2006 Cardinals: Game 10 (ARI 17 DET 10) Analysis

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't think of any lame duck coaches who did well. (Not saying you are wrong Mitch.) Who were some who did well?

Can anyone think of any "lame duck" coaches who did well in that season?

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It is something that any other coach(wining and lossing) would say or has already said in the past and will say in the future when asked about being a lame duck coach. It wasnt a big deal when other coaches have said it and it isnt a big deal now.

It is a big deal. Timing is everything. And deciding to make that statement when your team is 1-8 and alone at the bottom of the NFL only serves to illustrate Mitch's point, IMO. If he had at least waited until after the Detroit game... well, no, it would still have been equally ridiculous.

Last edited:

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What was Brian Billick/s contract status coming into the season? Wasn't he widely considered to be on the hot seat?

He's on the hot seat, but he's not in the last year of his deal. He signed an extension in 2004.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
It is a big deal. Timing is everything. And deciding to make that statement when your team is 1-8 and alone at the bottom of the NFL only serves to illustrate Mitch's point, IMO. If he had at least waited until after the Detroit game... well, no, it would still have been equally ridiculous.

I would agree with you if he was actually making a demand. But he wasnt. He was giving a hypothetical answer to a hypothetical question, thats it, nothing more nothing less.

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I would agree with you if he was actually making a demand. But he wasnt. He was giving a hypothetical answer to a hypothetical question, thats it, nothing more nothing less.
joe,
I guess that their point is that he should have probably deflected the question. Maybe, "I hope to get this team in a situation where the owners and the fans want me here next year."

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
This is the problem with the Bidwills... The fact that this stupid Denny debate is even going on is utterly ridiculous as Denny should not even be here...
After the debacle in Oakland, he should have been let go... After Green Bay, you bet! And coming out of a Bye week, and not even show up at home against the Cowboys, ABSOLUTLEY Denny should have been fired by now!
He can ask for all the extensions he wants, but the Bidwills better do the right thing and can his ass!!

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
Aaron Francisco is doing well as what he is: a third safety. I think that Robert Griffith has been very, very good this season despite all the opporobrium that was heaped upon him by yourself and others. From what I saw, it was Griffith who tipped Francisco's interception, not Gerald Hayes, as it was reported somewhere. Francisco still isn't near the starting position, and it seems like he's taking the same side of the field as Adrian Wilson when the strong nickel comes out, not taking the transitional free safety position.

I still think that we need another free safety this offseason, but it's not the dire need that it seemed at the beginning.

Saying that Scott Linehan is better than Dennis Green is not going far out on a limb. But his offense was stinky yesterday against a defense that is not all that great. Steven Jackson got all of 14 total touches? Seriously?

I agree Griffith has been good, I almost always defend him on this board. He had the best game of any of our defenders yesterday, the hit has been highlighted, but he had a stellar game in coverage and deflected or broke up several passes. I'm almost 100% sure that the Francisco pick was off a Hayes deflection though.

I agree on Linehan also, his major move has been to give Jackson the ball and that is an easy move to make: tyo give the NFCs best back the rock as much as he can.