11-12 playoffs

Michael

The buzz is back!
Reaction score
I'm guessing you mean this story:

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/...s-angeles-lakers-wife-receive-threats-twitter

It's just freaking horrific. The Niners did the same thing to that WR who bobbled two punts.

Steve Blake also got this treatment in the regular season for some random game..it was horrid.

Some people are just animals...not based on being fans of anything...just some people.

Yes, that's the one. Not sure how I managed to copy the wrong URL. Thanks.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Even more disturbing news. It turns out the majority of those tweets came from Kobe Bryant's twitter account. Scary stuff.

OP
OP

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You can guarantee the refs will be handing Game 4 to the Heat. D Whistle will likely set a record for free throw attempts.

This is what I told my wife before game2 of the lakers-thunders game. Said they'll try to keep it close. Game 4 of pacers-heat will be close all the way, with calls in the first half favoring the heat.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Might be wrong about the NBA not trying to gift games and extend series. This Laker-Thunder game has less credibility than a WWE match.

Wow, even as I'm posting this they call another complete BS foul on OKC.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
WOW!!! not even seconds later, OKC get wrecked under the hoop, then tripped going for the rebound, Artest then knees Westbrook on the ground...

JUMP BALL!

Great call boys, great call.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
BAHAHAHHAAHAHHAHA!!! Foul on Harden? REALLY? Thats a 3rd foul? Was the AIR he was breathing affecting someone?

OP
OP

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wow nba cares, bout its superstars. Gives kobe and the lakers two free throws with 3:20ish to go.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a pathetic officiating display. NBA just needs to call the game now and award it to the Fakers

OP
OP

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Holy crap, 36 f/t attempts for the lakers???

OP
OP

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oh please nba. Quit over emphasizing how "great" kobe is. Those type of hand checks and "fouls" happen on 90% of shots taken league wide.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Good lord... the only way this could be more in the bag for the Lakers is if they were taking out refs with folding chairs.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just attempting to guard Kobe was a foul tonight.

OP
OP

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wow, 41.4% of the lakers' points came from free throws. Think about that for a minute...

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OKC left Fisher in wayyyy too long at the beginning of the fourth. dude's pretty useless out there. Also, didn't understand why OKC stopped going to Harden taking it the hoop where he was murdering LA.

bad loss for OKC giving the Lakers hope. hoping LA's just gassed tomorrow and the youngins just run 'em out of the gym, but I think this sucker's going back to OKC 2-2.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lazy Lakers Lucky Not To Lose. Seriously lazy effing team...they half ass it more than any team on the planet.

And yes, Kendrick Perkins sets the best illegal screens in the league...oh, wait, the announcers didn't mention the illegal part?? Shocker.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OKC left Fisher in wayyyy too long at the beginning of the fourth. dude's pretty useless out there.

Yep, for sure. Doubly so with him guarding Kobe. Not a good choice, there. But anytime Fish is shooting layups for the other team, I'm happy. Might be the only player in history with a better % from three than from 3 feet.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Kobe Bryant's game is starting to resemble Jared Dudley's. He can't get by anyone. Imagine how good the Suns would be if Dudley got all of those ridiculous calls.

Michael

The buzz is back!
Reaction score
ESPN's Daily Dime column lists Bryant as "the NBA's best closer". It's bizarre how people tend to remember the few shots he makes and forgets about all those ridiculously forced misses.
The choke job of game 2 is forgotten, and the turnover and late-game misses that nearly cost LA today's game is nothing worth mentioning?
And yes, those free throws were insane. I haven't watched more than ten NBA games all season and mostly turn on in the 4th quarter of close games, only.... and now I have been reminded why. In addition, the acting is getting worse than in soccer! Speaking of which: Roll on, Euro 2012! There will be controversial decisions, but at least there won't be blatant favouritism of "superstars".

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The "closer" in that game was Joe Crawford. I hope he and his officiating crew are proud of their efforts, only 3 more wins by them and they take the series. The Lakers however are still searching for a win.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05