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
fascinating. If that was their plan, and it seems it was, to be able to negotiate around the draft to get Dunn and Oso was a great accomplishment. And the happiest guy in the room was the coach. That bodes well for development and playing time.
What I find fascinating is that they apparently only wanted to draft these 2 guys - both as high as 22.

That does not encourage me about their depth of scouting.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
So I guess the rumors were true those were the two guys they were looking at. I know from reading about previous Suns drafts, you don't always come away with who you target. Now the next question, did they target the right guys?

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jae Crowder, Cedi Osman and Lonnie Walker come the closest, but what the Suns really need is a 4/5 with some size who can get minutes.

They could also create another roster spot by waiving Damion Lee if they were so inclined.
I am strongly getting the feeling it was just a move to save some luxury tax.

I think they will keep the roster spot open till the trade deadline and then try and do a 2 for 1 deal.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
What I find fascinating is that they apparently only wanted to draft these 2 guys - both as high as 22.

That does not encourage me about their depth of scouting.
I know Oso came in to practice for us. Must have knocked their socks off. He does pass really well. We need rebounding really bad though. And shot blocking. Not sure those are strengths of his.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So I guess the rumors were true those were the two guys they were looking at. I know from reading about previous Suns drafts, you don't always come away with who you target. Now the next question, did they target the right guys?
Based on what I saw in the summer league, I am so far not at all impressed.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I know Oso came in to practice for us. Must have knocked their socks off. He does pass really well. We need rebounding really bad though. And shot blocking. Not sure those are strengths of his.
His rim defense is terrible. His ability to shoot beyond 6 feet is horrific. His rebounding appears subpar. Basically he can't do all of the most important jobs of an NBA big man.

Being a good passer does not make up for those big deficiencies. Maybe he can learn to shoot - but I don't think his interior presence is likely to improve much.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am strongly getting the feeling it was just a move to save some luxury tax.

I think they will keep the roster spot open till the trade deadline and then try and do a 2 for 1 deal.

Nothing wrong with saving a boatload of cash on a player that likely wouldn't play. However, I think the Suns will try to fill Little's spot with a player that can contribute.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I think it was more about finding a tertiary piece that was similar in skillset to Nurk and Plumlee. At the same time he's younger and more athletic than those guys too, oh and he's a local product as well.