11-12 playoffs

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
bingo. If I was either one of those big men I would want to get the hell out of LA. The Lakers lose because they stop going inside to these guys. They are only where they are because these guys are dominating the boards and scoring inside, and then the superstar points at them every time the team loses.

i'd be surprised if we don't hear grumblings this summer of Bynum pushing for a trade. He's already checked out of the team multiple times during games and you know he wants the ball more on offense and just isn't going to get it until kobe's long gone.

they'll probably try to trade Gasol, but I don't know what you can realistically get for him at this point. i kinda think he'd be a perfect fit in chicago where he and Rose could play the two-man game to perfection once Rose is healthy, but what are they gonna give up to get him? Boozer and something else? Is that what the Lakers want? Another "big" man who shrinks in the playoffs?

OP
OP

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
im sick of this kobe is great BS. if its a fantastic move by kobe, it usually means stepping with the pivot foot then jumping with the other foot. the guy travels a lot of the time, either with his footwork during shots, or "hanging" then passing - his feet are usually down when he passes. the left hand bank shot that reggie miller is in love with is a BS move, is an obvious travel.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
im sick of this kobe is great BS. if its a fantastic move by kobe, it usually means stepping with the pivot foot then jumping with the other foot. the guy travels a lot of the time, either with his footwork during shots, or "hanging" then passing - his feet are usually down when he passes. the left hand bank shot that reggie miller is in love with is a BS move, is an obvious travel.

Uhm, no. You are completely incorrect.

OP
OP

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gotta love Charles. Keeping it real. Calling out Kobe for throwing gasol under the bus and also trying to bring up the officiating.

OP
OP

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
kobe busted for a move he does all the time...

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You need to learn what travelling is and is not, 95. You obviously haven't a clue.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not surprised at this...pretty much the way their season has gone anyway. Up and down, never consistent and never confidence inducing. Oh well. Better to start fishing later than most of the league.

I still have Miami losses and Boston losses to look forward to, so my interest isn't done yet.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How sweet, the Lakers go down to the Thunder to end the series. Now if only the Heat would go down as well.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's probably because he learned from Kevin Garnett who the Sixers would argue is the biggest illegal screen offender in the league. But seriously if you watch just about every player in the league settings screens they are moving and/or throwing out their elbows/hips 75% of the time. Most of the time they are still moving because the ball handler doesn't have the patience to let them get set. I've been watching the Phoenix Suns get away with this on just about every offensive possession for the last five or six years. It just doesn't get called unless the defender exaggerates the contact.

Ok, it was hilarious that the screen that they DID call on him this game was probably the closest to a legal screen he has set this year, only he initiated contact on it a little hard. But he was vertical, feet set and no hand contact. And they whistled it. I literally laughed out loud, especially with one of his "screens" earlier where he looked like an offensive lineman in pass protection. Ahh, NBA refs...sometimes they seem like they daydream half the game.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And props to Pau for showing up in this game...he played his ass off.

Bynum...uhm...not so much.

OP
OP

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And props to Pau for showing up in this game...he played his ass off.

Bynum...uhm...not so much.

early foul trouble for bynum, he never really got in the game. 1 call was iffy at best.

kobe should have had 3 fouls early on, but refs were daydreaming again

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
early foul trouble for bynum, he never really got in the game. 1 call was iffy at best.

kobe should have had 3 fouls early on, but refs were daydreaming again

Agreed. Hill took the bullet for Kobe on that one.

Even when in the game though, Bynum wasn't engaged. Foul trouble made him timid on defense, and his offense was weak.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
One thing I do like about the Kobe-Era Lakers... their predictability when they're facing elimination! I took the adjusted spread of OKC by 13 1/2 tonight, and those boys in purple didnt fail me. I was nervous for a bit there but when I saw Bynum had untucked his jersey with 4 minutes to go I knew it was in the bank.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One thing I do like about the Kobe-Era Lakers... their predictability when they're facing elimination! I took the adjusted spread of OKC by 13 1/2 tonight, and those boys in purple didnt fail me. I was nervous for a bit there but when I saw Bynum had untucked his jersey with 4 minutes to go I knew it was in the bank.

LOL.

Bynum checked out. He knew that elimination games are actually easy. 4 rebounds. get it big man! :D

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Lakers could have used a mentally checked in Odom in this series.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ronnie was on his meds for that postgame locker room interview. Pretty classy. What a fracking enigma that dude is.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This game was decided in the first two minutes of the fourth quarter. Brilliant move by Brooks to keep Durant, Westbrook, and Harden on the floor while Kobe rested. By the time Brown got Kobe back in the game, it was over.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I almost had to mute the TV when Reggie Miller was complaining about that flagrant foul on Ron Artest. First of all, that absolutely was a flagrant. It doesn't matter if it's a clean block with the right hand when you give him a shove with the left. I mean Sefalosha was totally defenseless going full speed for the layup and got shoved by a guy built like the Incredible Hulk. If he had broken some bones would Reggie Miller have agreed that was more than just a hard playoff foul? Regardless, how can you complain about Ron Artest getting called for a flagrant so unless it's just not even close? That's like complaining about your 10th DUI because you were just barely over the legal limit the last time.

This should be a great Western Conference finals. I'm really hoping it lives up to my expectations.

Joe

Last edited:

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You need to learn what travelling is and is not, 95. You obviously haven't a clue.

I understand why you would be confused about the rules of basketball, being a Laker Fan and all.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I understand why you would be confused about the rules of basketball, being a Laker Fan and all.

No Jon, let's not be ridiculous. I know you are a sunsfan and that myopia regarding Kobe and the Lakers sucking kind of comes with the territory, but the guy is flat out wrong. Kobe carries like a mother, but his footwork is stellar. Many times I rewind to look at his footwork thinking he traveled, but realize that he didn't. Like all players, he gets away with a travel here and there, but most of the time, he simply uses his feet incredibly well. He is a foul machine with his arms, and he carries. I have no qualms if the guy was going to P&M about that, but the footwork complaint is a non-starter.

(and BTW, that excludes the sliding of the pivot foot which everyone in the NBA does and the refs apparently will never call...but that wasn't what the OP was complaining about)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05