This certainly isn’t the Kyler we’re used to….

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Single worst play call I have seen

Also clock management there is suspect as well.
I’m more forgiving about the clock management because if they scored they wouldn’t want to leave any time for Allen to drive the Bills down the field. I take solace in the fact that we were 1-2 plays away from stealing a game from a very good team, in an early game on the east coast which typically has been nightmare fuel for west coast teams.

Owen Pappoe slows down and reads Allen’s hips and makes the sack, and this is a different ball game. Zaven doesn’t get the phantom face mask call on the sack, Kyler sees MHJ wide open, or Dortch gets the PI call - any of those go the other way and we probably win the game.

It sucks, but onto week 2 and a beatable Rams team at home.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m more forgiving about the clock management because if they scored they wouldn’t want to leave any time for Allen to drive the Bills down the field.
How about we score first and then worry about that?

The arrogance of this coaching staff when they haven't won many games is strange

Owen Pappoe slows down and reads Allen’s hips and makes the sack, and this is a different ball game. Zaven doesn’t get the phantom face mask call on the sack, Kyler sees MHJ wide open, or Dortch gets the PI call - any of those go the other way and we probably win the game.
If my aunt had marbles she'd be my uncle

Every team can say what if?

No excuses for this team

They did not make adjustments when needed and the Bills did

Difference in the game

The6

All Star
Reaction score
If I was the GM id be all over the coaches today. Ask them to explain why was it the running back tight end show.

Brutal.

Last edited:

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The most deflating thing about all this isn’t even the loss, I’m used to that as a cardinals fan. It’s that Kyler and this offense just don’t have that X factor/clutchness to seal up a game. A good offense punishes teams given 2 chances to score the game winning drive in the last 6 minutes, we just keep finding ways to squander it.

Tons of excuses, but at the end of the day they just can’t get it done, and that starts largely with Kyler. It’s early in the season, I hope he finds it, but man it’s tough to watch this guy play in his current form.
This, at no point yesterday did i honestly believe we wouldn't blow it

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
They definitely could have been called - that said, I wasn't the least bit surprised not to get those calls on the road.
Agree could have easily been called.
I think the fact that Murray just heaved it in the air like a Hail Mary pass had an effect on the call.
Refs very rarely call PI on those type plays. If the pass had more zip and authority on it, I think the ref calls that PI.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Not sure if they are taught this or not, but in certain situations why can’t the WR put on the brakes right before the ball gets there when a DB is in a tightly contested trailing position to make a PI situation.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Are you expecting a special teams TD every week? The offense scored 20 points and a pathetic 3 points in the second half. If the offense averages 20 ppg we are going to be atrocious.
Well technically the offense scored 22 right? And point is the team put up 28 all points count the same, if the D doesn’t get abused the entire second half we win. People simply pointing to Kyler like he is the sole reaso bc we lost is ridiculous!

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Agree could have easily been called.
I think the fact that Murray just heaved it in the air like a Hail Mary pass had an effect on the call.
Refs very rarely call PI on those type plays. If the pass had more zip and authority on it, I think the ref calls that PI.
Just heaved it lol perfectly into his chest eh? How about the one like a play or two earlier that was on target as well but the defender illegally contacted Dortch and knocked off the route, or Wilson dropping ball right in his hands, or MJH dropping a ball right in his hands? The receivers and refs did no favors for Kyler, yet some want to blame him for the loss lol…. Cardinals fans seriously….

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Refs rarely call PI on a game deciding play.
Except it happened and it wasn’t a game deciding play he wasn’t in the end zone! They just screwed the cardinals well because they always do why not! Ref didn’t have the guts to make the correct call because it likely helps us win…

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well technically the offense scored 22 right? And point is the team put up 28 all points count the same, if the D doesn’t get abused the entire second half we win.

Dude… THE D HAS NO TALENT ON IT. If all this offense can do is muster 20 or 22 points, they’re pathetic. The Offense has a 49 million dollar QB, a generational first round pick at WR, a stud TE and a Pro Bowl RB. The offense HAS TO CARRY the team.

People simply pointing to Kyler like he is the sole reaso bc we lost is ridiculous!

No one’s doing that. Everyone is shredding the defense, STs and playcalling. You just have tunnel vision with Kyler. It’s okay. You’re a total Kyler Homer, same way you were with Ayton, too blind to ever see the obvious flaws and only saw the light once he was off the team. I suspect if that ever came to pass with Kyler, you’d do the same there also.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dude… THE D HAS NO TALENT ON IT. If all this offense can do is muster 20 or 22 points, they’re pathetic. The Offense has a 49 million dollar QB, a generational first round pick at WR, a stud TE and a Pro Bowl RB. The offense HAS TO CARRY the team.

No one’s doing that. Everyone is shredding the defense, STs and playcalling. You just have tunnel vision with Kyler. It’s okay. You’re a total Kyler Homer, same way you were with Ayton, too blind to ever see the obvious flaws and only saw the light once he was off the team. I suspect if that ever came to pass with Kyler, you’d do the same there also.
lol what an ignorant take! You sure you’re not mixing me up with someone else? I was an Ayton homer lol you’re delusional. And yes Brit and a few others flat out directly blaming Kyler for the loss. It’s the first live action for many of the starters I just think some of you are ridiculous with the criticisms of Kyler when the play calling was atrocious and featured Conner and his 2 yards a carry instead of dialing up a dozen or more plays to the stud WR we just drafted. But hey go on you do you. I’m not a Kyler homer as you say just not a hater that blames or holds his paycheck against him that’s just stupid! How much cap space they have? They could have addressed the D better that’s not Kyler’s fault either. If people expected this team that played zero preseason or live games together to go into Buffalo on an early east coast game and outscore them… well that’s just not realistic…

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake