2014/15 Greatest impact: Newcomers

Which of these newcomers will have the biggest impact on the team this coming season?

• Zoran Dragic

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tyler Ennis

• Anthony Tolliver

• other (player to be acquired later)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Which of the Suns newcomers will have the biggest positive impact on the team during the upcoming season?

Past poll winners:

2007: 1. DJ Strawberry
2008: 1. Robin Lopez, 2. Matt Barnes
2009: 1. Earl Clark, 2. Channing Frye
2010: 1. Hakim Warrick, 2. Josh Childress
2011: 1. Shannon Brown & Markieff Morris (tie), 3. Sebastian Telfair
2012: 1. Michael Beasley & Goran Dragic (tie), 3. Luis Scola
2013: 1. Eric Bledsoe

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
No brainer on this one--omit Isaiah and you'll have a much more interesting poll.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was really torn between IT and TJ. I chose TJ out of hope more than expectation. IT has more experience. But boy, if TJ could produce for the Suns like he did in college, wow. TJ is the only one with any possibility at all of having more impact than IT.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I was really torn between IT and TJ. I chose TJ out of hope more than expectation. IT has more experience. But boy, if TJ could produce for the Suns like he did in college, wow. TJ is the only one with any possibility at all of having more impact than IT.

Sorry, JC, but I think there is NO way that TJ will have more impact than IT. TJ is still a rookie, regardless of his stats in college--which almost nobody ever duplicates their first year in the league.

Sounds like maybe you don't realize just how good IT is.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sorry, JC, but I think there is NO way that TJ will have more impact than IT. TJ is still a rookie, regardless of his stats in college--which almost nobody ever duplicates their first year in the league.

Sounds like maybe you don't realize just how good IT is.

Fair. Maybe I am underestimating IT. I am still hoping about TJ though.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
He'll still get more minutes than TJ Warren.

I'd say that's likely, but far from certain. Warren's main competition for minutes is probably Marcus Morris, and Warren should be the better player.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd say that's likely, but far from certain. Warren's main competition for minutes is probably Marcus Morris, and Warren should be the better player.

no one wants to believe this, but i think we all know we're going to see us go super small for chunks at a time this season. they didn't pay Thomas that much to ride pine.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no one wants to believe this, but i think we all know we're going to see us go super small for chunks at a time this season. they didn't pay Thomas that much to ride pine.

I think we'll see it a lot. Our best lineup will probably be the three guards and the twins unless Markieff really improves from three point range. I think we all know the problems we'll have playing small this year but unless our bigs improve dramatically or we find a good big man in a trade, we're not going to have much choice.

Steve

ProdigalSun

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I voted Warren as we don't have as much depth at the forward position so he should be able to make an impact right away

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
IT should have the biggest impact, but we know he can play. There should also be 30 minutes for all three PGs. Even without major injuries, I think Bledsoe and Dragic are good for about 10 missed games due to being banged up, and minor injuries (rolled ankles, bruised shins, etc.)

Taking IT out of the picture, I think Warren will be a nice surprise. He is a youngster with an old-man game, and he is probably going to end up the best mid-range scorer on the roster.

Since we know how good IT is, I'm going to go with Warren.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

And PJ Tucker and Gerald Green. We don't have a clear-cut majority minute guy at the 3, but we do have 3 players that have good NBA experience.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
And PJ Tucker and Gerald Green. We don't have a clear-cut majority minute guy at the 3, but we do have 3 players that have good NBA experience.

Yes, but none of them has the look of, "Yeah, that's the guy we want long-term," so there's a clear opportunity for Warren to jump up and grab it if he's ready.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Yes, but none of them has the look of, "Yeah, that's the guy we want long-term," so there's a clear opportunity for Warren to jump up and grab it if he's ready.

That's a pretty big "if" for a #14 draft pick. Can you imagine us saying that about Earl Clark?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will vote for Isaiah Thomas as he is a proven talent. Otherwise I would have voted for TJ warren.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
What part of "I'd say it's likely that Thomas has the bigger impact" did you not understand?

Wow, no need for that backhanded attack, Eric. Sorry if I offended you. I also said it was a pretty big "if". I'm guessing you agree with that, however mean your response was.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Wow, no need for that backhanded attack, Eric. Sorry if I offended you.

You didn't offend me, but after all of these years I still can't understand why you're unable to disagree with someone without exaggerating their point of view beyond anything they said. It's like if you say you think the Suns will win 48 games this year and I say I think they'll win 45, you'll say, "Why do you think the Suns are going to be terrible?"

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
You didn't offend me, but after all of these years I still can't understand why you're unable to disagree with someone without exaggerating their point of view beyond anything they said. It's like if you say you think the Suns will win 48 games this year and I say I think they'll win 45, you'll say, "Why do you think the Suns are going to be terrible?"

YOu said that Warren could make a jump if he's ready. I said it's a big if. I don't know why you felt you had to be snarky. And now you turn it into a more general overall attack. Sorry, just confused, especially considering the discussion wasn't all that negative to begin with.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
I picked Warren because he brings an element we didn't have last year. Thomas is gonna be huge but he's just an extension of Dragic and Bledsoe.

The Suns are gonna have 2 of their 3 star PGs on the court at all times and run people right out of the gym. No way anybody is gonna keep up with the Suns during the regular season. Also playing each of them 32 minutes a game will keep all 3 fresh all year long.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
The poll results don't agree with you thus far.

I'm pretty amazed because the question is who would have the biggest impact. IT is basically a starting point guard in the NBA, TJ Warren hasn't played a minute of professional ball (Summer League notwithstanding). I like Warren and hope he does make an impact, but even if he does, I don't think he'll match what IT will bring.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty amazed because the question is who would have the biggest impact. IT is basically a starting point guard in the NBA, TJ Warren hasn't played a minute of professional ball (Summer League notwithstanding). I like Warren and hope he does make an impact, but even if he does, I don't think he'll match what IT will bring.

You're probably right. Warren might be a nice surprise but it's doubtful he could have as much impact as a proven commodity in IT2. I guess it could come down to minutes.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Me too. My guess, not everyone took the question literally. Some voted based on what they want to see rather than what they really expect.

Steve

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake