11/25 Arizona - W

OP
OP
N

NickelBack

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think Koetter and staff would take 8-3 at this point.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Depends on how Sam Keller plays. If he is consistent, he has the weapons. The defense should be improved. Best case, 10 or 11 wins, worst case 7.

Card Trader

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It's the ultimate jinx when a kitty cat fan picks you to beat them. Here's to disapointing season :(

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Is there a way to buy ASU football season tickets online? Nothing seems to be working for me. Anyone know? :confused:

spikecop02

Registered
Reaction score
Whith Hegan bck at WR Keller has him and Miller to throw to. It all depends on how they can set up the passes by running the ball.

maddogkf

You think KFCs still open
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sun Devil Stadium, Sect 27, Row 34, Seat 8

JPlay

JPlay
Reaction score
The run game should be much improved with Rudy Burgess as the starter. I just hope we finally get a D.

HooverDam

Reaction score
The problem w/ Burgess as the starting HB is that he is just so small. I worry if he'll be able to stay healthy for an entire season. He is great for screen plays and tricky stuff, but I dont think he can run it up the gut for 3 yards on a consistant basis. The running game is so key to Koetters offense because he runs so much PA. If the defense isnt afraid of the run, the PA is much less likely to work. That being said, I think it will go like this:

9/1 Temple- W
9/10 @LSU- L (this one should be tight though, the Devils may squeeze one out)
9/17 Northwestern-W
9/24 @Oregon State-W
10/1 USC-L
10/8 Oregon-W
10/22 @Stanford-W
10/29 Washington-W
11/5 @Washington State-W
11/12 @UCLA-W
11/25 Arizona-W

I think the games Ive put W's next to could all be big wins. The two losses Ive predicted could have us getitng killed. For whatever reason, I dont foresee a lot of close games on that schedule.

Diamondback Jay

Psalms 23:1
Reaction score
NickelBack said:
9/1 Temple

Let me just say if ASU doesn't win this game, Dirk should be fired on the spot and the every starter should be benched, never to be seen or heard from again.

Temple is complete and utter garbage, and the Devils should roll them.. easily.

9/10 @LSU

Truth be told, I wouldn't be entirely shocked to see ASU pull this one out. LSU lost some real talent (not just on the bench, Travis Daniels, Marcus Spears and the others on defense they lost will cause them to move back a step. Also, losing Ben Wilkerson, who was the anchor of that offensive line, will be hard to overcome.

Ultimately, I see a 27-24 game, but I wouldn't be shocked if ASU won. That said, I think LSU's gonna pull it out.

With the rest of the schedule, truthfully with the exception of USC, they're capable of beating just about anyone on it.

In best case scenario, they beat LSU and give USC fits of hell, finishing the season at 10-1, and in the BCS.

Worst case scenario, they lose to LSU, get bombed by USC and slip up against some combo of Oregon, Oregon State, Northwestern, Washington State and UCLA. I still think Washington, U of A and Stanford are in too much of a rebuilding state for ASU to slip up.

HooverDam

Reaction score
The UofA game is NEVER safe. Did last year teach us nothing? UofA could be 0-10, and ASU 10-0 going into the game, and I still wouldnt gaurentee anything. One of the teams could be fielding nothing but quadriplegic midgets w/ Adult ADHD and I wouldnt bet against them. The rivalry game is just to insane to mark down as a "W."

spikecop02

Registered
Reaction score
The devils will be at home this year agaisnt UofA so that would make a big diffrence.

JPlay

JPlay
Reaction score
HooverDam said:
The problem w/ Burgess as the starting HB is that he is just so small. I worry if he'll be able to stay healthy for an entire season. He is great for screen plays and tricky stuff, but I dont think he can run it up the gut for 3 yards on a consistant basis. QUOTE]

Burgess bulked up during the offseason in preparation for the bulk load of carries. Anybody who watched him run last year knows he's not afraid of contact and is the shiftiest RB we have. He was the only RB to consistently get 100yrds when he got the carries. I think he'll have a great year.

Diamondback Jay

Psalms 23:1
Reaction score
HooverDam said:
The UofA game is NEVER safe. Did last year teach us nothing? UofA could be 0-10, and ASU 10-0 going into the game, and I still wouldnt gaurentee anything. One of the teams could be fielding nothing but quadriplegic midgets w/ Adult ADHD and I wouldnt bet against them. The rivalry game is just to insane to mark down as a "W."

Good point. I do think ASU wins this one, but it won't be as sure fire as I made it out to sound in my initial post.

Like you said, these two teams could be headed in complete opposite directions and you still can bet your last dollar that the lesser of the two will show up and play their hearts out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan