2012 Draft prospects

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I feel about PJIII the same way I felt about Faried last year. He has the physical tools and skills to be special.

PhxGametime

Formerly Bball_31
Reaction score
Alex Young SG IUPUI: Looks pretty darn good in this Western Kentucky game (I'm currently watching) but I don't have a lot of other game-film on him.

20+ Point scorer, per game. 6'6 lefty SG that scores with ease, passes well, etc. I'm just waiting for him to dunk it on somebody...

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Alex Young SG IUPUI: Looks pretty darn good in this Western Kentucky game (I'm currently watching) but I don't have a lot of other game-film on him.

20+ Point scorer, per game. 6'6 lefty SG that scores with ease, passes well, etc. I'm just waiting for him to dunk it on somebody...

He is a senior, ranked #42 by DX among seniors so he is almost certainly going to be undrafted. Rank 98 in Top 100 Prospects.

He is listed as SF.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Alex-Young-6489/

Team: IUPUI, Senior
Physicals Positions Rankings Salary Misc
H: 6' 6"
W: 200 lbs
Bday: 10/17/1989
(22 Years Old)
Current: SF
NBA: SF
Possible: SF
Rank 42 in NCAA Seniors
Rank 98 in Top 100 Prospects
Agent: Brian Elfus
High School: Northwest
Hometown: Indianapolis, Indiana
Predraft Measurements
Height w/o Shoes Height w/shoes Weight Wingspan Standing Reach Body Fat No Step Vert Max Vert Bench Press Lane Agility 3/4 Court Sprint Class Rank
6' 5" NA 217 6' 11" NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA
Basic Per Game Statistics - Comprehensive Stats - Statistical Top 25s
Year League Name GP Min Pts FG FGA FG% 2Pt 2PtA 2P% 3Pt 3PtA 3P% FTM FTA FT% Off Def TOT Asts Stls Blks TOs PFs
2011/12 NCAA Alex Young 32 32.8 20.4 6.8 16.1 42.4 5.0 10.7 46.8 1.8 5.4 33.9 4.9 6.0 81.7 1.8 4.1 5.9 2.2 1.6 1.0 2.4 2.5
Player Blog | Player Stats | Related Articles | Add to My Draft Express
Trending Prospects (3/9/2012)
March 9, 2012
AP

Jonathan Givony

One of the top-10 scorers in college basketball, Alex Young's senior season and career at IUPUI came to a disappointing end this week after losing in the quarterfinals of the Summit league conference tournament.

Young increased his scoring productivity on both a per-game and per-minute basis this season, but did so on a high-volume, low-efficiency basis, ranking 3rd amongst collegiate prospects in field goal attempts per-minute pace adjusted, while shooting a career low 42% from the field. He was able to offset that somewhat by getting to the free throw line more often and turning the ball over much less frequently, but did so mostly in a losing cause on a team that went 14-18 on the season and finished seventh in the weak Summit League, with a 7-11 record.

Young is a very impressive player to take in on first glance, as he has terrific size for a wing player at 6-6 to go along with a NBA-ready frame. He's an instinctive scorer who can create his own shot at will and makes jumpers from all over the floor, sometimes in extremely impressive fashion.

PhxGametime

Formerly Bball_31
Reaction score
Iman Shumpert and MarShon Brooks were rated low on a lot of these sites but I've seen 1 1/2 games and haven't seen explosion yet sooo... I may try finishing the 2nd half.

I was going to watch Jared Cunningham (yesterday), with ESPN Insider putting him higher in rankings but the only games of his I have are U of A games. Cunningham can jump but he's also 6'4...

I like Austin Rivers, Perry Jones, Terrence Jones, Kendall Marshall, Terrence Ross, Jared Sullinger, Tony Wroten Jr., Tyler Zeller, etc. with Suns Pick but I'm always hoping for more Draft Picks lol

Going to watch Moe Harkless game(s) before put him in the mix. Jeff Taylor I go back and forth with...

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No way, Bargnani is not a SF either. Jones will fill out and get stronger and play PF.

I think his best position is sf. He has the ball handling, shooting, and defensive quickness to play on the wing. He could be dominant there. He would be overmatched physically at pf or c IMO.

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Interesting that we picked Earl Clark before Ty Lawson was picked @18. Lawson put up 29 pts and 10 dimes on us tonight. Goes to show there are decent players as low as 18 in the first round.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Goes to show there are decent players as low as 18 in the first round.

I don't think anyone has ever disputed that. The question is how likely you are to get one. It's not like every team that passed on Lawson was stupid; there's just no way to know which long-shot prospects are going to pan out.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If Denver offered Wilson Chandler for our 1st rd pick in this year's draft, do you guys think we should do it?

carey

VVVV Saints Fan VVVV
Reaction score
If Denver offered Wilson Chandler for our 1st rd pick in this year's draft, do you guys think we should do it?

No, and it has nothing to do with Chandler's play versus what kind of player we can get at 14-17 and everything to do with the type of money WC is looking for. (i.e. way too much)

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
No, and it has nothing to do with Chandler's play versus what kind of player we can get at 14-17 and everything to do with the type of money WC is looking for. (i.e. way too much)
WC isn't looking for any type of money. He's already on a long term contract.

carey

VVVV Saints Fan VVVV
Reaction score
WC isn't looking for any type of money. He's already on a long term contract.

I guess I missed when he signed. Denver sure dished out a lot of contracts this season. I had to look up the details, 5 years $37M.

I don't know. I don't really like that contract at all, but honestly I don't even have a handle on NBA contracts right now. The owners go to war over this ****, and when they come back from a lockout they start right back up giving out ridiculous money. I can't think of one "bargain" contract given out since the year started.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think anyone has ever disputed that. The question is how likely you are to get one. It's not like every team that passed on Lawson was stupid; there's just no way to know which long-shot prospects are going to pan out.

If you are preoccupied with a players size and physical abilities, you will usually miss the gems with the later picks.

You find good players with some sort of issue. They went to a small, school, they are smallish for their position, they do not have great speed at pg, they are a pg but can't shoot well (Rondo).

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Is there a player in this draft who refuses to play soft or has no tendency that may lead him into a path of Channing Fryness?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there a player in this draft who refuses to play soft or has no tendency that may lead him into a path of Channing Fryness?

Nope. Most players in college these days pattern their games after their favorite NBA role models so obviously they will all be Frye-like.

Steve

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Then this is one draft where I'll be watching a re-run of Fresh Prince of Bel Air.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Urkel might actually be more useful than Josh Childress next season.

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yes he has, he played relatively well against Anthony Davis

No, he did not. He went for 1-5 from the field with 3 turnovers in the 1st half when Kentucky blew out Baylor. Besides, Kentucky played a matchup-zone so PJIII rarely met Davis.

He scored some points in the 2nd half which was a nice scrimmage for Kentucky.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

... trade away an opportunity to find a player with true potential for someone who we KNOW is mediocre and overpaid. Sounds great. And another tweener forward making 8 million a year is EXACTLY what this roster needs.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
... trade away an opportunity to find a player with true potential for someone who we KNOW is mediocre and overpaid. Sounds great. And another tweener forward making 8 million a year is EXACTLY what this roster needs.

Forgot this. :sarcasm:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake