This certainly isn’t the Kyler we’re used to….

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Top 10 seems like a lot to pay Kyler for what he's currently being asked to do in this offense.
Agree - if you are being asked to hand off the ball 2 downs and you are being asked the ball to hand off the ball on 3rd down w 43 seconds left - for the 3rd straight down.. then YES, we should have a Jacoby Brisset, Kenny Pickett or Mac Jones QB and paying accordingly.

I really didn’t think I could be more frustrating w play calling than the Kliffy era - BUT I’m pretty sure today topped that. Zero adjustments, zero roll-outs called.. saw no motion in the offense and we were dependent on a 4.8 40 yard dash guy w a 3.1 YPG (w a 20 yard run in that average), as our offenses. FML if I watch one more game like this

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Top 10 seems like a lot to pay Kyler for what he's currently being asked to do in this offense.
I was concerned with how Cards media were saying we'll still lean heavily on the run and that the organization doesn't see the NEED for WR (pre-draft)

They are ok going more old school. TBF the Chargers are doing the same with Herbert. However, at least you can understand since they got rid of their WRs.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Kyler was good early, then he was very much not. Plus they threw up a graphic showing how he was doing nothing 10 or more yards down the field. He needs to do a lot more for us to keep the faith with him.

To be fair, Petzing didn't do him any favors in the 2nd half. The whole '70s style offense isn't going to cut it in the modern NFL. I told the TV "Do NOT go scared and conservative" when they got the ball in the third quarter. So, of course, it was run, run, pass, punt lol
Yeah...drafted a six foot four WR that is said to run a 4.2

Where was the jump ball streak on the sideline?? Pretty sure there wasn't a 4.2 DB on the field over six foot.

"Let Marvin abuse the secondary" was nowhere in the gameplan

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
More than problem than anything we he was limited by atrocious playcalling. You don’t pay a QB like that to hand off the ball in crucial situations. I thought for sure Petz wa just setting thing up to unleash him in the second half. Can anyone explain to me why no one rolls this kid out of the pocket to threaten the run and throw????? I just don’t get it.. he literally got to the edge anytime he wanted but we wanted to make him a dink and dunk passer w still a weak interior line

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
More than problem than anything we he was limited by atrocious playcalling. You don’t pay a QB like that to hand off the ball in crucial situations. I thought for sure Petz wa just setting thing up to unleash him in the second half. Can anyone explain to me why no one rolls this kid out of the pocket to threaten the run and throw????? I just don’t get it.. he literally got to the edge anytime he wanted but we wanted to make him a dink and dunk passer w still a weak interior line
Its what Petzing knows. Just have to hope we see the best version of it.

Kyler has his flaws. Petzing is trying to learn how to call plays and learn Kyler. I would have loved for some uptempo. A screen or two to Marv to get him going.

However, even if this is a Kyler issue they really need to incorporate more motion. No deception whatsoever today.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The team scored 28 pts.
Any other QBs team score that much and lose?
Are you going to keep ignoring the fact that we all knew the D was going to be terrible and the offense was going to have to be GOOD to win games?

Scoring 20 points on offense is NOT good. Scoring 3 points on offense in the second half is ATROCIOUS.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Kyler needs an offensive coach more like Kliff Kingsbury
Touche

Although the point Im making is that Kliff relied on that as his fastball.

I'm asking for Petzing to use it as his changeup.

Similar to how Kellen Moore used it to other day to try to get Jalen Hurts in rhythm and then eased him back into the offense.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I’m not one to say one play changed the game, but dang that roughing the passer call on Zaven freaking changed the game.

Give the Bills credit, they got rolling and deserved to win. But dang that stunk. It seemed like there were a couple times they should have called PI for Dortch and didn’t, including that last play.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yeah how this wasn’t PI is beyond me.

You must be registered for see images attach
That play should have never even happened, but that’s how it goes when you run the ball on 3rd and 10 with 30 seconds left down by 6 not even in the red zone :bang:

That was an unforgivable play call to me.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake