2022-23 Around the NBA Thread

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It almost feels like the Lakers are tanking. Lebron, Beverley and Walker are out tonight against the Jazz. I'm not seeing them push the panic button.

A wild thought, would the Pelicans be interested in Anthony Davis? He last played there. Maybe the Pelicans could remove the swap rights for the 2023 draft in a trade.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It almost feels like the Lakers are tanking. Lebron, Beverley and Walker are out tonight against the Jazz. I'm not seeing them push the panic button.

A wild thought, would the Pelicans be interested in Anthony Davis? He last played there. Maybe the Pelicans could remove the swap rights for the 2023 draft in a trade.
I guess they could send AD there for Ingram and the pick swap but I can't think of why the Pelicans would want to deal with Anthony's constant injuries. Not that Ingram has been all that healthy.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was only a random thought. Trying to make logic out of the illogical.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'd like to point out that we've got the 2nd best record in the conference (trailing only a team that wants to tank but hasn't figured out how) and the 2nd best point deferential in the league.

The wheels remain attached.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I'd like to point out that we've got the 2nd best record in the conference (trailing only a team that wants to tank but hasn't figured out how) and the 2nd best point deferential in the league.

The wheels remain attached.
At least one of our wheels is threadbare, and one is being patched up, and one doesn't want to be attached anymore.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jacque Vaughn is the Nets new head coach.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

The Pelicans would be fools to trade for him and give up the swap rights. To me that alone is worth more than AD let alone any players they would have to throw in.

He is effectively useless due his injury issues, no way will he ever make it through the playoffs and remain available the whole time.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I'm sure he is.

Why would anyone want him?
AD is having a better season right now in a declining state than Ayton will ever have in his entire career and that’s on a team with zero spacing. He has value the question is how much considering his durability issues.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was listening to the ringer podcast and they think New Orleans will eventually offer the house for Durant. He’s got a good relationship with Willy Green and Ingram/Zion are a bad fit. Plus they have more picks than us.
Makes sense.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Was listening to the ringer podcast and they think New Orleans will eventually offer the house for Durant. He’s got a good relationship with Willy Green and Ingram/Zion are a bad fit. Plus they have more picks than us.
I wouldn’t include Lakers pick for Durant if I was NO. They could end up with Big Vic and NO would be set up long term with Zion, Ingram, McCollum and Vic.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

There is no competing with that if the Pelicans include Zion or Ingram.

With the injury to Cam Johnson, I think the Suns options have diminished, but that may not be a terrible thing if they get a healthy Cam back.

A first round pick(s) and expiring contracts should be able to get the Suns a rotation player and not strip the franchise.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
AD is having a better season right now in a declining state than Ayton will ever have in his entire career and that’s on a team with zero spacing. He has value the question is how much considering his durability issues.
His durability is everything.

You cannot win a championship with him on your team, because he won't be available at some point that you need him in the playoffs.

I'm not even sure trading Chris Paul for him would be a good idea, let alone Ayton. Ayton is still 24 - he will have a better season than the one AD is having now, I have no doubt.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Jacque Vaughn is the Nets new head coach.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I remember he was one of the hradliners at a pre draft tournament they used to have in PHX. I actually drove up to watch from Yuma.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05