11-12 playoffs

OP
OP

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That was awesome by Kobe last night, his pass to Durant and his bumble out of bounds.

But I guess that's why Lebron avoids those types of situations. Lol

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
OK City is very fortunate to escape with the the win. I though Durant and Westbrook played very timid, or should I say very Lebron like most of the game. They would repeatedly start to penetrate into the lane, but instead of going to the rack, they would kick it out for a missed jumper. Lakers' defense bla bla bla. Those guys can get to the rim if they assert themselves but they played timid most of the game.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Not sure who said this last night, but it's really true:
"Based on the last 2 nights, the answer to Kobe vs. LeBron? is "none of the above."

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure who said this last night, but it's really true:
"Based on the last 2 nights, the answer to Kobe vs. LeBron? is "none of the above."

yup... seems like it's becoming Durant's league right now. Between his buzzer beater in Game 1 v. Dallas and his steal/dunk/game winner against the Lakers, he's been the story in the playoffs.

what I think is really weird is that when people ask who's the player of this era, Kobe or LeBron, how the hell is Duncan not even MENTIONED? If he wins this year, it'll be his 5th title, he's got three MVPs and he's never had anything like a Kobe/Shaq/Wade to play next to him, and that team has been rebuilt around him multiple times and for the most part, they've always contended.

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
what I think is really weird is that when people ask who's the player of this era, Kobe or LeBron, how the hell is Duncan not even MENTIONED?

I was thinking the same thing! Very unflashy player in a small market not located on the east coast is all I can figure.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
yup... seems like it's becoming Durant's league right now. Between his buzzer beater in Game 1 v. Dallas and his steal/dunk/game winner against the Lakers, he's been the story in the playoffs.

what I think is really weird is that when people ask who's the player of this era, Kobe or LeBron, how the hell is Duncan not even MENTIONED? If he wins this year, it'll be his 5th title, he's got three MVPs and he's never had anything like a Kobe/Shaq/Wade to play next to him, and that team has been rebuilt around him multiple times and for the most part, they've always contended.

During the post-Jordan years the best player has been either Duncan or Shaq, I dont think anyone else is really close. When people as the question it seems like the answers gravitate towards guards or wing players but I think we've all seen that big men have the biggest impact.

Infact, Jordan is the only player to win titles without an all-star big man since... I dont even know when.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Continuing to prove he should have been MVP.

Because he's boring, man. Timmy fundamentals. He's never been a high scorer...he plays a fantastic team game though. Parker and Ginobli have been pretty constant for him, which is why they have been so consistent so long. That trio has been solid - but what's more important is Coach Pop is so solid, and their system is great - amazing drafting, especially late rounds, solid system, great coaching. All of the above, and again, his game is boring means he flies under the radar.

Super skilled. Incredibly yawn-inducing for the average fan.

You'd like this article, I'm guessing:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ould-make-tim-duncan-greater-than-kobe-bryant

Joe L

The people's champ
Reaction score
It is pretty unique. I can't remember ever seeing this before. I guess you could point to someone like Wilt who was heads and shoulders above every other player but just couldn't make a free throw but even that's not really the same thing. I agree with Rivercard though, if I were building a team I'd take Lebron first. He's very mediocre inside the final minute but he's the most dominant player in the game the rest of the time.

Steve

During the pregame show, they had a stat about the most clutch ( shooting %) amongst Jordan, Kobe, and LBJ in playoffs.

Jordan was at 50%

LBJ was at 40%

Kobe was at 27 % (almost positive)

*the commentator emphasized that Kobe was way behind.

Granted, LBJ shrinks in the 4th qtr unlike the other guys.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
During the post-Jordan years the best player has been either Duncan or Shaq, I dont think anyone else is really close. When people as the question it seems like the answers gravitate towards guards or wing players but I think we've all seen that big men have the biggest impact.

Infact, Jordan is the only player to win titles without an all-star big man since... I dont even know when.

The Bad Boy Pistons, unless you count Laimbeer.

Last edited:

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Pacers with a 14 point lead.
LBJ throwing elbows
Wade getting into it with the head coach..:grabs:

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
This series is far from over but..LOL @ Chris Broussard for snickering at the Pacers winning more than 1 game in this series.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
During the pregame show, they had a stat about the most clutch ( shooting %) amongst Jordan, Kobe, and LBJ in playoffs.

Jordan was at 50%

LBJ was at 40%

Kobe was at 27 % (almost positive)

*the commentator emphasized that Kobe was way behind.

Granted, LBJ shrinks in the 4th qtr unlike the other guys.

LBJ is probably only that high because he doesn't shoot all that much in those situations.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i'm sorry, but if LeBron gets demolished in the second round, it's just gonna be another blight on his resume.

and Spoelstra is as good as gonzo.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You can guarantee the refs will be handing Game 4 to the Heat. D Whistle will likely set a record for free throw attempts.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
(I love using that pic for Heat losses because Picard wears Heat colors)

Gee must be sad.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm guessing you mean this story:

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/...s-angeles-lakers-wife-receive-threats-twitter

It's just freaking horrific. The Niners did the same thing to that WR who bobbled two punts.

Steve Blake also got this treatment in the regular season for some random game..it was horrid.

Some people are just animals...not based on being fans of anything...just some people.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You can guarantee the refs will be handing Game 4 to the Heat. D Whistle will likely set a record for free throw attempts.

They way the Heat are playing I am not sure if the refs could even hand them a game. I also think the league has gotten more cautious about their pseudo rigging of playoff games... but I might be giving them too much credit.

If a game like Lakers-Kings game 6 from 2002 (I think, might be off by a year) happened today there would probably be congressional hearings afterwards.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05