2015 NBA Free Agents

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Here's many of the attainable PFs from next year's PF FA class.

Red = restricted FAs so we have a limited chance at em

I have underlined the players who I think the Suns will/should be interested in.

PFs:
PF Elton Brand UFA
PF Reggie Evans UFA
PF Amar'e Stoudemire UFA
PF Carlos Boozer UFA
PF Nick Collison UFA
PF Matt Bonner UFA
PF Jason Maxiel UFA
PF Chuck Hayes UFA
PF Amir Johnson UFA
PF Brandon Bass UFA
PF Paul Millsap UFA
PF Tristian Thompson RFA
PF Thomas Robinson UFA
PF Kyle O'Quinn RFA

Cs:

C Kevin Garnett UFA
C Drew Gooden UFA
C Robin Lopez UFA
C Kosta Koufos RFA
C Enes Kanter RFA
C Jerome Jordan RFA
C Brandan Wright UFA
C Ryan Hollins UFA
C Drew Gooden UFA
C Ronny Turiaf UFA
C Samuel Dalembert UFA
C DeAndre Jordan UFA
C Greg Stiemsma UFA
C Greg Smith UFA
C Tyson Chandler UFA
C Bismack Biyombo RFA
C Greg Monroe UFA
C Omer Asik UFA

Here are the rest of the FAs including FAs at positions other than PF and C:

http://www.spotrac.com/free-agents/nba/2015/available/

Personally, I'd like to see us bring in Jordan even if it means overpaying for him. If we plan on continuing to run the dual PG lineup, Jordan's the perfect defensive big man and also offensive (lobs) for the system. He can protect the rim and rebound at a high level and honestly, he's only been getting better.

Its gonna take a massive overpay to pull him away from LAC but I think it could be worth it simply because for the first time in over 20 years, the Suns could have a defensive identity with him.

Sign Millsap, overpay Jordan, resign Dragic & Green and trade the twins, IT & Plumlee for a top 1st rd pick to clear up cap room and roster space.

Bledsoe/Ennis/Goodwin
Dragic/Green
Tucker/Warren
Millsap/1st rd pick rookie?
Jordan/Len

If Warren turns out to be the big time scorer that many expect him to be, and Dragic, Jordan & Bledsoe keep improving then that lineup is a contender in the West imo. I hate trading the Morris twins cause I'm a huge Kieff fan but for cap space, you gotta do it.

Of course another way to go would be the Greg Monroe route. I wouldn't mind that either but I like Jordan's defense more than I like Monroe's offensive game. Not cause Monroe's offense isn't good but because this team desperately needs someone like Jordan.

Last edited:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Personally, I'd like to see us bring in Jordan even if it means overpaying for him.

Its gonna take a massive overpay to pull him away from LAC but I think it could be worth it simply because for the first time in over 20 years, the Suns could have a defensive identity with him.

Sign Millsap, overpay Jordan, resign Dragic & Green and trade the twins & Plumlee for a top 1st rd pick to clear up cap room and roster space.

Of course another way to go would be the Greg Monroe route. I wouldn't mind that either but I like Jordan's defense more than I like Monroe's offensive game. Not cause Monroe's offense isn't good but because this team desperately needs someone like Jordan.

I don't see how we get anywhere close to the money we'd need for any of this. I'd love to get Jordan but I don't see that happening. Monroe isn't the player Deandre is and Monroe is going to demand the max so I don't think there's an overpay available here.

I'd gladly give the max to Jordan but the team that pays Monroe that kind of money will likely be looking at several years of a gross overpay. Regardless, even trading away the twins and Plumlee isn't going to open up enough room for us to add Jordan and another player unless the cap jumps a lot this season. And, IMO, Monroe is no better than our own number 11. Could you imagine how we'd feel if we were paying Markieff 14 million per?

I'd be interested in adding Monroe during this season for IT but not as a high priced free agent. There is a small chance he'd shine away from the mess Detroit has been but I wouldn't take a gamble that big without some evidence he'd work for us. If we trade for him now and things go well, maybe we can find a way to keep him this summer? It would require a lot of work and a huge cap increase but if he and Markieff can play together it would solve a lot of our problems and allow Len the 3 or 4 years he'll still need to grow into his game.

Steve

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Whoever the Suns sign has to be a rebounding defensive presence. Monroe does not fit that bill. Jordan does. There are certainly options for next summer. They can clear cap space.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't see how we get anywhere close to the money we'd need for any of this. I'd love to get Jordan but I don't see that happening. Monroe isn't the player Deandre is and Monroe is going to demand the max so I don't think there's an overpay available here.

I'd gladly give the max to Jordan but the team that pays Monroe that kind of money will likely be looking at several years of a gross overpay. Regardless, even trading away the twins and Plumlee isn't going to open up enough room for us to add Jordan and another player unless the cap jumps a lot this season. And, IMO, Monroe is no better than our own number 11. Could you imagine how we'd feel if we were paying Markieff 14 million per?

I'd be interested in adding Monroe during this season for IT but not as a high priced free agent. There is a small chance he'd shine away from the mess Detroit has been but I wouldn't take a gamble that big without some evidence he'd work for us. If we trade for him now and things go well, maybe we can find a way to keep him this summer? It would require a lot of work and a huge cap increase but if he and Markieff can play together it would solve a lot of our problems and allow Len the 3 or 4 years he'll still need to grow into his game.

Steve

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/phoenix.htm

I think the cap is going to be around 62 million. The Suns already are potentially at that. They would have to clear IT, Tolliver, and more to be able to sign a max level FA.

We would also need to clear Zoran (not a good signing), and Plumlee. That wold get us into the 14.8 million range available. At that number, it might be possible to get a decent Center to go along with Len. So essentially it would end up being something like IT, Green, Zoran, Plumlee for DeAndre Jordan. Meh.

NBA scavengers are going to be circling the Suns looking for quality leftovers. We cannot possibly keep the volume of talent that we have and move forward. We, eventually, are going to have to part with an Archie, Len or Warren, just for salary reasons (unless we move Bledsoe or Dragic).

Last edited:

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Monroe isn't a defensive stopper, but he rebounds well (not great, but well) and he can score in the low post. I think we need to see if Len develops into a defensive stopper.
Monroe is an intriguing option because he can play PF or C. Bad thing is that he has no jump shot, so until Len develops a nice 15-18 foot jumper, that pairing would clog up the paint.

EDIT:
Unless the Suns are getting Love, LMA, or someone at that level, Green should not be included in that trade.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Sign Millsap, overpay Jordan, resign Dragic & Green and trade the twins & Plumlee for a top 1st rd pick to clear up cap room and roster space.

That is just stupid beyond belief. Markieff is just as good as Millsap and much younger.

I would not mind if the Suns could bring back Amare for a mid-level type of deal. He has been playing much better this year - very efficient 13&8 in 26mpg

Last edited:

cly2tw

Reaction score
That is just stupid beyond belief. Markieff is just as good as Millsap and much younger.

I would not mind if the Suns could bring back Amare for a mid-level type of deal. He has been playing much better this year - very efficient 13&8 in 26mpg

And this in a totally sucking NYK offense. People say no new tricks to old dogs. But Amare added an excellent post game which he lacked back in Phoenix. And this year he is also improving on defense, too. Seen his recent posterization of Varairo! If healthy, he is still among the better PFs in this league.:D

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And this in a totally sucking NYK offense. People say no new tricks to old dogs. But Amare added an excellent post game which he lacked back in Phoenix. And this year he is also improving on defense, too. Seen his recent posterization of Varairo! If healthy, he is still among the better PFs in this league.:D

Is not, has not been for a long time, never will be.

OP
OP
sunsfan88

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Steve
I probably should have added trading IT as well. I don't think resigning Green would be a possibility either. Maybe trade Marcus also since Warren probably has a much higher ceiling than him anyway. Hopefully Kieff will be able to understand that NBA is a business....but even with all this, your right, signing Millsap seems impossible barring a huge increase in cap.

On the plus side, we should be able to acquire a bit of draft picks with these trades.

Bledsoe/Ennis
Dragic/rookie or Goodwin
Tucker/Warren
Kieff/rookie or Tolliver
Jordan/Len

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We don't really need more draft picks. We need a dominant big. That might be all. There are a couple potentials in this draft. If we could put some picks together in a series of trades (maybe along with players) to move up, maybe we could get one.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Bledsoe/Ennis
Dragic/rookie or Goodwin
Tucker/Warren
Kieff/rookie or Tolliver
Jordan/Len
As long as we start two Point Guards, we have a backup Point Guard.

Ennis isn't going to get the same experience and sense of running the offense unless and until we have a starting "2" Guard and Point Guard and a backup "2" Guard and Point Guard.

Whichever starting Guard has to play out of position isn't happy playing even longer out of position when the backup Point Guard comes in.

Whether it is Thomas or Ennis taking over the spot off the bench.

Such is part of the curse of two Point Guards wanting 38 minutes per game at their natural, and best, position.

cly2tw

Reaction score
Is not, has not been for a long time, never will be.

After undergoing the same procedure Kobe did in summer 2013, Amare has not had any setbacks. Woodson and Fisher early on tried to manage his minutes and rest him in b2b games, which helped a lot. We'll see how his body holds now he is starting again and playing 35min. But if he could stay healthy with below 30 min a game for 65 games in regular season, he'd be an asset to any team.

OP
OP
sunsfan88

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
We don't really need more draft picks. We need a dominant big. That might be all. There are a couple potentials in this draft. If we could put some picks together in a series of trades (maybe along with players) to move up, maybe we could get one.

Nobody is gonna trade a big with potential in the draft for Suns picks and crap.

McD found out the hard way that his draft picks have very little value when he tried to trade away the Ennis and Bogdanavic pick but nobody wanted those selections.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Do we want Lopez from the nets? They're shopping the overrated Johnson and Williams as well

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think his back is jacked up now isn't it?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do we want Lopez from the nets? They're shopping the overrated Johnson and Williams as well

If they are reworking the Nets, let's try and get Mason Plumlee.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
On a side note. Really wish we could have picked up an elite defender this off season. I think Ariza and Deng were available. Ariza is a good defender and Deng is that filler that we need, much like Marion was. Although Dengs game is a little different.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking the Suns might make a trade around December 15th when players signed in the offseason can be traded. Anyway I think there will be more trade activity around this date.

IT is still rehabbing his ankle and looks like he will be able to play soon.

cly2tw

Reaction score
Robin Lopez has become really solid defensive big. Where is Dudley now? Maybe having a reunion of the 2010 team next year with Robin, Amare, Dragic, Dudley, and Nash as assistant coach would be cool.

OP
OP
sunsfan88

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
One guy I think the Suns might be interested in is Draymond Green.

Hornacek's offense requires a big man to camp near the 3 pt line and Green can do it. He's the perfect stretch 4 for the Suns because he's also a pretty good defender and rebounder in addition to being a 3pt shooter.

There is question about whether or not GSW would be willing to let him go though.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One guy I think the Suns might be interested in is Draymond Green.

Hornacek's offense requires a big man to camp near the 3 pt line and Green can do it. He's the perfect stretch 4 for the Suns because he's also a pretty good defender and rebounder in addition to being a 3pt shooter.

There is question about whether or not GSW would be willing to let him go though.

I can't imagine them letting Green go but yeah, I'm sure we'd love to get him.

Steve

OP
OP
sunsfan88

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I can't imagine them letting Green go but yeah, I'm sure we'd love to get him.

Steve

He's a stretch 4 that I wouldn't mind because he plays hard on both ends of the court.

Looking at the GSW cap situation, I don't think GSW would be able to afford him unless they trade Igoudala or Lee. It will be interesting to see who will be willing to take Lee of their hands. Igoudala hasn't matched expectations in the bay area either.

I'd offer Green the $12M/yr and then perhaps engage in sign and trade talks with the Warriors. Tucker is someone who they could believe could replace Green and is locked up for 3 years as well so I'd start there.

http://www.warriorsworld.net/2014/1...inks-draymond-green-will-get-10-12m-per-year/

OP
OP
sunsfan88

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I would be down for us to get Tobias Harris. I think he's a rising star in this league. Only 22 years old as well.

I'd offer him something similar to what we gave Bledsoe. Orlando may match though.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05