2019 NBA Playoff Discussion

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2 minute report confirmed Curry walked prior to the pass to Livingston which then goes to Iggy for the 3. But, Siakam walked at 44 seconds no call, and Kawhi walked at 36 seconds no call. They said VV didn't foul Curry on the pass I thought he did live which is why I think they didn't call the walk.

They also said the T on Curry was the correct call but that the foul that started it, on Boogie was a bad call.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
2 minute report confirmed Curry walked prior to the pass to Livingston which then goes to Iggy for the 3.

Traveling rules are suspended in the final possessions of a close game. If the referees are going to allow a lot more fouling, they have to allow traveling to make up for it.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It wasn't in the last 2 minutes so not in the report of course but the one that got me was Cook's key 3 pointer and then Curry and him did the jumping chest bump. The ball was still live, and Curry wasn't in the game he was at the scorers table waiting to check in and moved down to the Toronto side to do it, pretty sure it is supposed to be a T.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
It wasn't in the last 2 minutes so not in the report of course but the one that got me was Cook's key 3 pointer and then Curry and him did the jumping chest bump. The ball was still live, and Curry wasn't in the game he was at the scorers table waiting to check in and moved down to the Toronto side to do it, pretty sure it is supposed to be a T.
I thought that was s bit strange. I think Curry and Cook assumed Raptors were going to call timeout...I know I did.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I attended Soquel for two years then Santa Cruz high school the last two years.

I don't think we ever played either of those schools. I remember playing Monterey when Rich Aldrete was there. I also played against Harbor HS when they had a kid named Jim Hart who led the CCS in scoring, played at Fresno State I think, really good lefty shooter just not a great athlete. I graduated in 83 from Cupertino my guess is before your time.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
I don't think we ever played either of those schools. I remember playing Monterey when Rich Aldrete was there. I also played against Harbor HS when they had a kid named Jim Hart who led the CCS in scoring, played at Fresno State I think, really good lefty shooter just not a great athlete. I graduated in 83 from Cupertino my guess is before your time.
I was 92...

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dubs are 10-14 in games Klay misses.

Yeah if he can't go it's a major loss he both spreads the floor on offense, and is a great defender. McKinnie was a mixed bag in the last game and Cook is too small to play extensive minutes.

Tough call if you play Klay now and he makes the injury worse he's gone for the series. The temptation would be suit him up but don't play him unless you absolutely need to.

Hopefully Iggy and Livingston are ready to play more minutes in that scenario, hasn't seemed like it so far.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hate seeing people hurt, Thompson is actually one of my most liked players in the NBA despite me finding Curry and Green unlikable. But finally someone injured themself by trying to draw a foul, those types of plays are disgusting and really ruin the integrity of the game.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I remember the WNBA tried to have refs mic'd up with video glasses that showed what they saw. Then Diana Taurasi dropped an F bomb or two, and that was the end of that experiment!

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
I highly doubt he plays at all. The only way it happens is desperation. If they’re down 3-1 or 3-2...

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Since GS won game 2, that buys another game off for Durant. That's how teams usually rested star players due to injury in the past in the playoffs. After the win last game, I said. "Durant's out another game." Supposedly, Durant's ramping up his practices according to Steve Kerr.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Curious to see Kerr's counter to the box and 1 on Curry. I remember in college someone did it to him and basically doubled him on all screens so the coach just stuck Curry out by halfcourt and let his guys effectively go 4 on 3. Toronto obviously isn't going to do that.

I would expect something along the lines of letting draymond and or boogie play point forward and play Steph in a position where whoever face guards him is not available as a help defender. One of the things Lowry and VanVleet have done very well in the series, especially Lowry, is when they switch onto a non shooter they help off him and try and Lowry in particular has drawn a number of charges doing it.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Curious to see Kerr's counter to the box and 1 on Curry. I remember in college someone did it to him and basically doubled him on all screens so the coach just stuck Curry out by halfcourt and let his guys effectively go 4 on 3. Toronto obviously isn't going to do that.

I would expect something along the lines of letting draymond and or boogie play point forward and play Steph in a position where whoever face guards him is not available as a help defender. One of the things Lowry and VanVleet have done very well in the series, especially Lowry, is when they switch onto a non shooter they help off him and try and Lowry in particular has drawn a number of charges doing it.
I didn't pay attention last game what their counter was to game one. Both these coaches are good tacticians. I am sure game three will have new wrinkles on both sides.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't pay attention last game what their counter was to game one. Both these coaches are good tacticians. I am sure game three will have new wrinkles on both sides.

Kerr in the 2nd half ran the offense through Boogie in the 3rd quarter. He was terrific dishing from the high and low post was huge in the comeback.

After Klay went out, Toronto went box and one with Van Vleet literally face guarding Curry. The Warriors went scoreless for over 5 minutes until that late Iggy 3. My guess is if Toronto does it again, Kerr will have a counter, just not sure what it will be.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
If no KD and No Klay our bench will have to find a way to replace 48 pts...

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If they win tonight it may be one of the best playoff wins ever.

If they win tonight some talking head idiot will insist it's because they have superior talent throughout the roster and that they are incapable of playing above themselves because they are just so far ahead of everyone else. Mouths like Max Kellerman will insist it's no big deal if they win and Curry's a choker if they lose. Actually, he tends to call Curry a choker even when the Warriors win.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Warriors win tonight, I think it's over. I don't think the Raptors can come back from that.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Curry will need some help tonight. He has 12 of the 16 Warriors points.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser