2019 NBA Playoff Discussion

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s Toronto ball! Sheesh green

If you told me the call live was Toronto ball I was fine with them giving them the ball. But as the announces said repeatedly after the ball appears to leave Draymonds fingers, it seems to change direction which made it look like it must have hit Gasol. The replays were not conclusive did it hit him or not. I THINK it was Toronto ball but according to the rule I think it should have been Warrior ball because the initial call was that way and the way the ball changed directions you can't prove it didn't hit Gasol.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And Iggy with a big 3 in return!

Toronto should have fouled.

They did, twice, teh refs didn't call it. You can actually see one of their players complaining to the ref about it after Iggy's 3 goes in.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good game by the Warriors. Toronto laid an egg in that 2nd half. The Warriors didn't play much better but they managed to hit big shots when it was needed while Toronto struggled to do much of anything.

I think the Warriors defense had lots to do with Toronto struggling to score in the 2nd half they were well over 40% in the first half and finished at 37.6 they missed lots of contested, and open shots in the 2nd half.

If Kawhi wasn't shooting that many FT's the game would have been a rout, everytime he drove same thing find the defender plow into him and get an and 1. If you're going to get called for a foul don't let him get the shot off.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Definition of Strength in numbers with key performances from Cook, Bogut and Livingston in the 2nd half.

And like the announcers said, I can't recall ever seeing a box and 1 before in the NBA. For years it wasn't legal the illegal defense rules made the box part against the rules, but now it's legal. I imagine if Klay can't play in game 3 and KD is still out that's what we'll see.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ben Cafardo‏ @Ben_ESPN 50m50 minutes ago
#NBAFinals on ABC Game 2 draws strong 10.2 overnight rating (Nielsen)

54th consecutive NBA Finals broadcast to draw double-digit overnight ratings

66th straight time the NBA Finals on ABC is expected to win the night across all of TV

(Canadian ratings not included)
The NBA is still going to have to do something about the availability of its product. More and more people are moving away from cable--especially younger people.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Warriors confirmed Curry was treated for dehydration at end of first quarter but have not confirmed local report he threw up when he first went back there. Steph said he just didn't feel right but was no way he wasn't coming back.

Klay said he'll play in game 3, he's getting an MRI today but he said he's confident he will play.

Iggy said it probably wasn't all that smart for him to come back in the game he "got my head knocked off" but he said it's the finals and it's all over in 2 weeks so gotta gut it out.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
We were discussing in my household like it almost seems they are taking away GS players each game to see how competitive they can make the series. LOL. It's like the NBA gods are saying GS is too strong straight up, so let's even the odds.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We were discussing in my household like it almost seems they are taking away GS players each game to see how competitive they can make the series. LOL. It's like the NBA gods are saying GS is too strong straight up, so let's even the odds.

A guy on a UCLA board I frequent said "it doesn't matter the Warriors still have a huge talent edge, people saying they showed heart are ignoring they have the best players by far."

Near as I can see the best player on the floor, by far, is Kawhi Leonard. The last 8 minutes of the game without Klay they had Steph, Cook, Iggy, Boogie and Draymond with Livingston and Bogut off the bench. So for 8 minutes they had one real scorer and Boogie who's clearly nowhere near 100% right now. Which is why they scored 3 points in the last 5 and a half minutes. I have to give it up for Quinn Cook he not only hit 3 big threes in teh game, he played about as well on defense as I've ever seen him play, he often gets completely abused by bigger guys but he really gave it everything he had last night.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I just felt like the Raptors didn't move the ball through Gasol enough in the second half. Then there were some dumb possessions where it seemed like, players other than Leonard or Lowry took the end bounds and just went 1 on 1 for the entire possession.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just felt like the Raptors didn't move the ball through Gasol enough in the second half. Then there were some dumb possessions where it seemed like, players other than Leonard or Lowry took the end bounds and just went 1 on 1 for the entire possession.

I'd have to look at the play by play but it almost seemed to me like they relied TOO much on Kawhi down the earlier in the 4th. The Warriors just kept throwing bodies and help at him and outside of getting to the line he didn't do much. Then down the stretch they didn't go back to him nearly enough, he had only 3 points and that was the 2 FT's plus the T on Steph for spiking the ball. I should add the entire reason for that T was Cousins drove baseline down the other end earlier, Kawhi clearly hit him on the hand and shoulder on the way up, he double pumped and Kawhi blocked that shot and caused a jump ball. Cousins was furious he didn't get the initial call. He then stole the tip and got correctly called for that. So then later Kawhi drives in and Cousins gets his hand all over the ball and thinks he has a jump ball, and they call a foul and Curry who'd had a similar call when he tied up Lowry earlier just apparently lost his mind for a second and threw the ball up the air and correctly got a T.

It kind of seemed like the Warriors throwing bodies at Kawhi earlier in the quarter led to the Raptors trying to use him as a decoy at the end there? To be fair he also short armed a shot in the paint and missed another one that made it look like he was probably exhausted.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Warriors confirmed Curry was treated for dehydration at end of first quarter but have not confirmed local report he threw up when he first went back there. Steph said he just didn't feel right but was no way he wasn't coming back.

Klay said he'll play in game 3, he's getting an MRI today but he said he's confident he will play.

Iggy said it probably wasn't all that smart for him to come back in the game he "got my head knocked off" but he said it's the finals and it's all over in 2 weeks so gotta gut it out.
He has to have a concussion...I am shocked he hasn't been put into a protocol for it. When I was in high school I wrestled up a weight class in a tournament at Overfelt HS and was illegally slammed (basically a power bomb) onto the soft part of the back of my head. I was so mad, my adrenaline took over and was able to finish the match. I wound up losing 6 to 5. Anyway, it turned out I had a pretty bad concussion and was taken to the hospital about 30 minutes later.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He has to have a concussion...I am shocked he hasn't been put into a protocol for it. When I was in high school I wrestled up a weight class in a tournament at Overfelt HS and was illegally slammed (basically a power bomb) onto the soft part of the back of my head. I was so mad, my adrenaline took over and was able to finish the match. I wound up losing 6 to 5. Anyway, it turned out I had a pretty bad concussion and was taken to the hospital about 30 minutes later.

Where did you go to HS? We played Overfelt in basketball several times so I know the name.

He sure looked like a concussion with all the blinking but apparently they looked when they took him back and decided he didn't have one. I had one in HS from a basketball game mine was like a really bad migraine I was so light sensitive for hours after my mom wound up putting a dark towel thing over my eyes so I could sleep.

There's a shot from the Warriors in the airport after the game and Klay, Curry, Boogie, and Iggy were apparently all in wheelchairs. Iggy and Boogie were in the picture and Boogie was making fun of it so it was apparently a cautionary thing for him. I'm sure it was for Curry and Klay too but they were all making fun of old man Iggy.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Where did you go to HS? We played Overfelt in basketball several times so I know the name.

He sure looked like a concussion with all the blinking but apparently they looked when they took him back and decided he didn't have one. I had one in HS from a basketball game mine was like a really bad migraine I was so light sensitive for hours after my mom wound up putting a dark towel thing over my eyes so I could sleep.

There's a shot from the Warriors in the airport after the game and Klay, Curry, Boogie, and Iggy were apparently all in wheelchairs. Iggy and Boogie were in the picture and Boogie was making fun of it so it was apparently a cautionary thing for him. I'm sure it was for Curry and Klay too but they were all making fun of old man Iggy.
I attended Soquel for two years then Santa Cruz high school the last two years.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
It's official, looney is out for series with fractured collar bone. That's a huge loss. :(

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Klay Thompson is questionable for game 3.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Game three and four could very well be:

1st Unit:
Curry
McKinney
Iggy
Green
Cousins

2nd Unit: