2014 Draft morphing

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DX changed our 27th pick to Glen Robinson III in their last update.

They Jerami Grant there forever.

They did have Grant there forever, but I'm fairly sure they had someone there different today before Robinson at #27.

Can't turn your head. :)

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If they want shooters I don't see why they'd have interest in Warren. He's a low percentage shooter from mid-range and beyond. He's much more of a Cedric Ceballos type than he is a shooter. He follows the shot well and is able to score around the rim even in traffic. He's not that sneaky, roam the baseline, kind of guy that Ced was but he's not a pick and pop player either.

Steve

It doesn't necessarily mean all shooters. A shooter at 14 and Warren at 18 would be my guess.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am really hoping it is McDermott. Love his game and his basketball IQ

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am really hoping it is McDermott. Love his game and his basketball IQ

There are several players I'd move up for, Doug is one of them. I can't see Embiid, Vonleh, Randle, Wiggins or McDermott lasting to our spot even if there's a full moon tonight but all of them will be future stars (injuries notwithstanding). I'd move up for any of them (as long as the medical staff bought into it). Realistically, McDermott is probably the only one within our reach without giving up the farm. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

If we can't move up, I'd be content with Smart, Payton, Gordon, Stauskas or Harris. I'd probably be okay with drafting Saric too even though we won't see him for a couple of years.

Steve

HooverDam

Reaction score
There are several players I'd move up for, Doug is one of them. I can't see Embiid, Vonleh, Randle, Wiggins or McDermott lasting to our spot even if there's a full moon tonight but all of them will be future stars (injuries notwithstanding). I'd move up for any of them (as long as the medical staff bought into it). Realistically, McDermott is probably the only one within our reach without giving up the farm. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

If we can't move up, I'd be content with Smart, Payton, Gordon, Stauskas or Harris. I'd probably be okay with drafting Saric too even though we won't see him for a couple of years.

Steve

You think McDermott is a future STAR? How do you mean? I wouldn't be upset if the Suns got him, I just can't think of a NBA star in the recent past that really compares to him. I guess unless you think he's going to somehow morph into Larry Bird. His very highest ceiling seems like Wally Szczerbiak , who was a nice player, a solid starter but only ever made 1 ASG appearance.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Latest from DX

1 Andrew Wiggins SG/SF
19 yrs; 6'8"; 197 lbs.
Kansas, Fr
2 Jabari Parker SF/PF
19 yrs; 6'8"; 241 lbs.
Duke, Fr
3 Joel Embiid C
20 yrs; 7'0"; 240 lbs.
Kansas, Fr
4 Dante Exum PG/SG
18 yrs; 6'6"; 196 lbs.
Australian Institute of Sport, Intl
5 Aaron Gordon PF
18 yrs; 6'9"; 220 lbs.
Arizona, Fr
6 Marcus Smart PG
20 yrs; 6'3"; 227 lbs.
Oklahoma State, Soph
7 Julius Randle PF
19 yrs; 6'9"; 250 lbs.
Kentucky, Fr
8 Elfrid Payton PG
20 yrs; 6'4"; 185 lbs.
La Lafayette, Jr
9 Doug McDermott SF
22 yrs; 6'8"; 218 lbs.
Creighton, Sr
10 Noah Vonleh PF/C
18 yrs; 6'9"; 247 lbs.
Indiana, Fr

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz35myzm8yt
http://www.draftexpress.com

If we could get up to #10!

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay, I've have my TV on ESPN, my radio on 620 Sports Radio and on my internet on ASFN Suns Forum.

Where is the food? :)

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You think McDermott is a future STAR? How do you mean? I wouldn't be upset if the Suns got him, I just can't think of a NBA star in the recent past that really compares to him. I guess unless you think he's going to somehow morph into Larry Bird. His very highest ceiling seems like Wally Szczerbiak , who was a nice player, a solid starter but only ever made 1 ASG appearance.

I think he's a cross between Rip Hamilton and Kiki Vandeweghe. He moves so well without the ball and he never stops moving. Defenses have focused on him for three years now and he still dominates. He can score from deep, from mid-range and at the rim. If he were black, you'd never see the Wally comparisons but even still, I think you're selling Wally short. He was a borderline star until his knee injury.

The concern with Doug is who will he defend. But he works hard as a defender and in the shortened clock I think he'll be fine guarding most small forwards. It will never be his strength but it won't keep him off the court. And they won't be able to stop him from scoring. He won't be Lebron but he'll make a few all star games IMO.

Steve

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
McDermott's offensive numbers are similiar to Morrison and Fredette so I am not sure why people think he will be a player.
The stat guys also believe McDermott will be a bust.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I think he's a cross between Rip Hamilton and Kiki Vandeweghe. He moves so well without the ball and he never stops moving. Defenses have focused on him for three years now and he still dominates. He can score from deep, from mid-range and at the rim. If he were black, you'd never see the Wally comparisons but even still, I think you're selling Wally short. He was a borderline star until his knee injury.

The concern with Doug is who will he defend. But he works hard as a defender and in the shortened clock I think he'll be fine guarding most small forwards. It will never be his strength but it won't keep him off the court. And they won't be able to stop him from scoring. He won't be Lebron but he'll make a few all star games IMO.

Steve

Agree 100%, although I could see a slim chance at him developing into a Dirk Nowitzki. I think is floor is Korver. The Adam Morrison comparisons are silly as he was a complete mental midget. McBuckets is worth trading up to get.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On 620 Sports radio they are high on Adrien Payne.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They were also high on Kendall Marshall.. Gambo was a big Marshall fan.

Say it ain't so.

I was hoping Gambo might have some insight into the Suns thinking. Also Zach Lavine is being mentioned for his upside, a player that has a higher ceiling than players on the Suns roster. The thinking, is why go for average. Of course other players are being discussed like Hood and McDermott.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think he is Kyle Korver part 2. Not a star but an excellent complementary player.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Steve

I have had the pleasure of seeing him play in person multiple times since I go to Vegas for the Pac 12 tournament and the LVI.

I definitely agree he has a sneaky good inside game.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Maybe people don't believe he will reach his potential..

I have seen him compared to the likes of Horace Grant or Brian Skinner.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Aaron Gordon will go as high as #4 and no lower than #6

Btw how does Chris Broussard still have a job?
Ramona Shelbourne is terrible too.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Wait What?

I was being facetious. I don't understand how Vonleh could be falling unless something major has happened that wasn't reported. Good to great measurables, good to great production and one of the youngest players in the draft with huge potential.