10 thoughts - Commanders game

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not mentioned is that Micheal Wilson has been a huge disappointment this year.

Yep saw him in college, he actually reminded me a bit of Frank Sanders except he was hurt often in college. he tends to body catch so he'll drop balls, Frank did too, but he's a big body guy that I thought if he could stay healthy could help us. I know the 40 time wasn't great but I didn't really consider him slow in college but he looks slow in the NFL.

TO be fair I think he's probably being asked to do more than he's capable of, he's not a #2 Wr

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep saw him in college, he actually reminded me a bit of Frank Sanders except he was hurt often in college. he tends to body catch so he'll drop balls, Frank did too, but he's a big body guy that I thought if he could stay healthy could help us. I know the 40 time wasn't great but I didn't really consider him slow in college but he looks slow in the NFL.

TO be fair I think he's probably being asked to do more than he's capable of, he's not a #2 Wr
if that last sentence is true, then he's a failure as a draft pick. A 3rd rounder in his second year should be able to be a solid #2 option.

OP
OP
Gandhi

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
So hoping to see him get some consistency

I'm pulling for him, but the like you said the old habits are creeping back

A big game from him this week against the Niners will help
Absolutely yes, I am pulling for him as well. It is the step back that bothers me. I thought he was making good progress last season, and his start to this season was even more promising. Of course you are right that the season is not lost yet, but he shouldn’t be that unstable. He shouldn’t regress like the last two games. Sure, all quarterbacks have bad games, but two in a row with the same mistakes as the rest of his career is highly worrying, in my mind.

Maybe it actually is Petzing’s gameplans that dictates how he plays. I mean, maybe the gameplan kind of control him in making better decisions, and thus, when Petzing fails, so does Murray or vice versa. What do you think, BCF?

OP
OP
Gandhi

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
To me the game was lost right before the half. We were down 7 and had a nice drive going with JC running well and a real nice completion to Wilson on the sideline. Fourth and one at the Washington 36 Yd line and we take a sack! Took us out of FG range and killed a promising drive. With little time left Washington was able to drive down the field for a FG. So 17-7 At the half rather then 14-10 or better. Wash scores on first drive of second half and game was over.
Yeah, I agree, PJ1. Also because I had no feeling that Washington would not score pretty much on every drive, right?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
To me the game was lost right before the half. We were down 7 and had a nice drive going with JC running well and a real nice completion to Wilson on the sideline. Fourth and one at the Washington 36 Yd line and we take a sack! Took us out of FG range and killed a promising drive. With little time left Washington was able to drive down the field for a FG. So 17-7 At the half rather then 14-10 or better. Wash scores on first drive of second half and game was over.
Yep. Just chucking it up would have been better.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe it actually is Petzing’s gameplans that dictates how he plays. I mean, maybe the gameplan kind of control him in making better decisions, and thus, when Petzing fails, so does Murray or vice versa. What do you think, BCF?
Petzings game plan is lacking for sure

When he designs the game plan and we come out looking good and scoring on the opening drive we are excited

But his lack of adjustments cost the team and have me scratching my head

So the poor calling of plays at the end of the games are on him

But, KM and DP needs to have audibles in place for KM to go to when he sees the defense

When there is a play and there are open receivers that are missed or poor throws, then that's all on KM

My belief has always been that KM needs to learn to read the defense better and learn to throw the receivers open

None of us know how much film time and studying he does

But when a QB has flaws he needs to work on them to be the very best he can be

I want the QB for the Cardinals, whoever it is, to do everything he can to succeed

I can tell you that DCs make a living on shutting down offensives and once they learn your tendencies and habits it spreads around the league

Then it's up to the DC and QB to adjust, which we aren't seeing

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake