2016-17 Around the NBA

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm planning on starting a new thread around training camp. Anyone feeling antsy and willing to start a new thread...i am willing to help get that one rolling.;):)

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Noel should have accepted this offer from the Mavericks.

Wow. I can't believe he turned it down. It is higher than his market value.

Let him play for the qualifying offer.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Noel should have accepted this offer from the Mavericks.

Wow. I can't believe he turned it down. It is higher than his market value.

Let him play for the qualifying offer.

That's what everyone said when Bledsoe turned down the Suns' first offer that summer. Any word on how many years the Noel offer was?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rich Pail

IMO, the Mavericks hold all the cards even with Rich Paul as his agent. I highly doubt Noel will chance playing for the qualifying offer.

Cuban can up the offer slightly and make nice, but no way Noel deserves the max.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's what everyone said when Bledsoe turned down the Suns' first offer that summer. Any word on how many years the Noel offer was?

I haven't heard anything about the length of the contract the Mavericks offered Noel.

However, didn't the Suns have competition from Minnesota before signing Bledsoe to the max or near max.

I have not heard of any competition for Noel. Besides isn't 17.5 million near the max for Noel. Bledsoe was offered significantly less early on.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Noel should have taken the 4 year, 70 million dollar offer in July.

A reported $17 million offer from Dallas was nonexistent in any form, according to sources close to Noel, though league sources say a four-year, $70 million contract was offered to Noel on July 1.

Sources told ESPN's Tim MacMahon that the four-year offer was pulled when Noel asked for a max deal.

Lesson learned, don't get greedy.

It seems changing agents didn't help Noel much if he gets injured. I wonder if he bought some insurance.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ns-1-year-offer-sheet-remain-dallas-mavericks

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a good indication of what may happen with Len.

This is a good observation unless Len's agent sees the writing on the wall. The money has dried up.

I'm sure Len has received a reasonable multi-year offer from the Suns. He better take it before they pull it off the table.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe Len's agent can try selling Len to the Mavs for half the price of Noel, even a third. I'd like to see him back on a reasonable deal, 3 years/$20 million, but I'd be surprised if he accepted an offer like that. I think it's the most he can hope for though. I can't see any team offering him more than $5 million a year next summer.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is a good observation unless Len's agent sees the writing on the wall. The money has dried up.

I'm sure Len has received a reasonable multi-year offer from the Suns. He better take it before they pull it off the table.

No, pretty sure all they offered Len was the qualifying offer.

McDonough said the Suns are still waiting to here from Len after extending him a one-year, $4.2 million qualifying offer.

“It’s up to Alex and his agent,” McDonough said. “It’s on the table. We’d like to have him back.”

http://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...ms-appreciates-new-3-year-contract/514366001/

That is pretty straight forward.

IMO Len and Noel's situations are very very different. Noel was a fool not to take that 17 million, but in the limited minutes he played, he was very productive and had a positive effect on the overall scoreline. While Len was unproductive and his minutes were disastrous for the Suns. Noel is also an athletic stud, while Len is a plodding throwback to a league that does not exist anymore.

Noel got done in by the way restricted free agents don't get offers when opposing clubs know the offer will get matched, he should have taken what the Mavs offered. Len on the other hand didn't get any offers, even from his own team, because he stinks.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, pretty sure all they offered Len was the qualifying offer.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...ms-appreciates-new-3-year-contract/514366001/

That is pretty straight forward.

IMO Len and Noel's situations are very very different. Noel was a fool not to take that 17 million, but in the limited minutes he played, he was very productive and had a positive effect on the overall scoreline. While Len was unproductive and his minutes were disastrous for the Suns. Noel is also an athletic stud, while Len is a plodding throwback to a league that does not exist anymore.

Noel got done in by the way restricted free agents don't get offers when opposing clubs know the offer will get matched, he should have taken what the Mavs offered. Len on the other hand didn't get any offers, even from his own team, because he stinks.

The Suns extended qualifying offers to both Williams and Len. This ensures the Suns kept the rights to both players while they were negotiating with them. See link below.

This does not mean the Suns did not offer Len a multiyear contract like Williams except Williams accepted his contract offer. I suspect the Suns also offered Len a similar type contract but he wants more money.

Of course this is just my interpretation. IMO, it makes sense the Suns offered Len a multiyear contract of some sort to keep his future rights.

http://arizonasports.com/story/1159883/suns-extend-qualifying-offers-alex-len-alan-williams/

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Additional assets? They already were given the sun and moon. They need to scrap that trade and look for Bledsoe instead. Maybe, just maybe, we can still make something amazing happen.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

The Cavaliers want to milk this thing for all it's worth. Ainge is now on the receiving end for a change.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05