2015-16 season thread

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Coyotes win 2-1 over Minnesota.

Very strange game.

Yotes had 6 shots total in first two periods. :bigyawn:

17 shots in the third and were down by one with less than 2 minutes to go. Then Hanzal takes an idiotic penalty and we're on the kill.

Our old goalie Dubnyk tries to clear a dump-in from behind the net, coughs it up to Rieder who passes to Vermette and he pumps it into the goalie-less net to tie it up.

Yotes kill the rest of the penalty that spills over into OT and get to the shootout.

The Duke dekes Dubnyk out of his jock and puts it post and in for the win.

King Louie does the rest.

Almost went to bed after two, but happy I stayed up for that. :clapping:

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
That game last night was super frustrating.

They coyotes offense is sputtering big time right now. Doan got on such a roll for a while, it feels like the rest of the team kindof got out of rhythm. Need to get back to that stellar team hockey we were playing earlier in the year. The coyotes are one of the best passing teams I have seen in a while and they have totally gotten away from that in the past couple of games. Too many guys trying to make big individual efforts.

That being said I still really like what I'm seeing from the team. Our young guys are so fun to watch.

I dont hold anything last night against Domingue, he has been getting absolutely peppered with shots in the last couple of games with the Coyotes spending very little time in the offensive zone.

This team is fun to watch. I'm going to a game soon. I dont support these guys enough. Trying to do better about that.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The fans voted John Scott to the NHL All Star game then the Coyotes traded him to the Canadiens.

https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/status/688117234556735488

Scott speaks up.

But while I don’t deserve to be an All-Star, I also don’t think I deserve to be treated like I’ve been by the league throughout this saga. I’m an NHL player — and, whatever my set of skills may be, that I’m an NHL player is no accident. I genuinely believe that when I’m on the ice, or even just the bench, I make my teammates feel safe to do what they do best.

Does that make me an elite player? God, no. Am I going to be nervous as hell when I step onto the ice on Sunday — and I’m playing three-on-three, with Tarasenko whizzing by over one shoulder, and Toews putting the moves on me over the other? Of course. Will I be the worst skater in the game? I mean, probably.

But at the same time: this isn’t Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I’m not some random person off the street, and I didn’t win a golden ticket to “play hockey with the stars.” I won an internet fan vote, sure. And at some point, without question, it was a joke. It might even finish as a joke. But it didn’t start as one. It started with a very small pool, out of a very small pool, out of the very, very smallest pool of hockey players in the world: NHLers. That was the vote. A fan vote, an internet vote — but a vote from among the 700 or so best hockey players in North American professional sports.

And I’m one of them.

The NHL and the Coyotes couldn't have handled this much worse. :mad:

I've also read that they're out of Scott's jersey at the NHL All Star store. :notworthy:

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/a-guy-like-me/

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Totally agree.

Then again, should any of us be surprised at this point?

Wait, what? I can understand the NHL not wanting Scott there, but unless Scott would be taking the place of another potential Coyote (doesn't look like it), why would AZ care, unless told to care by the NHL? Scott barely played as a Coyote, so they weren't worried about time away from the team, injury, distraction, etc. I would need to hear more than a tweet about how the Coyotes did Scott wrong before I cast aspersions upon the Coyote FO.
The trade was hockey trade and made sense in terms of assets, so I don't fault them for that. Maybe timing could have been different?

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wait, what? I can understand the NHL not wanting Scott there, but unless Scott would be taking the place of another potential Coyote (doesn't look like it), why would AZ care, unless told to care by the NHL? Scott barely played as a Coyote, so they weren't worried about time away from the team, injury, distraction, etc. I would need to hear more than a tweet about how the Coyotes did Scott wrong before I cast aspersions upon the Coyote FO.
The trade was hockey trade and made sense in terms of assets, so I don't fault them for that. Maybe timing could have been different?

That's fine, I'm not encouraging locals to boycott the club or anything like that.

Maybe this was just a pure hockey trade and the timing was crap and nothing sinister at all.

However, the optics of this were awful from the get go. Had the league and the Yotes just embraced this little "quirk" of a viral social media campaign to elect a "goon" to the All Star game all of this looks a lot better. Montreal couldn't get the attention of crickets for Tinordi until this trade "appeared" and from where I'm sitting, it has the look of NHL orchestration all over it. Another "perk" of non-traditional ownership, I'm sure.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So guess who stole the show for the All Star Game festivities and even won MVP?

Hint: He doesn't play on the Coyotes.

:notworthy:

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So guess who stole the show for the All Star Game festivities and even won MVP?

Hint: He doesn't play on the Coyotes.

:notworthy:

Let's see - his names consists of two different terms associated with bathrooms?

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NASHVILLE – There was no doubt that the perfect storm of The John Scott Phenomenon and the NHL’s reinvigorated 3-on-3 All-Star Game format had provided an uptick in attention for the midseason classic.

The only question was if that would actually translate into a spike in viewership as well, or if the All-Star Game would remain something fans ignored on television.

We have the answer, and perhaps it’s that John Scott should be made permanent captain of the Pacific Division.

Sunday’s NHL All-Star Game in Nashville delivered a 1.17 overnight rating, which NBC reports is the best number on record for an All-Star Game on NBCSN...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p...e-set-ratings-record-for-nbcsn-152755167.html

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Headed to the game tonight. Time for the second half push. Go Yotes!

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images
gates about to open! Go Yotes!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Well I'm not gonna lie,,, that could've gone better. lol

Was a really fun experience tho. There were a lot of Kings fans in the house but overall they were fine. Didn't see any extracurriculars from the peanut gallery, maybe they were too busy watching what was an awesome game almost all the way through the 2nd period. Almost... I told my buddy when there was 3 mintues left; they just need to survive the rest of this period so they can regroup. Then the Kings scored twice in under 2 minutes and it was over...

We have a lot of young talent that is super fun to watch, even in a loss. Watching Domi and Duclair fly around on the ice is a sight to see.

Also, everytime I go to a Coyotes game at Gila River arena or whatever it is called that year is what a nice hockey venue it is. It really is just a beautiful little arena. The seating is super comfortable and it seems like there isn't really a bad seat. The food was good too. Lots of options. They do a good job with those games, it's just so freaking far for people to drive in rush hour on week nights. I get why people dont come. It doesn't bother me I just leave early but most people cant just do that. Point is, the fans who are there are awesome, it will be a shame if this building winds up empty.

Coyotes fans are great. Shout out to all the season ticket holders. There aren't an area packed with season ticket holders, but they are there. They howl and make a ton of noise. I'm always impressed by the Coyotes fanbase. They are super loyal and passionate about hockey.

There was this young couple sitting next to me who said they were visiting from Montreal but they were wearing Coyotes jerseys, but just listening to the conversation they were having about the game was fascinating. lol I learned more about hockey tonight than I have all my life! It was a fun game.

Last edited:

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Well I'm not gonna lie,,, that could've gone better. lol

Was a really fun experience tho. There were a lot of Kings fans in the house but overall they were fine. Didn't see any extracurriculars from the peanut gallery, maybe they were too busy watching what was an awesome game almost all the way through the 2nd period. Almost... I told my buddy when there was 3 mintues left; they just need to survive the rest of this period so they can regroup. Then the Kings scored twice in under 2 minutes and it was over...

We have a lot of young talent that is super fun to watch, even in a loss. Watching Domi and Duclair fly around on the ice is a sight to see.

Also, everytime I go to a Coyotes game at Gila River arena or whatever it is called that year is what a nice hockey venue it is. It really is just a beautiful little arena. The seating is super comfortable and it seems like there isn't really a bad seat. The food was good too. Lots of options. They do a good job with those games, it's just so freaking far for people to drive in rush hour on week nights. I get why people dont come. It doesn't bother me I just leave early but most people cant just do that. Point is, the fans who are there are awesome, it will be a shame if this building winds up empty.

Coyotes fans are great. Shout out to all the season ticket holders. There aren't an area packed with season ticket holders, but they are there. They howl and make a ton of noise. I'm always impressed by the Coyotes fanbase. They are super loyal and passionate about hockey.

There was this young couple sitting next to me who said they were visiting from Montreal but they were wearing Coyotes jerseys, but just listening to the conversation they were having about the game was fascinating. lol I learned more about hockey tonight than I have all my life! It was a fun game.

Totally agree Bert. It's the location that sucks. Can't wait to have the team playing downtown or perhaps Tempe!!

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Ugh terrible 3rd period for the Yotes so far. And consistently getting out shot badly again. Defense imploding

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Losing streak at 5. Need to start the push tonight verses the Flames at home. :koolaid:

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice win against the Flames but loss to the Sharks is just treading water out of the playoffs. Going to be very interesting in the next couple as the trade deadline is rapidly approaching.

Yotes host the Habs at the "Monster" tonight at 7:00.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05