LA Chargers @ Arizona Cardinals Pre Game Thread. 10/14/24-10/20/24

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reality is setting in on 98.7. All the talk today is how poor the talent is.

Wolfley tried to blame the coaching but everyone else was on how stupidly poor this rookie class and FA class is.

We are going to get our asses absolutely kicked on National TV...again

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
At least this game is on ESPN+ so the rest of the country's eyes won't be subjected to what we have to watch on a weekly basis.

On a real note - It's really annoying this game is on ESPN+.

It looks like there's no free week promo either, so you can watch the game then bail.

I guess I can just pay the $12 and bail. Or watch the game on Tuesday, which I'm already paying for.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Although hope has diminished vastly.. hawks play a red hot falcons team this week, 49ers play KC. Real potential going into Monday night a win puts us in an 1st place in our division. Crazy to think that with how putrid this team looked last week.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
hmmm... Melancholy, yes.

Melancholy is a word that can be used as a noun or an adjective to describe a sad or gloomy mood:
  • Noun: A state of deep sadness or a gloomy mood
  • Adjective: Depressed in spirits, dejected, sad, or seriously thoughtful

Have to pin the current mood on the offense.

Nobody really expected the defense to be good. That they got obliterated again last week was discouraging, maybe a little disappointing, but not super surprising.

But the offense man... the offense has not lived up to the hype it got coming into the season. Quite disappointing.

I rank culpability as follows:

1. Oline
2. DP
3. WR room
4. RB room
5. QB1
6. TE room.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
hmmm... Melancholy, yes.

Melancholy is a word that can be used as a noun or an adjective to describe a sad or gloomy mood:
  • Noun: A state of deep sadness or a gloomy mood
  • Adjective: Depressed in spirits, dejected, sad, or seriously thoughtful

Have to pin the current mood on the offense.

Nobody really expected the defense to be good. That they got obliterated again last week was discouraging, maybe a little disappointing, but not super surprising.

But the offense man... the offense has not lived up to the hype it got coming into the season. Quite disappointing.

I rank culpability as follows:

1. Oline
2. DP
3. WR room
4. RB room
5. QB1
6. TE room.
I agree w that list but flipping DP to number.. you can help hide a bad Oline with schemes, esp w a mobile QB. Again not hide, but help hide

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing.. only thing I noticed was massive space for Kyler to do a designed QB drop back QB draw play with all that space in the middle. Also noticed no one w speed doing a drag route across a wide open mid field

Hurts my heart to hear those two observations DdHilg. :(

Please please please god make DP call three QB draws against LAC.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Hurts my heart to hear those two observations DdHilg. :(

Please please please god make DP call three QB draws against LAC.
Hmm, if that’s so open isn’t it incumbent upon kyler to see that and take advantage and pick up the first? Pretty sure he’s not prohibited from scrambling.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Hmm, if that’s so open isn’t it incumbent upon kyler to see that and take advantage and pick up the first? Pretty sure he’s not prohibited from scrambling.

I don't know Ouchie.

I super duper wish I knew exactly how much leeway Murray has to call his own number in that situation, but I don't think any of us here on the board really know.

I think the kid wants to win pretty bad. I think he hates losing and hates getting called out. I think he likes to make big plays.

It's hard to imagine that he's intentionally passing up opportunities to make plays to help us win. It's possible he doesn't recognize them though to I guess?

It's a mystery. Right on par with the precise origin of the Universe. :)

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I might make plans with gf on sun and pray when i ret home not a 30 pt loss.....

Hope good cards team shows but im losin faith quickly with this def medicore murray...

Ohhh and harrison jr with conccusion lol

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Theo Mackie

@theo_mackie
·
6m

Asked Nick Rallis why the Cardinals are blitzing so infrequently this season. His response:“Scheme. Schematic stuff that they do.”He declined to answer what schematic stuff he was referring to.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Kyle Odegard
@Kyle_Odegard
·
1h

Despite the worst pass-rush win-rate in the NFL, the Cardinals are only blitzing 15.1% of the time, per
@pfref.
Rushing four worked well in Philly because Gannon had some dogs on the DL, but you can’t stubbornly stick to your scheme if it doesn’t match the personnel.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Theo Mackie
@theo_mackie
·
6m

Asked Nick Rallis why the Cardinals are blitzing so infrequently this season. His response:“Scheme. Schematic stuff that they do.”He declined to answer what schematic stuff he was referring to.
Tin foil hat moment: Rallis saying he doesn't have the front players to execute his scheme? He wouldn't be wrong.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiev22