2014 Draft morphing

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If they hold their current spot that pick will be 17th. Not bad. Not sure how their tie breakers play out but they could jump Brooklyn (one game back) or fall behind the Bobcats (two games up). Hard to see them moving any more than those two spots. So we should now pull for the Bobcats to win a few, move us up a notch.

HooverDam

Reaction score
Hey, cool! So that's a guaranteed three (WAS, PHO, IND), right? Then possibly another three in 2015 if they can cash in on MIN and LAL.

Correct, and we may still end up w/ Minnesota's this year.

Though the ideal situation would be to get Minnies next year. We should hope they narrowly miss the playoffs next year and we get their pick at 13 or 14. My worry is if they get rid of Love and fall back into the toilet, we may never see that pick.

I imagine w/ Indy's pick this year the Suns look heavily at a guy they can stash in the D-League or Europe for a bit, its hard to get that many young guys time, especially when the rest of the roster is young guys who need time too.

Neo

Red Tape Sorter
Reaction score
Word is that Jabari Parker is considering coming back for his sophomore year. Maybe we will have a shot at getting him in th3 2015 draft with the Laker's pick.

HooverDam

Reaction score
Word is that Jabari Parker is considering coming back for his sophomore year. Maybe we will have a shot at getting him in th3 2015 draft with the Laker's pick.

That would be so sweet/hilarious.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score

He is good but not great. I don't think he is a franchise changer.

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Correct, and we may still end up w/ Minnesota's this year.

Though the ideal situation would be to get Minnies next year. We should hope they narrowly miss the playoffs next year and we get their pick at 13 or 14. My worry is if they get rid of Love and fall back into the toilet, we may never see that pick.

I imagine w/ Indy's pick this year the Suns look heavily at a guy they can stash in the D-League or Europe for a bit, its hard to get that many young guys time, especially when the rest of the roster is young guys who need time too.

If we picked up Minnesota's pick this season it would mean our pick landed in the top three. I'd take that over waiting a year for whatever their pick could end up becoming. I'd love to have the 1st and 14th pick this season even if we just use them as part of a trade package.

HooverDam

Reaction score
If we picked up Minnesota's pick this season it would mean our pick landed in the top three. I'd take that over waiting a year for whatever their pick could end up becoming. I'd love to have the 1st and 14th pick this season even if we just use them as part of a trade package.

Our pick can't land in the top 3, we're going to the playoffs :)

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Our pick can't land in the top 3, we're going to the playoffs :)

Too bad we can't have our cake and eat it too. Our best chance to get the Minnesota pick this year is to miss the playoffs and then beat incredibly long odds to get one of the first three picks.

HooverDam

Reaction score
Too bad we can't have our cake and eat it too. Our best chance to get the Minnesota pick this year is to miss the playoffs and then beat incredibly long odds to get one of the first three picks.

While that's perhaps the best scenario the chances of it are so slim, it's not worth thinking about too terribly much.

I'd rather the Suns make the playoffs and get everyone playoff experience. Making the playoffs also helps make PHX a more appealing FA destination.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
I am not sure Jabari Parker will be a top 3 pick next year.

The same thing that happened to Marcus Smart will happen to him.

Next years fresh man class will have a few elite big man prospects that are sure to go top 5.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll be stunned if Parker comes back.

But if he does, I think he probably goes top 5 next year regardless. Another year of maturation/tutelage under Coach K can only help his game and as a freshman, he showed a lot.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if, by some miracle we won the lottery and ended up number 1 and Embid, Parker, Wiggins and Randle were there, who would you guys want?

I'm thinking Wiggins...Embid's back scares me. Although the kid from Kentucky...if len ends up decent and we have a one two punch of Randle/Len, that would be a pretty good front line.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Randle is not in the same class as the others, I don't think he is a consideration for the top 3, he might go as low as #7 or so.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Randle is not in the same class as the others, I don't think he is a consideration for the top 3, he might go as low as #7 or so.

really? i've been impressed with him when I've watched him. he doesn't have great lift though, right? projects more as a below the rim Zach Randolph type PF?

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
He does not block shots, does not get steals, he is "only" 6'9, good scorer and good rebounder.

Depends on what you need, Randle will definitely need a legit defensive presence next to him.

Some scouts have Vonleh already ranked higher than him.

HooverDam

Reaction score
New plan:

Suns narrowly miss this years playoff. Suns jump into the top 3 by a miracle, and get the T'Wolves pick at 14.

Jabari Parker returns to Duke, has a great Sophomore campaign and leads the Dukies to the Final 4 or better.

The Lakers stink up the joint again and land a top 5 pick, which conveys to Phoenix.

New lineup in 2 years:

C Joel Embid/Alex Len
PF Morris/Morris
SF Jabari Parker/whoever
SG Bledsoe/whoever
PG Dragic/whoever

CHAMPIONSHIP :p

Neo

Red Tape Sorter
Reaction score
Just for the sake of absurdity, I'd add that the Suns use this year's pick from Minnesota and the Pacer's draft pick to grab the twins from Kentucky.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
The Lakers stink up the joint again and land a top 5 pick, which conveys to Phoenix.

The LAL pick is top-5 protected in 2015 (top-3 2016, top-3 2017, unprotected 2018), so best would be to get it at #6 next year.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I don't think Randle will be a Superstar, but I think he will be a very good player. He is probably the "safe" pick.

Embid's injury issue scares me.

I'd probably go with Wiggins. He is years away from reaching his potential, but I think he'll get there.

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Just for the sake of absurdity, I'd add that the Suns use this year's pick from Minnesota and the Pacer's draft pick to grab the twins from Kentucky.

I love the absurd but I do not want to see the Harrison twins in Phoenix. I'd rather add enough Plumlee's to complete the set and just leave the AH boys alone.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake