2015-16 season thread

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I got the feeling that the game was over when Dahlbeck's goal, a couple of minutes into the game, was disallowed on a coach's challenge on Murphy's lazy off-sides play. Momentum was completely gone. Once again with the TOs, and it was 5-1 final, Detroit. In case you missed it, Detroit (Nyquist?) scored from outside of the blue line on Smith.

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Another loss, and more soft goaltending. Coyotes had a great first period. And then a super-soft goal allowed, followed by a semi-soft, a shortie, and another super-soft. Smith makes fantastic saves, and then allows crappy goals. Domi with two fantastic shots to score for the Yotes. Second was a wicked shot off a face off scramble. Without the two super-soft goals, everything else equal, Yotes get a point. Instead they get nothing. For those who watched the game, am I mischaracterizing the softies?

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Will the Yotes lose their fifth in a row tonight in St. Louis? :bang:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited by a moderator:

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The "loser point" is such freaking garbage. The NHL needs to either get rid of it or make a win worth 3 points.

The Yotes with a combined lose plus "OTL" record of 13-14 are trailing a team that is 10-19. Idiotic.

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Really tough trip. Just bad performances - getting leads and then playing sloppy/lazy.

Every broadcast we hear about all of the awesome young talent in the minors, and then watch a game with guys making mistakes that - although mistakes happen - shouldn't happen every game. Why can't we watch some of this "awesome young talent"? Telling fans "Just wait, in a few years we will have all this talent" doesn't really work.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really tough trip. Just bad performances - getting leads and then playing sloppy/lazy.

Every broadcast we hear about all of the awesome young talent in the minors, and then watch a game with guys making mistakes that - although mistakes happen - shouldn't happen every game. Why can't we watch some of this "awesome young talent"? Telling fans "Just wait, in a few years we will have all this talent" doesn't really work.

I understand your frustration. I really do. But, if we were to bring up all the kids now, we'd probably look a lot like Edmonton has for a while. Domi is a great example of cooking the youth properly. If only we had gone into a true rebuild a couple of years ago instead of chasing veteran FA's to try and recapture the 11/12 season magic.

I know it doesn't make this roller coaster any more fun to witness. :pullhair:

Amazingly, we're not out of it at all right now. There's still time and we should have some bodies coming back healthy soon.

Most importantly, they're still in AZ. :)

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I understand your frustration. I really do. But, if we were to bring up all the kids now, we'd probably look a lot like Edmonton has for a while. Domi is a great example of cooking the youth properly. If only we had gone into a true rebuild a couple of years ago instead of chasing veteran FA's to try and recapture the 11/12 season magic.

I know it doesn't make this roller coaster any more fun to witness. :pullhair:

Amazingly, we're not out of it at all right now. There's still time and we should have some bodies coming back healthy soon.

Most importantly, they're still in AZ. :)

Amen to the last sentence!

I understand that, and hockey is a physical game and "too young" is a thing, it just seems the attitude is "we are telling you nightly that we are going to be potentially awesome in 3-4 years, so stay with us". Just rubs me the wrong way, I guess.

Speaking of youngsters - Murphy was great, and then he wasn't. Now he has been a healthy scratch after terrible TOs and that lazy offsides in Detroit. Wonder if growing pains or something else?

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Amen to the last sentence!

I understand that, and hockey is a physical game and "too young" is a thing, it just seems the attitude is "we are telling you nightly that we are going to be potentially awesome in 3-4 years, so stay with us". Just rubs me the wrong way, I guess.

Speaking of youngsters - Murphy was great, and then he wasn't. Now he has been a healthy scratch after terrible TOs and that lazy offsides in Detroit. Wonder if growing pains or something else?

My advice, turn down the audio to the game and listen to something else. :D I catch up on all my Stern shows during the game.

Murphy has been up and down for sure. Could be an injury that they're not talking about or the opposing forwards are learning his game and exploiting his weaknesses. You have to adjust your game all the time at this level or you'll get embarrassed.

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Coyotes best young talent - Strome, Perlini, and Dvorak - are in the OHL so they can't simply call them up and give them a shot. Strome will be on Canada's top line in next month's WJC's, Dvorak leads the OHL in scoring and will be a main character for the US. Perlini should be on the roster as well for Canada. Unfortunately, the best guy in the minors for the Coyotes is Henrik Samuelsson who's out for the year with an ankle injury.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yotes did their part in #BeatMin on Friday and picked up a point in OT on Saturday to the Canes. 3/4 points is :thumbup:

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Smith Out 8-10 Weeks

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Not sure if this hurts or helps to be honest.

Last edited by a moderator:

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He, like Hanzal, just can't stay healthy. It is too bad for them personally, of course, but the team can't rely on these guys. And I love Hanzal.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not looking good. Do they try and trade for a goalie?

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Second win in a row for Louis Domingue, who has looked pretty good (very small sample size) in net. First was a 1-0 win over the Islanders, followed by a 3-2 win over the Leafs last night.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Second win in a row for Louis Domingue, who has looked pretty good (very small sample size) in net. First was a 1-0 win over the Islanders, followed by a 3-2 win over the Leafs last night.

Nice couple wins for him.

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Coyotes taking advantage of the major pp late tonight. What a finish to end regulation.

And then the ****** in OT. Damn kopatar.

Last edited:

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Coyotes again score in the third period to force overtime but this time they come out winners with a Boedker goal.

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
After getting manhandled by Chicago on Tuesday, the 'Yotes come back with a win over Winnipeg last night. They enter the new year with 39 points, good for 7th in the conference.

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yotes with 3 out of 4 points thus far on the western Canada road swing (OT loss to Oilers, win vs Vancouver). I am liking Domingue in goal. He provides a few anxious moments per game, especially when attempting to handle the puck behind the net, but I think he is a step ahead of Lindback at the moment.

Doan scored two goals last night in the defeat of the Canucks, 3-2.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05