2012 Draft prospects

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After re-watching some clips, his footwork seems to be better than I remembered. At least on offense, his footwork is flat-out impressive. He also seems to be a bit thinner then I thought he was. Not sure if he dropped some weight or if my memory is just failing me.
I'm gonna see if I can find a couple of full games to watch, but I am actually starting to like this kid.

You're right, there's nothing wrong with his footwork. It's his lack of lift and the fact it seems to take forever for him to get his feet moving that concern scouts. He's able to overpower his college opponents but it remains to be seen whether he'll be able to back down NBA players.

There are also concerns about his defense at the next level. At 6'9, he's probably too short for center and too slow of foot to play the PF spot. But, he's a smart player, plays hard, has great hands and a great lower body (minus the foot speed). Despite the concerns about his ceiling, I think he goes in the top 6 and I'd be very surprised if he lasts past the 10th spot.

Steve

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I actually think Morris has more potential

Yikes...we don't need any more role players. We need legitimate starters with a chance for stardom. (which is why late lottery is the worst position in the NBA)

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I've been pushing Love since his short stay at UCLA. I know he isn't much of a leaper but I never really considered him unathletic. I have no idea why people are comparing Sullinger to Kevin - Kevin has never looked like he was playing in cement shoes. Sullinger is ideal in every way to play the game down low, except for his slow, heavy feet. Paul Silas rarely left the ground and was a solid player for many years but even Silas had quicker feet than Jared.

Steve

I agree, I'm not impressed by Sullinger at all, he seems to me the 2nd coming of Tyler Hansbrough.

While he might be easily picked in top10, I'm not sure that I would pick him at Suns' pick if he is available. For example, Terrence Ross (among other late lottery-mid 1st players) may be a better prospectt han Sullinger.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
I heard him compared to Kevin Love, but he's not nearly the skilled big man with passing/shooting skills that Love had at UCLA.

And to be honest, i'm still stunned at how good Love has been. I really thought his lack of athleticism would kill him at this level, but he's a damn good basketball player.

More like Luis Scola / Carlos Boozer.

I don't really like Sullinger but give me a break, he clearly has more potential than Morris. He has way more advanced skill set already, rebounds better and is 3 years younger than Markieff.

Last edited:

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
well those were the locks who had little to nothing to gain by going back to college..

Most of the players that were on the fence or should have declared possibly did not like Cody Zeller who would have been a lock to go before the Suns pick and McAdoo who could have been a higher pick too and Quincy Miller who could have been a candidate between #15-25.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Yeah Lillard makes a ton of sense especially when having the rights to Brooks and Telfair playing pretty damn good basketball. Why not get a 4th PG who is much like like Brooks anyway.

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Earl Clark part deux? Considering our current stable of "talent", I'd be willing to take a chance on him.

Perry Jones is much more athletic than Clark. 6'11 with a 7'2" wingspan. Seems Garnettesqe, though without the skill level obviously. I would pick him and stick him in the starting lineup at the 3. We really need an influx of athleticism on this geriatric team of ours.

Last edited:

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Yeah Lillard makes a ton of sense especially when having the rights to Brooks and Telfair playing pretty damn good basketball. Why not get a 4th PG who is much like like Brooks anyway.
Cause their not starting caliber PGs?

Quality>Quantity

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

At which point, the Golden State Warriors began to laugh. They figured we must have fallen asleep as they had already drafted Perry with the 6th pick.

Steve

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The Warriors have David Lee, and Andrew Bogut. They have bigger problems than front court depth so they'll pass on Jones.

I see them going after a SF. But that's if they even get a 2012 1st rd pick because they traded it to Utah with protection though.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Warriors have David Lee, and Andrew Bogut. They have bigger problems than front court depth so they'll pass on Jones.

I see them going after a SF. But that's if they even get a 2012 1st rd pick because they traded it to Utah with protection though.

Cleveland had a small forward when they drafted Lebron. With few exceptions, teams draft based on talent (realized and potential) and rarely do they bypass a perceived superior talent merely because they already have a couple of mediocre players at that position. And, even if the Warriors decided to pass on Perry, my point was and still is, he won't make it to the 14th spot. He'll go in the top 10 and maybe even in the top 5. JMO.

Steve

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Earl Clark in 23 mins vs Cavs: 13 pts, 5-5 FGs, 3-4 FTs, 1 rebound, 3 assists, 2 blocks
Time for the daily Earl Clark update:

In 33 mins vs Philly: 14 pts, 11 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 blocks, 1 steal, 7/14 shooting.

Orlando was +10 with him on the court.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake