2003 Predictions

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I'll tell you what. You say 5-11, I say 11-5. Halfway is 8-8 so lets do an over under for 20 bucks. You can use yours to buy what I'm on or I get to use my winnings to re-supply. How does that sound?

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Naysayers be gone! The Schedule is out and we are ready to roll! GBR! I say 12-4 and we finally get on national tv on January 10 from SDS! Sure, we will be lucky to win 8 games - we always are. But until its start we are bound for Houston!

M

mdsisquo

Originally posted by EndZone
[Win[/color] Week 1 Arizona @ Detroit, 12:00 PM
[Win[/color] Week 2 Seattle @ Arizona 3:05 PM
Loss Week 3 Green Bay @ Arizona 3:05 PM
Loss Week 4 Arizona @ St. Louis 12:00 PM
[bWin[/color]
Week 5 Arizona @ Dallas 12:00 PM
Win[/color] Week 6 Baltimore @ Arizona 3:15 PM
Week 7 Bye
[bWin[/color][/b] Week 8 San Fran @ Arizona 4:05 PM
[bWin[/color][/b] Week 9 Cincy @ Arizona 4:05
Loss Week 10 Arizona @ Pitt 1:00 PM
[bWin[/color]
Week 11 Arizona @ Cleveland 1:00 PM
[bWin[/color][/b] Week 12 St. Louis @ Arizona 4:05 PM
[bWin[/color][/b] Week 13 Arizona @ Chicago 1:00 PM
Loss Week 14 Arizona @ San Fran 4:05 PM
[Win[/color] Week 15 Carolina @ Arizona 4:15 PM
Win[/color] Week 16 Arizona @ Seattle 4:15 PM
LossWeek17 Minn @ Arizona 4:05 PM

11-5 BABY!

@ Detroit - LOSS
Seattle @AZ - WIN
GB @ AZ - WIN
AZ @ STL - LOSS
AZ @ Dallas - WIN

Baltimore @ AZ - WIN (I REALLY Hope we win this game. One of my Boss's is a HUGE Baltimore fan and he is flying me to this game to watch it in AZ with him. He know's I am a huge Cardinal Fan!!!! And he likes me :)) :thumbup:

BYE WEEK

S.F. @ AZ - Loss
Cincy @ AZ - WIN (Please win, we will never live it down if we lose. Imagine how bad it would be to have BUNGLE fans harrasing us at OUR board if we lose!)
AZ @ PITT - WIN
AZ @ CLE - LOSS
STL @ AZ - LOSS

AZ @ CHI - WIN (I really hope we win this one too! I am flying to CHI to watch this game with a co-worker who is a HUGE Bears fan. It would be sweet to have braging rights on him for at least a year!)

AZ @ S.F. - LOSS
Caronlina @ AZ - LOSS
AZ @ Seattle - WIN
MINN @ AZ - WIN (Corey Chavous Gets blown by for 3 TD's! That would be SOOOOOOOOOO sweat!)

We finish at 9-7 for a respectable season. Playoffs are our goal in 2004!!!!!

GO CARDINALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Azcards21 - so 8-8 is a push? 7-9 or less and i win? i'll take you up on that $20 bet.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
At the risk of being banned from the board because of wonton negativity, I'm going to post my prediction of the 2003 season. This is based on the team we're putting out on the field now...

@ DET: This game is like re-opening Ford Field. The Lions and their fans are going to be looking to make a statement. LOSS
SEA: This game is a toss-up. I'm tempted to go with the combo of Holmgren and his DC over Olsen and Mac. The matchups don't look great, either: Hasselback v. Blake, Alexander v. Smith/Shipp, S. Springs v. Starks, but I'll give the Cards the benefit of the doubt at the 2/3 full home opener: WIN
GB: This is a home game for the Pack (remember last year?). They won't have a D, but we won't either, and their O is better than ours. LOSS
@ STL: Too fast. We have no answer for Faulk up the middle or anyone good out of the slot. LOSS

4-game record: 1-3

@ DAL: Another toss-up. I'll give it to the Cards, because they'll have something to prove. WIN
BAL: Blake doesn't have an answer to Lewis, McAllister. J. Lewis runs for 150 yards, easy. LOSS
MERCIFUL, MERCIFUL BYE
SF: Another toss-up. I'll take the Cards, because we'll contain TO, somehow. WIN
CIN: Another toss-up, but the Cards overlook the Bengals because they're coming off a tough loss vs. SEA, and the Cards have to lose one of the toss-ups. LOSS

Halfway Point: 3-5

@ PIT: Steeler's offense and defense set records. LOSS.
@ CLE: William Green runs for 150 yards, but it's not enough to make up for a non-existent D, and the QB controversy that's tearing apart the Brown's lockerroom. Browns fans burn down the stadium. Davey Mac is airlifed out. WIN
STL: Again, too fast. LOSS
@ CHI: The Cards secondary has a day that makes us wonder why they don't always play like this. They pick off Stewart four times and Adrian Wilson gets two sacks. In an unrelated event, Chris Chandler breaks his arm holding the clipboard. WIN

3/4 Post: 5-7

@ SF: Split the season series. LOSS
CAR: Jeff Blake, meet Julius Peppers. LOSS
@ SEA: Split the season series. LOSS
MIN: No one has a solution to Randy Moss, but seeing Michael Bennett run up the middle makes Ronnie Mac think he has a concussion, 'cause the fool's just a blur. LOSS

In the final analysis: 5-11

This is a really hard schedule. They go 2-4 in division, 1-3 against the NFC North, 1-3 against the AFC North, and 1-1 in their "at large" games. The "balanced schedule" that came with the re-alignment really, really hurts the Cards, because they play more tough teams in league play. 5-11 in close games might save Mac his job, but everyone's talking about trading up to get Eli Manning this time next year.

AzWins23

Reaction score
I don't know why people are sayin 11-5, 9-7, 8-8.....Don't forget we still have no recievers and no pass rush, so i don't know where you guys het these standins....I see it at best, iam at best with luck on our side 7-9, if no luck 5-11, 6-10

RedStorm

Next NY Gov
Supporting Member
Reaction score
5-11 maybe 6-10.

We have no pass rush or WRs yet.

I hope I am wrong but I am skeptical right now.

I do think Emmitt will hit 1000 yds.

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Originally posted by PHXSPORTS4LIFE
Azcards21 - so 8-8 is a push? 7-9 or less and i win? i'll take you up on that $20 bet.

Yeah, 8-8 we each buy or own form of medication! LOL!
It's a done deal then?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
so let it be written, so let it be done! bring on the season (and, as my lil bro said, i win either way - we go over .500 i'm happy, we go under .500 i'm $20 richer). i think 11 had to learn this same lesson, no?

buff17

Rookie
Reaction score
The Cards will be lucky to go 4-12. Coach Mac will get the boot, and you all will be talking about the same thing next year. Can you say Dennis Green?? And maybe a number 1 or 2 pick instead of 6.

I have been following the cards for a longtime, im not trying to come in here and piss everyone off.

Its just Emmitt is past his prime. Shipp will never be a "good" NFL back. Just a good backup. Jeff Blake is just average too. Although Plummer wore his welcome out last season, he still had more upside then bringing in Blake. Receivers are below average. Maybe the one of the worst in the NFL. That will equal out to maybe 14 points a game.
Defense, well i can say that was the strong point last season after the good start. (Well that and Thomas Jones game vs Seabirds.) Made "minor" improvements. It doesnt matter who you draft this defense still wont be a top 10.

Cards fans have waited long, and always its 1 or 2 years away from being good.
Well if management makes the right decisions over the next few years. Then I can honestly say this team is a year or 2 away.

But for now...all i can say is just go to the damn games.

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
LVCARDFREAK said:
Oh you eternal optimists....I love to see the twinkle in your naive April eyes :D

@Detriot - L (whens the last time the cards had a road opening win?)
Seattle - L
Green Bay - W
@St. Louis - L
@Dallas - W
Baltimore - W
San Fran - L
Cincy - W
@Pittsburgh - L
@Cleveland - L
St. Louis - L
@Chicago - L
@San Fran - L
Carolina - L
@Seattle - L
Minnesota - W

5-11

Bump for fun!

Plus I want to say 'I told you so' :D

schel

This is our year!
Reaction score
LVCARDFREAK said:
Bump for fun!

Plus I want to say 'I told you so' :D
Very good one :) You only missed 3 games right?

ThunderCard

Reaction score
buff17 said:
The Cards will be lucky to go 4-12. Coach Mac will get the boot, and you all will be talking about the same thing next year. Can you say Dennis Green?? And maybe a number 1 or 2 pick instead of 6.

I have been following the cards for a longtime, im not trying to come in here and piss everyone off.

Its just Emmitt is past his prime. Shipp will never be a "good" NFL back. Just a good backup. Jeff Blake is just average too. Although Plummer wore his welcome out last season, he still had more upside then bringing in Blake. Receivers are below average. Maybe the one of the worst in the NFL. That will equal out to maybe 14 points a game.
Defense, well i can say that was the strong point last season after the good start. (Well that and Thomas Jones game vs Seabirds.) Made "minor" improvements. It doesnt matter who you draft this defense still wont be a top 10.

Cards fans have waited long, and always its 1 or 2 years away from being good.
Well if management makes the right decisions over the next few years. Then I can honestly say this team is a year or 2 away.

But for now...all i can say is just go to the damn games.

WOW what a post from April 5 2003 / almost a year ago. predicted the record and Dennis Green all in the same post. Someone send him a cookie ! Also he called out Smith and almost everything else ! :fans:

buff17

Rookie
Reaction score
ThunderCard said:
WOW what a post from April 5 2003 / almost a year ago. predicted the record and Dennis Green all in the same post. Someone send him a cookie ! Also he called out Smith and almost everything else ! :fans:

Thanks, I would have never known at that time the Cards would draft Boldin and him winding up being R.O.Y. Very happy about that, the receivers will be very good next year no matter who is drafted, possibly great if the right guy is drafted. Which I kinda hope the Cards trade down with Cleveland, take at least a 3rd rounder from them and still pick up a big time player in the first. Would Northcutt be worth picking up from them as well?

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
buff17 said:
Thanks, I would have never known at that time the Cards would draft Boldin and him winding up being R.O.Y. Very happy about that, the receivers will be very good next year no matter who is drafted, possibly great if the right guy is drafted. Which I kinda hope the Cards trade down with Cleveland, take at least a 3rd rounder from them and still pick up a big time player in the first. Would Northcutt be worth picking up from them as well?
Wow, you rule!

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
ThunderCard said:
Did Azcards21 pay up ??

I haven't seen the brothers clown since the end of the season. I will pay up when we meet. Draft? Training camp? Preseason? Whenever.

I'm taking an easily winnable over under this season. 10-6! No sweat.