1 Team On The Rise.and Name 1 Team On The Decline

BIGTONY

Registered
Reaction score
:D MY GOALS THIS MONTH WAS TO WRITE MORE IN ASfN,SO HERE WE GO.IM NOT A GOOD WRITER,but im tring to write more in the forums. The one team that will be much improved this year goes to the cardinals,I know what your think,but i think dennis green will do great things for this team.VERY WELL DISIPLINED TOWARDS HIS PLAYERS,and the most important thing he can make player alot better.HE CAN GET THEIR FULL ATTENTION,AND THE PLAYER WILL GIVE 150% all the time.THE ONE TEAM THAT WAS GOOD LAST YEAR,AND THAT WILL SUCK THIS YEAR.Goes to the BUCS.they are getting worse and worse,what are they thinking.No lynch,no sapp,they had so much talent,Do they really need 3 good qbs.I think if you build a awesome offline,let chriss simms have a chance.There spending all there cap space on qbs.SO IMO ONE TEAM THAT WILL RISE ARE OWN CARDINALS,AND ONE TEAM THAT WILL FAIL TAMPA BAY.SORRY ABOUT BEING LONG... ;)

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Here I go:

First I will not pick the Cards as it is a jinx pick, plus I dont want to sound like a cards homer and would be a biased pick so I will pick another team.

Team on the rise - Detriot - Rogers will be back, Tia streets isnt a big name but adds much needed depth, the oline is still great at not allowing sacks and the addition of Woody and Loverne will help with the depth and run blocking. The secondary will be great with the additions of CB Bryant and S Brock Marion. They also have a good dline with good depth that no one is talking about, just look at there depth chart. If they draft well I think the will surprise some people next year.

Team on the decline - Rams - They lost 2 starting dlinemen, 2 of there best depth guys at oline. Right now they got nothing if a starter goes down, once one goes down the domino effect takes place. They have resigned a lot of there own players but at high prices becuase of the RFA offers other teams gave to them so they were not able to resign or sign as many FA as they needed to. The QB situation is still unsettled, the Pace situation is starting to fester, the team is becoming the Oakland raiders of the NFC, They are getting really old fast. And there secondary is more suspect then ours IMO at FS you got A. Williams and Sehorn, both are losing skills fast, injury prone, and getting really old. At SS they got Archuleta who cannot cover a 350 olinemen if he had to. At CB they got a bunch of nickel backs although all would make great nickel backs but no real starters IMO. And the biggest thing that will put this team on the decline, Martz is a freakin idiot who does not know how to manage a QB situation or manage during game time.

Last edited:

Tangodnzr

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
BIGTONY said:
:D MY GOALS THIS MONTH WAS TO WRITE MORE IN ASfN,SO HERE WE GO.IM NOT A GOOD WRITER,but im tring to write more in the forums. The one team that will be much improved this year goes to the cardinals,I know what your think,but i think dennis green will do great things for this team.VERY WELL DISIPLINED TOWARDS HIS PLAYERS,and the most important thing he can make player alot better.HE CAN GET THEIR FULL ATTENTION,AND THE PLAYER WILL GIVE 150% all the time.THE ONE TEAM THAT WAS GOOD LAST YEAR,AND THAT WILL SUCK THIS YEAR.Goes to the BUCS.they are getting worse and worse,what are they thinking.No lynch,no sapp,they had so much talent,Do they really need 3 good qbs.I think if you build a awesome offline,let chriss simms have a chance.There spending all there cap space on qbs.SO IMO ONE TEAM THAT WILL RISE ARE OWN CARDINALS,AND ONE TEAM THAT WILL FAIL TAMPA BAY.SORRY ABOUT BEING LONG... ;)

I'm glad to see you decide to post more, even though some of your language skills may need improving. You still have good points to make, and simply by posting more, those skills will improve too.

...as long as BIM doesn't destroy you. :D

:thumbup:
I look foreward to reading more of your posts in the future.

OP
OP
BIGTONY

BIGTONY

Registered
Reaction score
Thats True About Det.i Had Charles Rogers On My Fantasy Team Last Year.he Tore It Up Against The Cards In The First Game Last Year..rams On The Decline Thats Good News For Cards Fans.

MadRob

Rookie
Reaction score
I also like Detroit, but I think Oakland will have turned it back around based on defense... But the team I think most likely to go from the middle of the pack last year to Super Bowl this year will be Seattle...

This year should be the first that the Cards beat San Fran twice, but I think the team that will be picking first in the 2006 draft (although they weren't good last year) has to be the Bears!!!

CardFan67

Don't touch my tail!
Reaction score
joeshmo said:
Team on the rise - Detriot
Team on the decline - Rams
I totally agree with both of those... I think the Lions will be much improved and that the Rams (hopefully) will be just a shell of their former selves...

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Interesting you guys think the Seahawks and Lions are on the rise? I kind of have my doubts. I was thinking Chicago might be more improved.

What about the Vikings? Can a good def. coordinator make up for a terrible HC and off. coordinator?

Vikes looking to cut their own throats AGAIN Tice has announced that he wants to trade out of the #19 spot. SHEESH!

No believers in Gibbs magic? Is TO and Kearse enough to save PHI from a downfall?

PS I don't think grammar spelling etc really matter in the world of disposable messages that are forums like this.
Both your threads have been very interesting Big Tony!

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
vikesfan said:
Interesting you guys think the Seahawks and Lions are on the rise? I kind of have my doubts.

And those doubts would be. Give some explanation man. :confused:

vikesfan said:
I was thinking Chicago might be more improved.

I just think that Chicago will go through some lumps this year with a first year starting QB and coach, and a brewing RB contraversy, Lovie made a big mistake naming Jones the starter before any preseason games have even happened, it just pisses A. Thomes off, and doesnt motivate Jones who needs some motivation. But give Grossman one year and I think you will be right about Chicago in 2005 though.

vikesfan said:
No believers in Gibbs magic? Is TO and Kearse enough to save PHI from a downfall?

I think it will take Gibbs one year to acclimate to todays NFL which is very different from 10 years ago, the game is different and the way you coach players is different. Plus I think there are huge question marks when it comes to depth and if you want to make a run for the playoffs you got to have depth so when a player goes down the team doesnt miss a beat. I am also not to sure about Brunell's abilities anymore, and the chemistry of the team, to big of a turnover for the players to play as a team cohesive unit this year. But I do think they will be a superbowl caliber team next year in 2005, then make a huge down fall in 2006 once cap hell starts to take effect and the lack of youth and depth catches up from the lack of draft picks this year.

As for Philly, IMO as long as Reid is the coach they will never take a downfall IMO they always seem to loss key players every year and seem to be somewhat cheap in FA but always go to the playoffs, plus TO and Kearse will only help philly not take a downfall.

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
joeshmo said:
And those doubts would be. Give some explanation man. :confused:

I just think that Chicago will go through some lumps this year with a first year starting QB and coach, and a brewing RB contraversy, Lovie made a big mistake naming Jones the starter before any preseason games have even happened, it just pisses A. Thomes off, and doesnt motivate Jones who needs some motivation. But give Grossman one year and I think you will be right about Chicago in 2005 though.

I think it will take Gibbs one year to acclimate to todays NFL which is very different from 10 years ago, the game is different and the way you coach players is different. Plus I think there are huge question marks when it comes to depth and if you want to make a run for the playoffs you got to have depth so when a player goes down the team doesnt miss a beat. I am also not to sure about Brunell's abilities anymore, and the chemistry of the team, to big of a turnover for the players to play as a team cohesive unit this year. But I do think they will be a superbowl caliber team next year in 2005, then make a huge down fall in 2006 once cap hell starts to take effect and the lack of youth and depth catches up from the lack of draft picks this year.

As for Philly, IMO as long as Reid is the coach they will never take a downfall IMO they always seem to loss key players every year and seem to be somewhat cheap in FA but always go to the playoffs, plus TO and Kearse will only help philly not take a downfall.

SEA does not have a very strong defense. Their QB has had 1 good season in his career. Holmgren is an overrated coach.

DET has a lot of holes. Mooch is a decent coach is that enough to get them over the hump. Harrington doesn't look ready yet. No RB.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Buc's are falling...

I think the Redskins are on the rise...

Savage58

Defense, Defense, DEFENSE
Reaction score
On the rise: #1 Detroit, lots of new additions, a healthy Charles Rogers, and a 2nd year under Mooch, and they will be much better.

Also

Jags, with Lefty in his 2nd year, that defensive system under Del Rio has another year, they'll be impressive, possibly playoffs. The bears, I love their new aquisitions on the OLine, and I think Rex Grossman is going to tear up the league soon. Next the Seahawks, they have a great coach he has his guy in Hasselbeck who will be alot more confident early in the season, and their defense should improve with the acquisitions of Wistrom and Taylor, they've added more veteran leadership on D, if they can grab an elite DT in the draft, they will be scary.

On the fall: 49ers is the easiest choice here, Look out Rattay, I can't wait to see how he does, being a local boy and all. They let go Deese, Stone is gone, along with Webster, Hearst, Moran, Streets, Owens, and Garcia. This team will be in the lottery for #1 overall IMO. They're drafting 16th I think, they'll be picking #1 next season, that's a 15 slot downsizing, easy pick. :D

Other teams on the downfall, Rams and it's all Martz doing, I think he has wasted so much time he's closing the window on an awesome offensive juggernaught. Along with Denver, Plummer will need Garner and company to kick much ass or Denver fans will see exactly what Plummers game is all about, PICKS.

dopleganger

Veteran
Reaction score
vikesfan said:
SEA does not have a very strong defense. Their QB has had 1 good season in his career. Holmgren is an overrated coach.

DET has a lot of holes. Mooch is a decent coach is that enough to get them over the hump. Harrington doesn't look ready yet. No RB.

Sea: It's getting better. He's young he WILL have more. Yea sure.

Det: Ok.

Houdini

Registered
Reaction score
vikesfan said:
Holmgren is an overrated coach.

For an overrated coach, he hasn't done too bad. He's been to two Super Bowls, winning one of them. He's taken two different teams to the playoffs. And several of his past assistant coaches who learned under Holmgren have gone on to become successful head coaches like Gruden who took two different teams to the playoffs and winning a Super Bowl with the Bucs. Andy Reid who took the Eagles to 3 straight NFC championship games. Mike Sherman and Mooch who took their teams to the playoffs several times. Even Dick Jauron won one division title.

All of those coaches have praised Holmgren for the amount they learned while they were assistant coaches under him which enabled them to become successful head coaches elsewhere. They won using the Holmgren way. I tend to think they have some credibility when they say how much they learned from Holmgren. If he was overrated they wouldn't have learned anything from him, and there wouldn't be so many Holmgren copy cat coaches in the league.

It's amazing how many teams hire coaches off of Holmgren's staff. They must not think he's overrated like you do.

Last edited:

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
What about San Fran? everybody says their falling apart. Bad coach, starting QB and WR gone, and did they not also lose their starting CB, Plummer?

I hate to say it, but I bet the cowgirls will win the NFC East this year. I think Philly's last, best hope was 03'. Just a gut feeling.

Savage58

Defense, Defense, DEFENSE
Reaction score
Crimson Warrior said:
What about San Fran? everybody says their falling apart. Bad coach, starting QB and WR gone, and did they not also lose their starting CB, Plummer?

They lost Webster at CB, Plummer re-signed, now we get to light up Rumph, like everyone did in 2k3, haha.

Houdini said:
For an overrated coach, he hasn't done too bad. He's been to two Super Bowls, winning one of them. He's taken two different teams to the playoffs. And several of his past assistant coaches who learned under Holmgren have gone on to become successful head coaches like Gruden who took two different teams to the playoffs and winning a Super Bowl with the Bucs. Andy Reid who took the Eagles to 3 straight NFC championship games. Mike Sherman and Mooch who took their teams to the playoffs several times. Even Dick Jauron won one division title.

All of those coaches have praised Holmgren for the amount they learned while they were assistant coaches under him which enabled them to become successful head coaches elsewhere. They won using the Holmgren way. I tend to think they have some credibility when they say how much they learned from Holmgren. If he was overrated they wouldn't have learned anything from him, and there wouldn't be so many Holmgren copy cat coaches in the league.

It's amazing how many teams hire coaches off of Holmgren's staff. They must not think he's overrated like you do.

I couldn't agree more with you Houdini, Holmgren is almost as much a founding member of todays west coast offense as Walsh, Gruden, Mooch, Juron, Mornhinwig, Fritz Shurmer(RAR), Mike Sherman, the list goes on.

I'm guessing Vikesfan was just kidding around, as he's a viking fan I think? If not, just take a look at my new sig, it explains ALOT, haha.

jstadvl

R U gonna B My Girl
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
On the rise

three-Bengals, Lions and Cardinals.
Decline-Whiners, Bucs, Titans
P.S. Watch out for the Raiders