Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
Anthony Davis
Thomas Robinson
Terrence Jones
Doron Lamb
Tyshawn Taylor
Jeff Withey
Darius Miller

Also a lot of busts in this list waiting to happen as well.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A PG I woud love to see us draft is Tony Wroten. He's like the next Russel Westbrook but not as selfish.

I hope he declares this year but he's really young and a freshmen so he may stay to improve his draft stock.

Not as selfish? You may want to ask the UW players about that it's pretty widely said they want him to leave. There were a number of games this year where UW was better with him on the bench, he's extremely talented but he's a ball stopper he holds the ball or dribbles and it kills the flow. Great passer so it seems counter intuitive that he's selfish but he is. Apparently he and Ross and especially Gant did NOT get along well, they think he's a me first kid.

Can't shoot a lick either but boy can he get to the rim and they don't call walks in the NBA either so he'll be tough to stop there too. Walks as much as anybody I've ever seen, as does MKG btw.

The worst thing is Wroten plays no defense, goes for steals and that's it.

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Wroten reminds me of the today's version of Devin Harris. Obviously he may improve but I don't think that he will be drafted in the top20, if he declares at all.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
I agree around #20 but I would still draft him.

He is not the next russell westbrook though. Not nearly as athletic but if he develops he might turn into a Gary Payton type at least that is some of the comparisons for him.
A less athletic John Wall possibly.

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I agree around #20 but I would still draft him.

He is not the next russell westbrook though. Not nearly as athletic but if he develops he might turn into a Gary Payton type at least that is some of the comparisons for him.
A less athletic John Wall possibly.

John Wall as a college player was just on a different level in everything (except maybe shooting) comparing to Wroten.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Damian Lillard will forgo his final year of eligibility and declare for the draft.
"I want to thank everyone that has helped me get to this point," Lillard said. "I have loved my time at Weber State and am looking forward to playing at the next level."
The 6-foot-3 Lillard is projected by many as a lottery pick in this year’s draft.
He averaged 24.5 points, five rebounds and four assists this past season.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/220263/Damian_Lillard_Turning_Pro#ixzz1r1UarMLv

That's great news for the Suns. Lillard is probably the most underrated player in the draft and is one of my favorite PG prospects.

Just like I said last year when Marshon Brooks will be good, I think Lillard is gonna be a beast in the NBA.

And Suns with a #13-#18 pick will most likely be able to draft him. I would rather have him than spend big $$ to bring Aaron Brooks back.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Ugh don't talk about Aaron Brooks or Earl Clark please :)

I'd be happy with Lillard, Perry/Terrence Jones.

Is Kendall Marshall any good?

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Lillard is overrated. He will not get his shot off in the NBA like he can in college.
He is a scoring PG, he is probably a bit small too and he did not play against top competition in college.

Lillard is much like Eddie House in college, a little better but very very similar.

Just no way we should get Lillard when we try to re-sign Nash and have the rights for Brooks. Letting Brooks go for nothing accomplishes nothing and Lillard will not contibute as much as Brooks next year. Lillard is much like Brooks. He would be a terrible backup for Nash.

Marshall might be a good fit he can run an offense but he will not be on the board and we don't really need a third PG. Our biggest need is a shooting guard.

Last edited:

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Oh, I got the impression Lillard was a shooting guard. Never mind then.

Any chance Telfair will return next year? He earned playing time before Ronnie Price at least.

I liked what I saw of McAdoo btw.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Lillard is a scoring ~6'1-6'2 PG.

McAdoo if he declares will be a top 15 pick despite sitting on the bench his entire freshman year.

He might be the most skilled post player but he is only like 6'9 in shoes maybe even 6'8 that is what will hurt him.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Lillard is overrated. He will not get his shot off in the NBA like he can in college.
He is a scoring PG, he is probably a bit small too and he did not play against top competition in college.

Lillard is much like Eddie House in college, a little better but very very similar.

Just no way we should get Lillard when we try to re-sign Nash and have the rights for Brooks. Letting Brooks go for nothing accomplishes nothing and Lillard will not contibute as much as Brooks next year. Lillard is much like Brooks. He would be a terrible backup for Nash.

Marshall might be a good fit he can run an offense but he will not be on the board and we don't really need a third PG. Our biggest need is a shooting guard.
So you are saying that we should resign Brooks even though he's a terrible backup for Nash?

You must be registered for see images attach

And just cause Lillard played against less competition doesn't mean he sucks. He led the nation in scoring and put up 7 assists a game playing with absolute crap for teammates. With guidance from Nash, I think he has the potential to be the future PG even though I'll admit he'll be more of a scoring PG than a pass first PG but in today's NBA every team is starting to have scoring PGs so it won't matter.

Brooks is gonna cost a lot of $$ this off season and if that's the case then its time to just let him go and admit that the FO made a mistake rather than worsening the mistake by giving him a big contract like we did to Childress, Warrick and Frye.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Honestly we need the best talent available. If Lillard is the best on the board when we pick I wouldn't mind a scoring PG as long as he is a point guard, not a semi guard (or whatever). KJ scored in bunches so...

I wonder if the FO will offer Shannon Brown a contract. He's been good starting for Grant Hill.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good news. The more talent in the draft the better if the Suns draft later.

I really don't know what to think about Sullinger. He plays the game like he's got 20 pound weights in his shoes. He's got a first class NBA butt, I'm just not sure if that will be enough.

Steve

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really don't know what to think about Sullinger. He plays the game like he's got 20 pound weights in his shoes. He's got a first class NBA butt, I'm just not sure if that will be enough.

Steve

I heard him compared to Kevin Love, but he's not nearly the skilled big man with passing/shooting skills that Love had at UCLA.

And to be honest, i'm still stunned at how good Love has been. I really thought his lack of athleticism would kill him at this level, but he's a damn good basketball player.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I heard him compared to Kevin Love, but he's not nearly the skilled big man with passing/shooting skills that Love had at UCLA.

And to be honest, i'm still stunned at how good Love has been. I really thought his lack of athleticism would kill him at this level, but he's a damn good basketball player.

I've been pushing Love since his short stay at UCLA. I know he isn't much of a leaper but I never really considered him unathletic. I have no idea why people are comparing Sullinger to Kevin - Kevin has never looked like he was playing in cement shoes. Sullinger is ideal in every way to play the game down low, except for his slow, heavy feet. Paul Silas rarely left the ground and was a solid player for many years but even Silas had quicker feet than Jared.

Steve

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
One thing that translates from college hoops to NBA is rebounding. From what I've seen, the kid can rebound.

I love his low-post game, but I am not sure how he is going to deal with tall, long, athletic shot-blocking PFs in the NBA.

I guess it all depends where our pick is and who else is available. I don't like Sullinger at 10, but I'd be OK with him at 15. I actually think Morris has more potential, but when you are picking at 10-15, and you really don't have a great player on any position (Gortat at C might be one exception) you have to take the best player available.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One thing that translates from college hoops to NBA is rebounding. From what I've seen, the kid can rebound.

I love his low-post game, but I am not sure how he is going to deal with tall, long, athletic shot-blocking PFs in the NBA.

I guess it all depends where our pick is and who else is available. I don't like Sullinger at 10, but I'd be OK with him at 15. I actually think Morris has more potential, but when you are picking at 10-15, and you really don't have a great player on any position (Gortat at C might be one exception) you have to take the best player available.

if Sully's there at 15, you take him and don't let the Morris pick get in your way. Like you said, rebounding is one of the rare things that usually translates and Morris was a pretty mediocre rebounder in college and has very little athleticism. at least with Sully, we have a PF who can actually rebound the ball and won't find himself at the 3 point line where Morris ended up migrating to for some stupid reason or another.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if Sully's there at 15, you take him and don't let the Morris pick get in your way. Like you said, rebounding is one of the rare things that usually translates and Morris was a pretty mediocre rebounder in college and has very little athleticism. at least with Sully, we have a PF who can actually rebound the ball and won't find himself at the 3 point line where Morris ended up migrating to for some stupid reason or another.

Yeah, I'd take him too if he's still there when we pick in the mid teens. Despite my earlier comments about the guy, I really doubt he drops out of the top 10.

Steve

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
After re-watching some clips, his footwork seems to be better than I remembered. At least on offense, his footwork is flat-out impressive. He also seems to be a bit thinner then I thought he was. Not sure if he dropped some weight or if my memory is just failing me.
I'm gonna see if I can find a couple of full games to watch, but I am actually starting to like this kid.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the general rule holds true, bigs over smalls with a similar amount of talent. I keep thinking the Suns should have drafted Amare and Boozer in the same draft. However, the Suns really need to look at PG in the draft or free agency. Too bad the Suns do not have two first picks but then I would probably be wanting them to draft two bigs. Another thought, most always a team can trade a big for a small.

I haven't watched much college basketball to know much about Sullinger although as some have said, rebounding usually does translate well to the NBA.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake