2016-17 Around the NBA

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

This makes zero sense to me. Hold on to him until the trade deadline and then trade for a few draft picks. He would add value to a contender as long as they have a trade exception to use on him. OKC, Washington and Boston all have exceptions to use that would work.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This makes zero sense to me. Hold on to him until the trade deadline and then trade for a few draft picks. He would add value to a contender as long as they have a trade exception to use on him. OKC, Washington and Boston all have exceptions to use that would work.

The Bulls reportedly want to go into full tank mode this coming season with the eye towards drafting a top lottery pick. So this is likely one of the reasons the Bulls want to buyout Wade.

Here is more from an ESPN article.

But as the Bulls get set for a major rebuilding season, the reality is that the bottom of a bad Eastern Conference is right where this team wants to be. That's because it will put Chicago in the best possible position to draft either Michael Porter Jr. or Marvin Bagley III next summer. The Bulls' rebuilding plan got a major shot in the arm Monday night when Bagley announced he would be attending Duke and would reclassify as part of this year's class. Not only did his decision give the Bulls another high-level target in the 2018 draft, it gave the front office a reminder of what its main objective should be all season: Put yourself in the most advantageous lottery position by losing as many games as possible.

In other words, tank away.

Here is the link.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...er-forecast-chicago-bulls-right-where-want-be

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Bulls reportedly want to go into full tank mode this coming season with the eye towards drafting a top lottery pick. So this is likely one of the reasons the Bulls want to buyout Wade.

Here is more from an ESPN article.

Here is the link.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...er-forecast-chicago-bulls-right-where-want-be

I get the tank mode part of it and that is why I would hang on to him and get a draft pick or two back. You play him sparingly until the trade deadline, which is even more a plus as he will be rested.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get the tank mode part of it and that is why I would hang on to him and get a draft pick or two back. You play him sparingly until the trade deadline, which is even more a plus as he will be rested.

Theoretically you make a good point but I'm not sure this works out well in real life especially since other teams know the Bulls are going to part with him which drives down his value.

Wade can offer something to a contender as you note. My guess is that Wade would not be happy being used sparingly while the Bulls tank. If Wade helped the Bulls win a meaningless game or two this would not benefit their cause.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Shams Charania‏Verified account@ShamsCharania 6m6 minutes ago

Sources: Former Celtics draft pick Jordan Mickey is finalizing a guaranteed $1.5M minimum deal with the Miami Heat, with '18-19 team option

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I know almost every fan base bashes the Cleveland fans for burning Lebron jersey's but has any other team ever had to deal with watching the best player in the league leave them high and dry?

He'll be doing it a 2nd time also. I can only think of Durant leaving OKC as a comparison.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know almost every fan base bashes the Cleveland fans for burning Lebron jersey's but has any other team ever had to deal with watching the best player in the league leave them high and dry?

He'll be doing it a 2nd time also. I can only think of Durant leaving OKC as a comparison.

At least Lebron gave the Cavaliers a championship. IMO, this fulfills his obligation to them.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Shaq dumping a championship caliber Orlando magic team.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

LeBron was worse for the fans because he was an Akron kid and he left doing that stupid Decision show. But he made up for it coming back and winning a title so I assume most Cavs fans got over it.

Will be interesting to see the reaction if he leaves again

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
LeBron was worse for the fans because he was an Akron kid and he left doing that stupid Decision show. But he made up for it coming back and winning a title so I assume most Cavs fans got over it.

Oh, I'm sure if CLE doesn't win a title this year and he bolts he will be labeled as a turncoat, especially if he joins another super team which we all know he will.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Shaq dumping a championship caliber Orlando magic team.

Forgot about Shaq leaving Orlando. Had he stayed there I'm sure they would have won at least 1 title with him and Penny.

He did get them a title but Cavs fans are delusional. They think that they can still compete with the Warriors with minor tweaks. If Kyrie doesn't get trade and Lebron bolts, I wouldn't be surprised if the fanbase blames him for Lebron leaving with all of the turmoil this offseason being the excuse for Lebron leaving despite how everyone outside of Cleveland has talked about Lebron leaving since the Cavs won the title last year. Can't blame Kyrie for wanting out before the whol situation falls apart but I think Kyrie and Love with the rest of their roster should still be a playoff team.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05