12-13 playoffs

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That has to be the biggest choke in NBA playoff history. Also, someone needs to mute the screaming lady.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the Spurs are like freaking cockroaches.

OP
OP

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Awesome job by the bulls. Might get interesting if they can win game 2.

OP
OP

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
just watched the highlights of the spurs and warriors. was funny to hear the screaming girl.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome job by the bulls. Might get interesting if they can win game 2.

Even if we can't pull out game 2, we took home court and should have Deng and Hinrich back for game 3 in Chicago. I also have a sneaky suspicion if the the Heat win in a close one on Wednesday, we will see Rose in game 3. This just became a series.

Michael

The buzz is back!
Reaction score
Even if we can't pull out game 2, we took home court and should have Deng and Hinrich back for game 3 in Chicago. I also have a sneaky suspicion if the the Heat win in a close one on Wednesday, we will see Rose in game 3. This just became a series.

I'm looking forward to see Rose back in the lineup, but at this point I honestly wonder if he'd be an upgrade over Nate. Rose's D would certainly be better, but how many times has Robinson bailed out the helpless offence with long-range shots? That's never been a strength of Rose (although I remember a few game winners from medium- to long range), and I just don't know wether Derrick would mess up the on-court chemistry just a little bit.
Ideally, Rose would be willing to come off the bench, take the minutes usually assigned to Teague/ Cook and get into playoff game shape. This way he might also avoid being guarded by LeBron all the time. Let's see if Allen, Battier and co can keep Rose from penetrating! Once back to his old self, I'm happy for Rose to take over and give those Heat an even bigger scare.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to see Rose back in the lineup, but at this point I honestly wonder if he'd be an upgrade over Nate. Rose's D would certainly be better, but how many times has Robinson bailed out the helpless offence with long-range shots? That's never been a strength of Rose (although I remember a few game winners from medium- to long range), and I just don't know wether Derrick would mess up the on-court chemistry just a little bit.
Ideally, Rose would be willing to come off the bench, take the minutes usually assigned to Teague/ Cook and get into playoff game shape. This way he might also avoid being guarded by LeBron all the time. Let's see if Allen, Battier and co can keep Rose from penetrating! Once back to his old self, I'm happy for Rose to take over and give those Heat an even bigger scare.

I was actually thinking that Rose and Nate would play together. You cannot sit Nate right now. Let Nate run the offense so you do not disrupt the flow of the offense and take pressure off of Rose to produce.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I was actually thinking that Rose and Nate would play together. You cannot sit Nate right now. Let Nate run the offense so you do not disrupt the flow of the offense and take pressure off of Rose to produce.

I agree that they just can't disrupt the chemistry they have, but I would bring Rose off the bench. They are competing with the Heat as it is- add Rose to the second unit and you minimize any disruptions while having a superstar run the second unit. Rose seems to be a good guy and a team player who wouldn't mind coming off the bench for a while.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree that they just can't disrupt the chemistry they have, but I would bring Rose off the bench. They are competing with the Heat as it is- add Rose to the second unit and you minimize any disruptions while having a superstar run the second unit. Rose seems to be a good guy and a team player who wouldn't mind coming off the bench for a while.

You are probably right on all counts.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Durant is simply DISGUSTING. it's really a shame Westbrook got hurt. Watching Durant V. LeBron II with full supporting casts would have been a hell of a lot of fun to watch.

Michael

The buzz is back!
Reaction score

The problem with this could be defense. Rose has improved last year (no idea how "rusty" he'll be now), but he's surely no Kirk or Jimmy. Nate has been exploited on defense throughout the playoffs. That's why I would prefer either one, not both.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Durant is simply DISGUSTING. it's really a shame Westbrook got hurt. Watching Durant V. LeBron II with full supporting casts would have been a hell of a lot of fun to watch.

Yep Durant has been amazing.

The play in the game last night that really pissed me off was the pick and roll and 1 by Gasol to put them ahead. If you watch the replay closely Zach Randolph fouled Collison three times, it's hilarious. He's holding Collison by the jersey, i mean enough the jersey is visibly pulled out. When Gasol rolls, Collison starts to come over and Randolph then grabs him by the shoulder. When that doesn't work, with 2 hands, he shoves him right into Gasol which is why Collison fouled Gasol.

The look on Collison's face is like he wants to cry, I got fouled 3 times and you call the foul on me?

Randolph is one of those guys whose clever if he's on your team or dirty if he's on the other team, he gets away with murder inside sometimes.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good to see the Heat decided to play like Thugs tonight. I guess that is the only way they can beat my depleted Bulls.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good to see the Heat decided to play like Thugs tonight. I guess that is the only way they can beat my depleted Bulls.

LOL... come on. the Bulls play as rough or rougher then anyone in the league. That game they played in Chicago to break the 27 game winning streak was a straight up mugging. Can't complain when the other team fights the same way.

Michael

The buzz is back!
Reaction score
The refs were among the worst I've ever seen. Battier's three fouls in 5 seconds and subsequent takedown of Noah - no foul. Gibson pushed in the back - travelling call. Clear goaltending by Anderson - no call. James running into Noah with one of the most blatant illegal screens I've ever seen - foul on Noah. Boozer finally receiving a lob pass and converting a layup - offensive foul on Boozer. Butler getting hammered on multiple occasions - nothing.
After a close first quarter, the momentum swing was obviously favoured by the refs. The way the officials suddenly blew the whistle against Miami in garbage time was almost as if they tried to fix the foul stats and make it look as if it had been even. Even if the Heat's shooters had not gotten hot, and even if the Bulls had played better, there is no way Chicago could have won that game.
I now expect Rose to return in game 3 and the refs favouring Chicago. That will make an interesting headline and should generate more revenue for the rest of the series - which Miami will certainly win. WWE at its best!

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nobody beats the Golden State Warriors 31 times in a row at home. :p

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The refs were among the worst I've ever seen. Battier's three fouls in 5 seconds and subsequent takedown of Noah - no foul. Gibson pushed in the back - travelling call. Clear goaltending by Anderson - no call. James running into Noah with one of the most blatant illegal screens I've ever seen - foul on Noah. Boozer finally receiving a lob pass and converting a layup - offensive foul on Boozer. Butler getting hammered on multiple occasions - nothing.
After a close first quarter, the momentum swing was obviously favoured by the refs. The way the officials suddenly blew the whistle against Miami in garbage time was almost as if they tried to fix the foul stats and make it look as if it had been even. Even if the Heat's shooters had not gotten hot, and even if the Bulls had played better, there is no way Chicago could have won that game.
I now expect Rose to return in game 3 and the refs favouring Chicago. That will make an interesting headline and should generate more revenue for the rest of the series - which Miami will certainly win. WWE at its best!

That is what I saw. Also, the ref that is responsible for most of the crap is Scott Foster, the same Scott Foster who made 134 calls to Donaghy, while Donaghy was fixing scores. Just sayin'!!!!

Also, the rumors are going like crazy that Derrick will dress for game 3, but not start and is not a lock to play. I think the moment he is on the bench and able to go in, he will want to go in.

OP
OP

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
that Battier play was on all accounts just wrong. throwing himself into noah and then falling on him.

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Also, someone needs to mute the screaming lady.

Late to the conversation, but that was annoying. Maybe I noticed it more because I watched it with headphones on, but do they always play so much damn music at a game? I can't remember noticing it before, but during the 2 games in SA it seemed to be constant, and loud as hell.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05