11-12 playoffs

Joe L

The people's champ
Reaction score
Just good clean playoff basketball going right there...

That series was terrible. One of the ugliest series in recent memory, both by the teams and the officials. Guys are just killing eachother on plays, then 2 plays later they call touch fouls on the perimeter. And both teams played like garbage. The Grizz should have cruised but just kept folding late. The Clippers looked like trash for the majority of each game.

I hate the Spurs, and I do think they are vulnerable, but they are going to absolutely butcher the Clippers.

We've owned the Grizzlies for some seasons now. I knew we would beat them but I didn't think it would take 7 games. I had it at 6.

By the way, Clippers were the number one team in double digit comebacks this past season. So while you think the Grizz couldn't close out, it was the Clippers doing what they do best...Comeback and win games.

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
That series was terrible. One of the ugliest series in recent memory,

Are you kidding me? That was about as intense of a series as you'll ever see. The 24 point comeback in 8 minutes was classic. And game 7 featured a ton of great defensive basketball at key points in the game.

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
Van gundy was right though about griffin being a baby when he gets hit. Was nice to actually see griffin not cry about every little call.

Griffin has been a human punching bag this season. He tends to get more non-calls than anyone else on the court (but considering his free throw shooting that might be a good thing).

Joe L

The people's champ
Reaction score
Griffin has been a human punching bag this season. He tends to get more non-calls than anyone else on the court (but considering his free throw shooting that might be a good thing).

Also, Griffin is the player that has had the most flagrant fouls committed on him the last few season. LeBron is second with half of what Griffin has.

The reason why BG flops on some calls is because if he doesn't do that, he won't get the calls.

Blake is almost always fouled on allyoops but since he can finish, they don't call them which is bunk.

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Lebron James misses both free throws with a minute to go!

wow both teams missing freethrows at the end of this game.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Good work MVP! You really stepped up when your team needed you. You took the team, put them on your back and you carried them to victory. Oh wait... nevermind.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LeBron is such a joke. He doesn't even take responsibility for the loss afterward. "We didn't lose this game because of free throws". No **** dude... YOU lost the game because of free throws.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lebron James misses both free throws with a minute to go!

wow both teams missing freethrows at the end of this game.
There's nothing Lebron likes to do more in a basketball game than shoot late game free throws. :p

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
"We didn't lose this game because of free throws". No **** dude... YOU lost the game because of free throws.

Heh! I also liked how he kept passing the ball away in panic in that late possession, the one that ended up with Wade forcing a layup attempt on the left side.

OP
OP

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
LeBron never steps up, and who took the last couple of shots? mvp my ass.

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
LeBron is such a joke.

Really? C'mon cheese. Without LaBron Miami would have lost that game by 30 points. Where was the help? Finishing games may not be his biggest strength, but the dude does everything else consistently well. If I was starting a team I'd still take LaBron first over anyone else in the league right now.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really? C'mon cheese. Without LaBron Miami would have lost that game by 30 points. Look what happened to Cleveland after he left. Finishing games may not be his biggest strength, but the dude does everything else consistently well. If I was starting a team I'd still take LaBron first over anyone else in the league right now.

I've just never seen the NBA's biggest superstar be so damn mentally weak.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Seriously, would Jordan have shied away from the ball like that in crunch time? Bryant? Durant? Bird, Magic, Isiah? Any of them? And yet James does it over and over and over and over again. You could even hear the hometown crowd starting to murmur.

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score

Last night's game says more about the importance of the Bosh than anything else. James and Wade aren't going to win in the playoffs by themselves. Just having two superstars aren't enough, you need a side dish like Harden, Ginobli, or Bosh to go with the main course. The Heatles are playing without their George Harrison.

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
Seriously, would Jordan have shied away from the ball like that in crunch time? Bryant? Durant? Bird, Magic, Isiah? Any of them? And yet James does it over and over and over and over again. You could even hear the hometown crowd starting to murmur.

Creating a shot in open space is not his strength like those you list, so why do you expect anything different? Chalmers had a good look at the basket, it just didn't go in.

Last edited:
OP
OP

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Creating a shot in open space is not his strength like those you list, so why do you expect anything different? Chalmers had a good look at the basket, it just didn't go in.

oh please, he's considered by many to be the world's best player right now. he's supposedly able to take guys off the dribble, penetrate, back guys down on the block, etc, we've seen him do all that. but when the game is on the line, the guys wishes to defer and never be the one to put the game in his hands.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It is pretty unique. I can't remember ever seeing this before. I guess you could point to someone like Wilt who was heads and shoulders above every other player but just couldn't make a free throw but even that's not really the same thing. I agree with Rivercard though, if I were building a team I'd take Lebron first. He's very mediocre inside the final minute but he's the most dominant player in the game the rest of the time.

Steve

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
He's very mediocre inside the final minute but he's the most dominant player in the game the rest of the time.
And therein lies the difference between an MVP during the regular season and a superstar who doesn't lead his team to championships.

Fans didn't have to alibi about Magic and Bird and Jordan.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As fun as it is to watch the Lakers get blown out, this may have been even sweeter. What a gag job.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As fun as it is to watch the Lakers get blown out, this may have been even sweeter. What a gag job.

seriously... that was an EPIC CHOKE JOB and even better was it was Kobe leading the way, turning the ball over multiple times at the end and taking just awful shots instead of getting it to Pau/Bynum who were actually playing decent ball... if they ever got it. 9-25? just a series of terrible fadeaways, jacked up threes? That was great.

I mean, the Lakers dominated this game, mucked it up just like they wanted to, the Thunder scored 28 points in the entire second half... and still won. Just awesome.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05