11-12 playoffs

OP
OP

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I almost had to mute the TV when Reggie Miller was complaining about that flagrant foul on Ron Artest. First of all, that absolutely was a flagrant. It doesn't matter if it's a clean block with the right hand when you give him a shove with the left. I mean Sefalosha was totally defenseless going full speed for the layup and got shoved by a guy built like the Incredible Hulk. If he had broken some bones would Reggie Miller have agreed that was more than just a hard playoff foul? Regardless, how can you complain about Ron Artest getting called for a flagrant so unless it's just not even close? That's like complaining about your 10th DUI because you were just barely over the legal limit the last time.

This should be a great Western Conference finals. I'm really hoping it lives up to my expectations.

Joe

Yeah Reggie was annoying the whole game. He's in love with the lakers and Kobe.

OP
OP

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This game was decided in the first two minutes of the fourth quarter. Brilliant move by Brooks to keep Durant, Westbrook, and Harden on the floor while Kobe rested. By the time Brown got Kobe back in the game, it was over.

it was a stupid move by the lakers too. this was a do or die game, and kobe should have been in there. would have increased their chances.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
No Jon, let's not be ridiculous. I know you are a sunsfan and that myopia regarding Kobe and the Lakers sucking kind of comes with the territory, but the guy is flat out wrong. Kobe carries like a mother, but his footwork is stellar. Many times I rewind to look at his footwork thinking he traveled, but realize that he didn't. Like all players, he gets away with a travel here and there, but most of the time, he simply uses his feet incredibly well. He is a foul machine with his arms, and he carries. I have no qualms if the guy was going to P&M about that, but the footwork complaint is a non-starter.

(and BTW, that excludes the sliding of the pivot foot which everyone in the NBA does and the refs apparently will never call...but that wasn't what the OP was complaining about)

I agree. He carries the ball all the time, he's dangerous with that left elbow as well, but he really doesn't travel as much as some people seem to think. LeBron James on the other hand...

Joe Mama

OP
OP

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
wow! straight up wow...

the foul by hansborough on wade wasn't a flagrant. he got ball and his face in one swipe, its not like he only aimed for wades face. wade is made of glass, he got a cut or something, guy is a puss.

then back on the other end, haslem nails hansborough with obvious intent and no attempt on the ball. he gets the same punishment, a flagrant 1.

Last edited:

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
wow! straight up wow...

the foul by hansborough on wade wasn't a flagrant. he got ball and his face in one swipe, its not like he only aimed for wades face. wade is made of glass, he got a cut or something, guy is a puss.

then back on the other end, haslem nails hansborough with obvious intent and no attempt on the ball. he gets the same punishment, a flagrant 1.

agreed. Hansbrough did get wade pretty good across the face on the follow-through, but I can't believe Steve Kerr even mentioned a flagrant 2 on the foul that Hansbrough committed. I thought that was a really borderline flagrant 1. I think when the Indiana coaches see the replay of the Haslam foul at the other end they are really going to give the referees an earful. Haslam should be out of the game without question. That was an obvious flagrant 2. I think the referees were afraid of getting hit by debris from the crowd.

I thought the "questionable" flagrant on Ron Artest last night was a possible flagrant 2 because it's just a dangerous play.

Joe

OP
OP

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
last nights flagrant on MWP was a flagrant 1. he did just enough to warrant it with his left arm.

as bad as the call are tonight, pacers are still somewhat in the game at halftime.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wow! straight up wow...

the foul by hansborough on wade wasn't a flagrant. he got ball and his face in one swipe, its not like he only aimed for wades face.

But wait...Kobe had just about the same EXACT foul against the Nuggets, ball first and head on follow-through and you said "cheapshot artist Kobe at it again." Phraz joined in yapping about the studio guys thinking Kobe should have been ejected. You can't have it both ways, man. It's a weak ass flagrant in both situations. Against the rules, but really nothing crazy.

Now THAT is a cheapshot flagrant 2 and worthy of ejection. It is reprehensible that the refs didn't man up on that one. Haslem should have been ejected immediately. No play on the ball at all, two forearms to the face, and THAT is a flagrant 1? No way, refs.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ouch...granger out and that run means Game 6 is going to be an elimination game for the Pacers.

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wow, the Heat's Pittman (?) with an elbow to the throat of Stephenson as he was coming down the lane, in apparent retaliation for his choking taunts a few games ago. That looked as bad as Ron Artest's elbow on Harden. A 6 game suspension would be appropriate, but too bad he is just a scrub as the Pacers need a lot of help.

OP
OP

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
But wait...Kobe had just about the same EXACT foul against the Nuggets, ball first and head on follow-through and you said "cheapshot artist Kobe at it again." Phraz joined in yapping about the studio guys thinking Kobe should have been ejected. You can't have it both ways, man. It's a weak ass flagrant in both situations. Against the rules, but really nothing crazy.

Now THAT is a cheapshot flagrant 2 and worthy of ejection. It is reprehensible that the refs didn't man up on that one. Haslem should have been ejected immediately. No play on the ball at all, two forearms to the face, and THAT is a flagrant 1? No way, refs.

Of course Kobe is a cheap shot artist. His reputation speaks for itself. Hell, even people go through the trouble of puttin together YouTube vids on his cheap shots alone. Same goes for other player's rep, they have it for a reason...MWP for example, bowens antics, and on and on throughout the league.

Hansbrough's was lesser than Kobe's imo.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Wow, the Heat's Pittman (?) with an elbow to the throat of Stephenson as he was coming down the lane, in apparent retaliation for his choking taunts a few games ago. That looked as bad as Ron Artest's elbow on Harden. A 6 game suspension would be appropriate, but too bad he is just a scrub as the Pacers need a lot of help.

Pittman will get suspended, but honestly it won't matter. The Pacers might be without Granger in Game 6, at most a non-healthy Granger. The Heat will take that trade off every time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I actually didnt think Artest's flagrant last night was legit. It was a call based on Ron's reputation and granted its well earned, but most guys dont get that foul. I'd think the league will rescind it, unless they dont bother when the team is eliminated.

Not that I care... because they psychopath shouldnt be allowed to play, but it was a bad call.

Last edited:

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Haslem and Pittman should both be suspended for game 6. Pittman's was even worse, what a dangerous and punk play.

OP
OP

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
heat are douches, imo lebron put himself near enough to granger knowing that something bad could happen. watch the play again where granger got injured. he goes up for his shot, and lebron goes right next to him knowing his foot is almost right under granger. idk if some of you heard/read the heats comments regarding their issues with granger.

i didn't see the pittman "foul", but from the sound of it, sounds like more punk BS from the heat.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Haslem and Pittman should both be suspended for game 6. Pittman's was even worse, what a dangerous and punk play.

I watched it and I don't think Haslem should get suspended nor will he. Pittman most certainly will get a multi-game suspension. The NBA is not going to neuter the Heat by taking out two players when it already has Bosh out. Just not going to happen. I've seen worse fouls get overlooked, too.

IMO, Pittman took the league's attention off Haslem by committing that foul in the end. Gives the commish a barometer to follow for determining punishment.

At worst, Haslem will get a fine.

OP
OP

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I watched it and I don't think Haslem should get suspended nor will he. Pittman most certainly will get a multi-game suspension. The NBA is not going to neuter the Heat by taking out two players when it already has Bosh out. Just not going to happen. I've seen worse fouls get overlooked, too.

IMO, Pittman took the league's attention off Haslem by committing that foul in the end. Gives the commish a barometer to follow for determining punishment.

hmmm, thats an interesting take on the heat's situation. makes you wonder don't it? about the heat's intentions.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah, Pittman will get at least 2 games. He is lucky he didnt catch Stephensen in the head (and I think he was trying to) or he would be staring at a 7+ game suspension.

OP
OP

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
After reading a seeing some video, he'll be suspended for sure. He even winks too. No place for a play like that in the nba.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kobe has to be the worst Superstar teammate in the history of the NBA. Seriously, can someone name another Superstar who has thrown more teammates under the bus over his tenure in the NBA??

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
heat are douches, imo lebron put himself near enough to granger knowing that something bad could happen. watch the play again where granger got injured. he goes up for his shot, and lebron goes right next to him knowing his foot is almost right under granger. idk if some of you heard/read the heats comments regarding their issues with granger.

i didn't see the pittman "foul", but from the sound of it, sounds like more punk BS from the heat.

yeah I don't think LeBron meant to injure him but what he did is really dangerous he even slightly turned making it more likely his foot would end up where Granger was coming down.

When guys are in the air you should not be putting your body in the landing path.

Dangerous play, no intent to injure but it probably guarantees the outcome of this series.

I do think all the cheap shots are taking their toll though, look at Collison's missed layup last night you could see he was expecting someone to hit him in the head and was so surprised it didn't happen he missed the shot.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I actually didnt think Artest's flagrant last night was legit. It was a call based on Ron's reputation and granted its well earned, but most guys dont get that foul. I'd think the league will rescind it, unless they dont bother when the team is eliminated.

Not that I care... because they psychopath shouldnt be allowed to play, but it was a bad call.

I'm sorry, but that's just wrong. The guy's past shouldn't factor into it, and would be offensive player is going full speed and has left his feet and you clearly give him a push from behind imo the only question is whether it's a flagrant one or two. It's incredibly dangerous. I mean that's a lot more dangerous than what Haslem did to Hansbrough last night.

I think Haslem will only get a fine, but he should be suspended for a game. It's not the league's fault that the Miami Heat frontcourt is terrible outside of their injured All-Star power forward. It seems pretty clear that thought Heat made a decision to go send a message to the Pacers. The problem is that they did it so obviously leaving no argument that they were not just hard fouls. If not for the cowardly referees they would have been without Haslem most of that game. who really knows how that might have affected the outcome of the game. I thought Hansbrough and the rest of the Pacers made a big mistake by not escalating situation by immediately going after Haslem. If Hansbrough had laid on the court a little longer and his teammates had immediately gone after Haslem the officials would have been much more likely to call that a flagrant 2.

Things are looking pretty bleak for Indiana right now. Any word on when Chris bosh will be returning?

Joe

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05