11-12 playoffs

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but that's just wrong. The guy's past shouldn't factor into it, and would be offensive player is going full speed and has left his feet and you clearly give him a push from behind imo the only question is whether it's a flagrant one or two. It's incredibly dangerous. I mean that's a lot more dangerous than what Haslem did to Hansbrough last night.

Ron made a play on the ball, a very good play on the ball, so good that not only do I not think it should have been a flagrant but I question if it was even a FOUL at all.

He clearly gets all ball on the initial contact, there is no intent or follow through (which rules out any idea of a flagrant 2). Giving him a flagrant there was a terrible terrible call.

And yes, I think it was absolutely a call based on Ron's reputation. And YES, I have absolutely ZERO problem with that. The guy is scum and shouldnt be allowed to play. I wouldnt care if he got tossed from each game just for looking at someone wrong.

OP
OP

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ron made a play on the ball, a very good play on the ball, so good that not only do I not think it should have been a flagrant but I question if it was even a FOUL at all.

He clearly gets all ball on the initial contact, there is no intent or follow through (which rules out any idea of a flagrant 2). Giving him a flagrant there was a terrible terrible call.

And yes, I think it was absolutely a call based on Ron's reputation. And YES, I have absolutely ZERO problem with that. The guy is scum and shouldnt be allowed to play. I wouldnt care if he got tossed from each game just for looking at someone wrong.

its just what he did with his left arm and his reputation as well. he did just enough to have it looked at as a flagrant.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
It shouldn't have been a flagrant, but then again he should have been suspended through the entire postseason in the first place, so he didn't deserve to be on the floor at all. The Lakers were playing with house money in the Thunder series so far as Artest's availability was concerned.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the brutal shot Pittman delivered PLUS the wink should give him a sizable suspension. can there be any doubt that he absolutely threw an elbow to the face of an opposing player? that can't be condoned by the NBA.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Pittman gets 3 games, Haslem 1, Psycho T 0.

I think Pittman should have gotten much more, Haslem should have had his upgraded to a F-2 with no suspension. How Pittman didnt get tossed from the game the instant he dished out his hit is absolutely insane.

And if Haslem is getting a suspension then so should Psycho T. Hansbrough's foul didnt look as bad in real time but on the replay you can see a very deliberate face rake. Who does that? Scratch at a guys eyes on your foul follow through?

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
the brutal shot Pittman delivered PLUS the wink should give him a sizable suspension. can there be any doubt that he absolutely threw an elbow to the face of an opposing player? that can't be condoned by the NBA.

Agreed. From the article I read, it looks like he is just suspended for game 6. If that is the case, all I can say is Wow, what a bunch of crap.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed. From the article I read, it looks like he is just suspended for game 6. If that is the case, all I can say is Wow, what a bunch of crap.

nope. apparently he got three games, which seems about right. no Haslem tonight either. makes me think with such a shortage of big men, Indy takes that series to 7, where they likely get blown out, but probably gives Bosh another five days or so to recover from his injury.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
I think Pittman probably should have gotten more

I don't think you can split the punishment between hansbrough & haslem .... pretty much the same type of play by the same type of player

OP
OP

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Pittman gets 3 games, Haslem 1, Psycho T 0.

I think Pittman should have gotten much more, Haslem should have had his upgraded to a F-2 with no suspension. How Pittman didnt get tossed from the game the instant he dished out his hit is absolutely insane.

And if Haslem is getting a suspension then so should Psycho T. Hansbrough's foul didnt look as bad in real time but on the replay you can see a very deliberate face rake. Who does that? Scratch at a guys eyes on your foul follow through?

Kobe??? He wound up knowing that his man was going to jump and put the ball through the hoop. And he followed through too. That situation was worse than the Hansbrough play. How did the league address Kobe on that situation?

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL. There was no difference in the Psycho T and Kobe play - incredibly similar. And how did the league react to both? THE SAME WAY. They were the same damn play. Not an uncommon one, either.

And complaining about the face rake? Really? That happened in a fraction of a second, he doesn't have the time to think "scratch face." It isn't very hard to rake someone's face on a follow through, jeez louise. You guys keep getting caught up in "on replay you see..." as if the replay is happening at that speed. Normal eye pokes look wicked in slow mo. An actual punch looks ferocious in slow mo.

And trying to compare EITHER with what Haslem did? Good lord. Not even the same area code.

OP
OP

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
LOL. There was no difference in the Psycho T and Kobe play - incredibly similar. And how did the league react to both? THE SAME WAY. They were the same damn play. Not an uncommon one, either.

And complaining about the face rake? Really? That happened in a fraction of a second, he doesn't have the time to think "scratch face." It isn't very hard to rake someone's face on a follow through, jeez louise. You guys keep getting caught up in "on replay you see..." as if the replay is happening at that speed. Normal eye pokes look wicked in slow mo. An actual punch looks ferocious in slow mo.

And trying to compare EITHER with what Haslem did? Good lord. Not even the same area code.

exactly

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score

I honestly don't understand how people can see it any other way. Of course I can't believe anybody argues that the Ron Artest foul was not a flagrant. Do I think the referees would call it a flagrant against everybody? No, probably not, but they should. Makes me wonder if the people arguing against it have actually seen the video. I know. Let it go Joe.

OP
OP

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
really boston and philly? score is in the 40's halfway through the 3rd...

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Of course I can't believe anybody argues that the Ron Artest foul was not a flagrant. Do I think the referees would call it a flagrant against everybody? No, probably not, but they should.

I could have seen that one called either way. The shove makes it a flagrant, but if it were anyone else they might not have called it flagrant. However, being remotely borderline and Artest, it's an easy call for flagrant. I have no problems with it, and I wouldn't have had a problem with it if it were someone else either...the back hand extended.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I dont see how you guys can think the face rake was not completely intentional. You dont "accidentally" claw at a guy's face like a jr high girl in a fight, then exchange a low five afterwards.

OP
OP

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
about time they called Wade for carrying the ball, guy does that more than anyone in the league.

OP
OP

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Looks like the refs are trying to keep the spurs in the third quarter

OP
OP

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Can we get better commentators for the next game?

Kerr and Miller Judd ain't cutting it