12-13 playoffs

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Duncan vs. Lebron. You can see it coming from a mile away.

I hope Timmy goes out on top.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Duncan vs. Lebron. You can see it coming from a mile away.

I hope Timmy goes out on top.

I don't like the Spurs' chances against Miami. Not only do they have the big three, but their supporting cast is pretty darn good too. Healthy OKC would be a threat, but I just don'tthink San Antonio has enough firepower.

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder how long before Perkins or Ibaka levels Beverly, you can almost guarantee it will happen the way the NBA works.

Beverly played hard, nothing dirty about his play. That was just a freak accident. Kind of ironic because i think he is doing some of what has Garnered Westbrook a reputation as a tough/get under your skin defender around the league.

Michael

The buzz is back!
Reaction score
Wow, the refs are trying very hard to give Brooklyn the win. All 50/50 calls go in the Nets favour and I'm not even talking about the blatantly obvious foul by JJ on Noah's potential game winner.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was a great game. One of the all-time classics. Nate Robinson. Wow!

Michael

The buzz is back!
Reaction score
That was a great game. One of the all-time classics. Nate Robinson. Wow!

23 points in the 4th! He came within one point of the Bulls franchise record held by a certain... oh you know whom.

OP
OP

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
shumpert is playing some D today. havent watched much of the playoffs, so idk if he's been D'ing up for a while now

OP
OP

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
howard will be the most overpaid player next year. he couldn't even will his team to win and he couldnt even keep himself in a win or go home scenario. celtics proved they have heart today.

Michael

The buzz is back!
Reaction score
What a season for the Lakers! Getting Nash & Howard, talking of achieving 70 wins, reaching the postseason only thanks to the referees and being on the wrong end of one of the most lopsided playoff series in recent memory. If Howard leaves, this franchise could be in trouble (at least for one season, they are the Lakers, after all, and will find the resources to contend again). Does Phoenix get the Lakers pick next year?

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
What a season for the Lakers! Getting Nash & Howard, talking of achieving 70 wins, reaching the postseason only thanks to the referees and being on the wrong end of one of the most lopsided playoff series in recent memory. If Howard leaves, this franchise could be in trouble (at least for one season, they are the Lakers, after all, and will find the resources to contend again). Does Phoenix get the Lakers pick next year?

No, can't trade consecutive first-round picks. Suns have 2013 and 2015 first-round picks from the Lakers.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Beverly played hard, nothing dirty about his play. That was just a freak accident. Kind of ironic because i think he is doing some of what has Garnered Westbrook a reputation as a tough/get under your skin defender around the league.

he tried to cut under Westbrook as he was calling timeout to steal the ball. That happens all the time but generally guys that do it know what they're doing, if the guy with the ball falls asleep they go for it, but generally you just are there to show you're playing hard. Instead he came ducking in, collided with Westbrook and as RW tried to spin away to protect himself he wrenched his knee.

I'm not saying Beverly tried to injure him, but it was completely unncecessary, not a "basketball move" and I still say he's going to get levelled for it during the series. I think the reason it bothered me was where and how he did it. If you watch the replay even if Beverley had gotten the ball, he'd have been out of bounds, he collided with Westbrook literally inches from the sideline and his momentum took him well out of bounds. So it wasn't a "Basketball play" it was just what we used to call false hustle. And it injured a player.

If you watched Durant was woofing at him all game yesterday. he's a tough player but he's reckless, if he continues to play like that Westbrook won't be the only guy he injures.

Last edited:

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Tom Thibodeau is hands down the best coach in the NBA. If Chicago was ever dumb enough to fire him, the Suns better be all over that.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tom Thibodeau is hands down the best coach in the NBA. If Chicago was ever dumb enough to fire him, the Suns better be all over that.

yup. to do what he's done with that team is incredible.

question for Mulli if he's reading...what's your thought on Rose continuing to sit? dude's been medically cleared to play for over 2 months now. think it effects his standing in the locker-room when multiple other Bulls are dragging themselves around injured in the playoffs and he just sits idly by?

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
23 points in the 4th! He came within one point of the Bulls franchise record held by a certain... oh you know whom.
Did he beat Dragic's record against SAS?

question for Mulli if he's reading...what's your thought on Rose continuing to sit? dude's been medically cleared to play for over 2 months now. think it effects his standing in the locker-room when multiple other Bulls are dragging themselves around injured in the playoffs and he just sits idly by?
Rose has higher priorities

http://www.beyondthebuzzer.com/2013/05/03/derrick-rose-hit-the-clubs-after-game-6-loss/

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could you imagine if Thibodeau coached the Nash, Stoudemire, and Marion teams of the mid 2000's?

with KT, who Thibodeau actually used to play decent amount of minutes on some of his first Bulls teams? they would have won titles...multiples.

it's really such a shame what happened to that team. I mean, if they were REALLY smart, they would have payed JJ that extra 5 million he wanted, likely have gotten rid of Marion for cap flexibility and a decent haul at that point and would have gone to war with a lineup of:

Nash
Bell
JJ
Amare
KT

And they would have KILLED people. three very good defensive players with Bell, JJ and KT, could spread the floor with 3 shooters and they would have had three people who could get their own shot whenever they wanted. oh what could have been!

Michael

The buzz is back!
Reaction score
Just a brilliant display of coaching ability by Thibs! I am becoming more and more impressed by the efficiency of his inbound- plays after timeouts, too. Noah was a man possessed! The Bulls are fun to watch and cheer for - all heart, hustle and teamwork.

I'm puzzled about Rose, however. He doesn't talk to the media much, so it's all speculation, and surely, you don't hear anything negative from within the team. Still, he's been cleared for that long and doesn't consider giving the depleted team 10-15 minutes court time?

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Not sure if it affects the locker room, I kind of think his teammates are more fine than not with him not playing. I am ok with him not playing I suppose.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I can't believe the Warriors choked so badly yet again...16 point lead against the Spurs with 4 1/2 minutes left. :rolleyes:

It's overtime now.