1 pm Arians media availability

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I'm torn between listening to Arians and watching NFLPA practice.

Have you seen anything of my boy Brad Sorenson?

I like him even more now that I remembered there's a guy who lives in Austin who was a finalist on the Food Network Challenge named Brad Sorenson.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Totally_Red

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
One thing that really stuck out for me was mentioning "situational football". Means he makes in-game adjustments. Something that drove me nuts about Whiz; the fact that he didn't make enough and always fell back on the Pitt system rather that creating his own.

I saw several games where Indy came back and won late. The Green Bay game comes to mind immediately.

MoeIsBetter

SPA Co-Commishioner
Reaction score
Why can't people stop referencing a rumor that was proven false.
I don't know how quickly I'd say "that was false". I know Jurecki reported it, and he's probably right that Arians wouldn't mind having Horton. But if I'm Arians, this is how I look at the situation:

I've worked with Ray before, but this isn't just a 1 year rebuild. And what happens what I start rebuilding, Ray doesn't sign an extension for next year, and I'm stuck looking for another DC. I might as well bring my own in with me now.

And Jurecki tweeted today that Horton had a meeting with Keim and he's not happy. I wouldn't sign an extension with Az this year if I'm Horton. Even if I want to come back, I'm making the Cards fight with other teams to pay me (and no chance in hell I'm giving a hometown discount).

I don't think it's 100% that Horton's going to be here next year.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did anyone ask him about leaving Horton and this defense intact?

Cutting the coach of this monster D would be career suicide, whoever comes here will keep horton. This isnt like whiz being stuck with pendergast.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know how quickly I'd say "that was false". I know Jurecki reported it, and he's probably right that Arians wouldn't mind having Horton. But if I'm Arians, this is how I look at the situation:

I've worked with Ray before, but this isn't just a 1 year rebuild. And what happens what I start rebuilding, Ray doesn't sign an extension for next year, and I'm stuck looking for another DC. I might as well bring my own in with me now.

And Jurecki tweeted today that Horton had a meeting with Keim and he's not happy. I wouldn't sign an extension with Az this year if I'm Horton. Even if I want to come back, I'm making the Cards fight with other teams to pay me (and no chance in hell I'm giving a hometown discount).

assistant HC and 1 mil per year to sign a 3 year extension now.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

And the source is Bruce's agent. That is proving false. Now if Horton wants out, that is different is really no different than promoting him since his is a derogator and will hand the defense off, which are his words.

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
"I WILL call the plays. I'm not going to look over someone else's shoulders when I feel I can do the best job. Calling plays is easy."

"Veteran leadership goes a long long way. I relied on veteran leadership last season."

Bruce Arians= Do not want after hearing these quotes on the radio.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Wow it's been a whole hour and nobody has started a new Arians thread, we are growing as a people. :D

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Have you seen anything of my boy Brad Sorenson?

I like him even more now that I remembered there's a guy who lives in Austin who was a finalist on the Food Network Challenge named Brad Sorenson.
Nope - I couldn't stay focused (kept going back to this thread for additional info and also making sure two of our long-haired cats were clipped OK).

What I did like was the way they got down & dirty inside the 11 on 11 drills and how Quint Kessinect proved that he's more than just a former Johns Hopkins U LAX goalie.

I'll watch the replay and let you know if there's anything about Sorenson. (Note - I'm down on Food Network since the dude from Texas with the horn-rimmed glasses got whacked in Seattle).

Last edited:

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Money heals all wounds.

Exactly. These guys get recycled so much it is enough to make your head spin.

I'm sure Horton is not happy. He wants to be a head coach. He has to pay his dues. There are numerous guys that have wanted to be head coaches and had to wait as long if not longer than he has.

Perfect examples are Arians, and Trestman that immediately come to mind.

I like Horton. I would not mind him being coach, but I was not in the interview room, so i really don't know what was discussed. I am sure after a bit of time he will get over whatever hurt feelings he might have and after next year [assuming he does not get the job this year] he can go coach the lions or raiders or someone else.

There are only so many precious head coaching jobs to go around. I get that he is upset, but life isn't fair. He makes millions while sitting in a booth. I'll take his job if he is too upset to coach.

As far as the players go... so what. I really couldn't care less if some of these like or hate the coach. There are no more excuses. There will be a new coach and GM and they better starting playing like their jobs are at stake. Their time will come and go quick.

MoeIsBetter

SPA Co-Commishioner
Reaction score
And the source is Bruce's agent. That is proving false. Now if Horton wants out, that is different is really no different than promoting him since his is a derogator and will hand the defense off, which are his words.
I'm not saying he's absolutely against having Horton. But I do not think this is as easy as "no matter what, Horton will be here".

I believe Horton will stay. Having said that, I won't be shocked if a new HC brings in another DC. I've thought all along that the biggest reason Horton wasn't let go was because the Cards didn't want to cut a guy that they may make HC. But don't get it twisted. If Horton tells the Cards he's waiting till next year to sign an extension so they can "match it up against other offers", don't be shocked if Bidwill lets whoever the new HC is bring in his own DC.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Exactly. These guys get recycled so much it is enough to make your head spin.

I'm sure Horton is not happy. He wants to be a head coach. He has to pay his dues. There are numerous guys that have wanted to be head coaches and had to wait as long if not longer than he has.

Perfect examples are Arians, and Trestman that immediately come to mind.

I like Horton. I would not mind him being coach, but I was not in the interview room, so i really don't know what was discussed. I am sure after a bit of time he will get over whatever hurt feelings he might have and after next year [assuming he does not get the job this year] he can go coach the lions or raiders or someone else.

There are only so many precious head coaching jobs to go around. I get that he is upset, but life isn't fair. He makes millions while sitting in a booth. I'll take his job if he is too upset to coach.

As far as the players go... so what. I really couldn't care less if some of these like or hate the coach. There are no more excuses. There will be a new coach and GM and they better starting playing like their jobs are at stake. Their time will come and go quick.
I'd say coaching in the NFL for 18 years IS paying your dues.

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Bruce Arians= Do not want after hearing these quotes on the radio.

Find me one championship team in any of the major sports that didn't have veteran leadership playing a key role...

I'll take experience and leadership over relying on rookies any day. No problem with what he said.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I'd say coaching in the NFL for 18 years IS paying your dues.
He never said Horton didn't pay his dues, but that there are plenty of other candidates that have been around just as long if not longer than him without having gotten a chance at a HC position. Arians and Trestman for instance have both been coaching in the NFL quite a bit longer than Horton.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sparky